Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yesterday was a real cock tease
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      People have to realize that these trades aren't really about "want" or "need". They are about losing as many games as possible this year so that the Raps have a shot at Wiggins/Parker/Randle/Exum. Any young players or picks the Raps get in the process are merely appetizers and desserts on the main course: losing as much as possible.
      yes but losing a lot of games would be nicer with more picks on hand going into draft night. Trading with NY just enables more Ls Masai needs at least 1 more first rounder this draft.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        People have to realize that these trades aren't really about "want" or "need". They are about losing as many games as possible this year so that the Raps have a shot at Wiggins/Parker/Randle/Exum. Any young players or picks the Raps get in the process are merely appetizers and desserts on the main course: losing as much as possible.
        True, but in trading our assets we want to get as many benefits as possible. New York wanted to trade Metta and Felton for Lowry, which is basically asking for Kyle for nothing. We can get the benefit of not having Kyle simply by not playing him, so they have to pay us more than that.

Comment

• I was hoping to wake up to see Lowry shipped off. Damnit!

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            True, but in trading our assets we want to get as many benefits as possible. New York wanted to trade Metta and Felton for Lowry, which is basically asking for Kyle for nothing. We can get the benefit of not having Kyle simply by not playing him, so they have to pay us more than that.
            Yeah, the offer of Felton and Artest is a complete joke. Knick fans are whining about Ujiri demanding a prospect + pick, but IMO the counteroffer the Knicks made is even more insulting.

The trade would be Prospect for Lowry, pick for taking on Felton's salary.

Comment

• Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                Yeah, the offer of Felton and Artest is a complete joke. Knick fans are whining about Ujiri demanding a prospect + pick, but IMO the counteroffer the Knicks made is even more insulting.

The trade would be Prospect for Lowry, pick for taking on Felton's salary.
                I like that MU even offered NY a choice, by saying the Raps would accept 2 of 3 acceptable assets, in addition to Felton (assuming that rumor was true). I like MU playing hardball and I like the bidding war it could potentially start.

Comment

• Man, that's one hell of a bench we're assembling.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      So it's a Stephen A Smith situation again?

Comment

• If GS does have interest in Lowry, and with O'Neal possibly out long-term due to injury, I wonder if MU could get Barnes? Iggy is expected back from injury soon and they'll be in a financial pickle once Thompson (1 more season) & Barnes (2 more seasons) need to be re-signed.

Toronto could trade Lowry along with Hansborough/Patterson (Novak could also be included if GS has interest) for Barnes, using GS's various TPEs.

Toronto could take O'Neal back in trade, to help balance the salaries a little better ($2M expiring).

Similar to NY, the only 1st round picks GS has available are in 2019 or 2020. Barnes is the only player I could see MU having any interest in (that GS might be willing to trade).
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Dec 13, 2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          If GS does have interest in Lowry, and with O'Neal possibly out long-term due to injury, I wonder if MU could get Barnes? Iggy is expected back from injury soon and they'll be in a financial pickle once Thompson (1 more season) & Barnes (2 more seasons) need to be re-signed.

Toronto could trade Lowry along with Hansborough/Patterson (Novak could also be included if GS has interest) for Barnes, using GS's various TPEs.

Toronto could take O'Neal back in trade, to help balance the salaries a little better ($2M expiring).

Similar to NY, the only 1st round picks GS has available are in 2019 or 2020. Barnes is the only player I could see MU having any interest in (that GS might be willing to trade).
                          This would be amazing.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            If GS does have interest in Lowry, and with O'Neal possibly out long-term due to injury, I wonder if MU could get Barnes? Iggy is expected back from injury soon and they'll be in a financial pickle once Thompson (1 more season) & Barnes (2 more seasons) need to be re-signed.

I think any trade involving Barnes means Toronto is shipping out an actual quality asset (not a rental PG or depth big). Maybe Lowry + Ross for Barnes, with them using a TPE to balance money.

Comment

• This is how I hope the scenario breaks down:

We trade Lowry to NY for Felton and Shumpert + 1st Rounder in 2018. Then We flip Shumpert and Hansbrough (Denver TPE) to Denver for Kenneth Faried and 2015 1st rounder

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post

I believe it, I mean Lowry is in a great situation to be the potential starting PH for a young team if resigned, or simply play out the season to the best of his ability raise his stock either resign here for more money or go to whatever team promises him starting duties and nice contract.

Lowry requesting a trade doesnt make sense he wins regardless of whatever happens traded or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X