Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    I know, I know the Lakers have nothing to really give but what about Xavier Henry for a guy like Buycks?

I realize the Lakers probably don't know who Buycks is but he'd be a decent young talent for them to roll with.
    You must not be familiar with Lakers ... If you have iPhone, download TuneIn Radio App, then listen to 710 ESPN Los Angeles and see what they are saying now and what would they think about an unknown Buycks

Comment

• Liking this idea for Lowry to LA:

Toronto gets Nash, LA 2014 first, and the right to swap Lakers 2016 pick.
      LA gets Lowry, Toronto's 2015 pick

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Liking this idea for Lowry to LA:

Can someone explain to me how that would even be possible? I thought you couldn't trade away consecutive 1st round picks in any scenario, and LA's 2015 is still going to PHX.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Can someone explain to me how that would even be possible? I thought you couldn't trade away consecutive 1st round picks in any scenario, and LA's 2015 is still going to PHX.
          You can't be out two first round picks in consecutive drafts.

Currently: LA has a pick in 2014, but no pick in 2015 (going to Phoenix).

Proposal: LA loses pick in 2014, but gains a pick in 2015 (from Toronto). So they will have a pick in 2015, but no pick in 2014 (opposite of current situation).

Added benefit: Toronto gets right to swap picks in 2016 (assuming LA's is worse than theirs by then).

Comment

You can't be out two first round picks in consecutive drafts.

Currently: LA has a pick in 2014, but no pick in 2015 (going to Phoenix).

Proposal: LA loses pick in 2014, but gains a pick in 2015 (from Toronto). So they will have a pick in 2015, but no pick in 2014 (opposite of current situation).

Added benefit: Toronto gets right to swap picks in 2016 (assuming LA's is worse than theirs by then).
            LA traded their 2013 pick as well, so they can't trade 2014 under any circumstance
            Ball Don't Lie

Comment

• phdmac wrote: View Post
              LA traded their 2013 pick as well, so they can't trade 2014 under any circumstance
              2013 draft doesn't count anymore.. the rule is reset once the new season begins.

Comment

• not if you traded the previous year's pick, otherwise the rule could be negated every year
                Ball Don't Lie

Comment

• because they can't trade 2016 as it stands now. Otherwise after 2015 wouldn't it reset and they would be allowed to deal it?
                  Ball Don't Lie

Comment

not if you traded the previous year's pick, otherwise the rule could be negated every year
                    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q85

The Stepien rule applies only to future first round picks. For example, if this is the 2011-12 season, then a team can trade its 2012 first round pick without regard to whether they had traded their 2011 pick, since their 2011 pick is no longer a future pick. But they can't trade away both their 2012 and 2013 picks, since both are future picks. Teams sometimes work around this rule by trading first round picks in alternate years.

Comment

because they can't trade 2016 as it stands now. Otherwise after 2015 wouldn't it reset and they would be allowed to deal it?
                      Future picks only.. 2015/2016 haven't happened.. so you can't be out a pick in 2014 and 2015 or 2015 and 2016. The 2013 pick does not matter anymore.

Comment

• 10-4
                        Ball Don't Lie

Comment

not if you traded the previous year's pick, otherwise the rule could be negated every year
                          planetmars is right.

The rule is forward looking only.

And the Lakers can trade their 2014 pick, it just has to be on draft night after they make the selection (either for themselves or another team).

*whoops* Appears planetmars already took care of this!

Comment

Liking this idea for Lowry to LA:

I do not like this trade. Our 2015 pick is far more valuable than a 2016 pick swap with lakers.

The only way I would take Nash is in a 3 team trade with phoenix? something like okafor, lowry and johnson moving to lakers, gasol and novak to phoenix and we get alex len, nash and picks from phoenix and lakers.

Comment

• LAL cannot trade a pick till 2016...

So the Lakers are not a good trade partner, they literally have nothing that we want

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                                I do not like this trade. Our 2015 pick is far more valuable than a 2016 pick swap with lakers.

The only way I would take Nash is in a 3 team trade with phoenix? something like okafor, lowry and johnson moving to lakers, gasol and novak to phoenix and we get alex len, nash and picks from phoenix and lakers.
                                Toronto is also receiving LA's 2014 pick. Would you rather have two 2014 picks or one 2014 pick and one 2015 pick? There is risk there in that the 2015 pick could be worse than the Lakers 2014 pick.. but that's why we get the chance to swap picks in 2016.

Just a hypothetical of course.. I would personally rather have two lottery picks in 2014 when the draft is expected to be loaded.

Comment

Working...
                                X