Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    If I was MU, I would try to holdout and really fleece NY (again), if those 3 teams (NY, Brooklyn & GS) are only teams interested in Lowry bidding war.

Lowry - Felton & Shumpert & Hardaway
    Ujiri and bidding wars are like peanut butter and jam.

This is beautiful. I swear we're going to walk out of here with something great.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      Bulls signed DJ Augustin today, so they aren't as tempted to make a deal YET. If we want a trade with Chicago, we probably have to wait until they see how bad Augustin is lol
      did you see the bulls/knicks game last night?
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If I was MU, I would try to holdout and really fleece NY (again), if those 3 teams (NY, Brooklyn & GS) are only teams interested in Lowry bidding war.

Lowry - Felton & Shumpert & Hardaway
        I could see them doing it. They are very desperate...

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Frank Isola: Knicks, Nets & Warriors all interested in Toronto point guard Kyle Lowry.
          So the teams that want Lowry are teams that have basically nothing to offer, that's great. NONE of those teams can give us picks.

I don't see how Golden State does it. They'd need to trade both Marreese Speights (sure) and Harrison Barnes (WHOA) in order to make the money work, and I don't think they trade Barnes unless they've decided that when they extend Klay Thompson there will be no money left for Barnes so goodbye Harrison. I don't see GS even working as a three-team deal.

The Nets? What the fuck can the Nets offer us? Jason Terry? Why do we want Jason Terry? The Nets stripped the store bare in order to get Pierce and Garnett and it blew up in their face. I don't see a three-teamer happening with them either.

The Knicks at least have Shumpert, and a lot of teams might want Shumpert. I don't think we do. Next year is Shump's extension year and he's going to want to get paid, which means this year is effectively a contract year for him. It's part of the reason he's so pissed with the Knicks. We probably can't afford to keep Shump next year and we don't want him trying to win games, that pesky fella. But I can see a three-teamer sending Shump to some team that HAS an asset we want, like Charlotte or Cleveland or Chicago, us sending Lowry to the Knicks and the third team sending us something we want. Anthony Bennett, perhaps. One of Charlotte's or Chicago's collected picks. That sort of thing.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            That Knicks bulls game was pathetic. We should auction off Lowry to them
            i think the auction is beginning

Comment

• Pretty jokes if we got Metta. Won't happen, but just a funny thought lol

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                So the teams that want Lowry are teams that have basically nothing to offer, that's great. NONE of those teams can give us picks.

I don't see how Golden State does it. They'd need to trade both Marreese Speights (sure) and Harrison Barnes (WHOA) in order to make the money work, and I don't think they trade Barnes unless they've decided that when they extend Klay Thompson there will be no money left for Barnes so goodbye Harrison. I don't see GS even working as a three-team deal.

The Nets? What the fuck can the Nets offer us? Jason Terry? Why do we want Jason Terry? The Nets stripped the store bare in order to get Pierce and Garnett and it blew up in their face. I don't see a three-teamer happening with them either.

The Knicks at least have Shumpert, and a lot of teams might want Shumpert. I don't think we do. Next year is Shump's extension year and he's going to want to get paid, which means this year is effectively a contract year for him. It's part of the reason he's so pissed with the Knicks. We probably can't afford to keep Shump next year and we don't want him trying to win games, that pesky fella. But I can see a three-teamer sending Shump to some team that HAS an asset we want, like Charlotte or Cleveland or Chicago, us sending Lowry to the Knicks and the third team sending us something we want. Anthony Bennett, perhaps. One of Charlotte's or Chicago's collected picks. That sort of thing.
                GS could do Lowry for Barnes straight-up, using TPE both ways.

According to ESPN's Trade Machine, that trade would actually improve GS by 2 games!

That's the only deal better than a NY trade for Felton & Shumpert & Hardaway (from among the 3 rumored teams)

Best the Nets could do would be Teletovic & Plumlee & Taylor/Shengalia
                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Dec 12, 2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• My hope: Lowry for Shump, THJ, Felton, and 2018 1st unprotected. Get 'er done MU.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

Well here's my take on these trade partners:

Warriors: Not much here. I think it might just be a rumor, but I would love it if they can fleece them of Barnes somehow.

Nets: No thanks. Like you said, no assets.

Knicks: This is an interesting trade partner. If we trade with them, it won't be for a pick for say, but definitely a tank move. We would be trading away Lowry for any combination of Shumpert, Felton and Haraway Jr. This trade doesn't give us a pick, but helps us tank. New York gets better, so they can get themselves out of the lotto. This moves one more team away from the lottery. We get worse and some young assets. We tank and get a better lottery pick.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                        Well here's my take on these trade partners:

Warriors: Not much here. I think it might just be a rumor, but I would love it if they can fleece them of Barnes somehow.

Nets: No thanks. Like you said, no assets.

Knicks: This is an interesting trade partner. If we trade with them, it won't be for a pick for say, but definitely a tank move. We would be trading away Lowry for any combination of Shumpert, Felton and Haraway Jr. This trade doesn't give us a pick, but helps us tank. New York gets better, so they can get themselves out of the lotto. This moves one more team away from the lottery. We get worse and some young assets. We tank and get a better lottery pick.
                        Warriors have a large trade exception that could be used. So they aren't completely useless. Could be a good 3 way partner with the Knicks.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          My hope: Lowry for Shump, THJ, Felton, and 2018 1st unprotected. Get 'er done MU.
                          Agreed. The only other deal from the 3 rumored teams I would like as much, would be Lowry to GS for Barnes (using TPE both ways).

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            My hope: Lowry for Shump, THJ, Felton, and 2018 1st unprotected. Get 'er done MU.
                            If anyone fleeces NY of young assets and picks, it's Ujiri xD

Comment

Agreed. The only other deal from the 3 rumored teams I would like as much, would be Lowry to GS for Barnes (using TPE both ways).
                              But why would the Warriors do it? There's no incentive. We'd probably have to give them a 2015 pick?

Comment

• Holy crap, we're amounting a whole lot of small contracts. This almost has the feeling of what Morey did in Houston before he traded from Howard.

Is there any way at all we can flip some of our picks, and spare parts for Rondo and Jeff Green?

Rondo
                                DeMar
                                Green
                                Amir
                                JV

Book it!

Comment

Working...
                                X