Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or somethin like this

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l5jt6hj + Clevelands 2014 1st

Comment

• lol, all these ideas being tossed around. Not my schtick, but it's a fun read. It'll be interesting to see who comes closest.

Comment

• I wonder if the hawks would be willing to part with dennis schroder? I don't want any part of fatty felton.

Comment

• I couldn't help but laugh as I read these tweets...
          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• To NY - Lowry

To LA - Felton & Buycks*

To TOR - Hardaway & Smith/Murry & Blake & 2018 1st round pick (NY)

* Toronto would have to waive 2 players regardless (likely Buycks & Daye)
            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Dec 12, 2013, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              To NY - Lowry

To LA - Felton

To TOR - Hardaway & Smith/Murry & Blake & 2018 1st round pick
              If that were to happen, we'll see Lowry play one more game as a Raptor :P

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                Oh, for heaven's sake, another one of these twisted facts calling out posts.

Bold 1: I don't recall anyone saying "the Raptors are not tanking". Some, me included, expressed a distaste for "tanking", if that included peddling everyone but JV, and yes we wanted to see how the team as formed would gel. If you're hanging on people believing that MU was going to see what he had before doing anything, well, he did. Who are these people who you say will have egg on their faces, and what jollies are you getting from calling these phantom people out?
                As for whether the only actual move yet (Rudy) represents the start of some "full on tank", I posted a well reasoned comment to point out that the trade alone is certainly not representative of a "tank", as they got no young prospects, no picks, and may have gotten better. (okay gang, let loose with the vitriol, lol)

Bold 2: And your point is? That media spouting speculation is proof? How did that Gray for Jimmer work out for those boys? To say nothing of dozens, if not hundreds, of other pissing in the wind speculations from media every year.

Maybe a tank is on, maybe not. There's zero proof of that my unloading 1 toxic contract, of a player hurting the team's performance, and shopping an expiring contract of a non-long term PG? And who the fk are you throwing egg on their phantom faces?
                I think fully wants to be the first one to say "i told you so!" which right now is a little bit too premature.

IMO, trading Rudy Gay is a tank move. The brilliance of it tho is Masai acted as soon as he saw that Gay's 38% FG was plastered all over the media with analysts jumping all over it and having a field day with it. This way, he gets to satisfy the fanbase calling out for Rudy's head and, putting his tanking plan into motion and not having himself blamed. Its like he's saying, hey, you guys are the ones who wanted to get rid of him, now we're losing, im still the bad guy?" He traded Gay at the perfect time. I have no doubts that given a couple more games, a few adjustments and Gay would have probably put his FG% to his usually average but Masai did not want that time to come and have the fanbase hate him for trading a good player on a possible playoff team. He's intention is to blow up the team all along, but just gave the people a look at why this team needs to be blown up, now that he has reason, he's doing what he's set out to do since day 1.
                Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Dec 12, 2013, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/chrismannixsi/st...33998367498240

You go masai!

One good young player or first round pick or NO LOWRY FOR YOU 7 MONTH!!!

Comment

• well there's that. everyone back to your offices, nothing to see here.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• LA does not need Felton since he also going to be out for 2-3 weeks with injury.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                        LA does not need Felton since he also going to be out for 2-3 weeks with injury.
                        Good point

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                          LA does not need Felton since he also going to be out for 2-3 weeks with injury.
                          That's why I'd include Buycks as well. Together they make $4.3M, just slightly more than the $4M Blake makes. Bucyks would fill the gap until Felton gets back.
                          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Dec 12, 2013, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Like that Ujiri seems to have no interest in Shumpert. Seems like a guy not worth going after. Yeah he plays good D, but his O basically hasn't grown at all, and he has a bad injury history.

Comment

• I keep getting updated with Doug Smith's tweets on Bleacher Report. What a smug son of a bitch.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Like that Ujiri seems to have no interest in Shumpert. Seems like a guy not worth going after. Yeah he plays good D, but his O basically hasn't grown at all, and he has a bad injury history.
                                Plus he thinks he's big enough to scream at superstars.

That shit will get you traded.

Comment

Working...
                                X