Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People forgetting that GS has an 11M trade exception from the RJ deal.

No 2014 1st though.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      But why would the Warriors do it? There's no incentive. We'd probably have to give them a 2015 pick?
      They need a back-up PG
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

But why would the Warriors do it? There's no incentive. We'd probably have to give them a 2015 pick?
        I wasn't saying they would, just finding ideas that might interest Toronto. I literally can't see anything else on their roster that would interest MU even as much as Shumpert and/or Hardaway Jr.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          Holy crap, we're amounting a whole lot of small contracts. This almost has the feeling of what Morey did in Houston before he traded from Howard.

Is there any way at all we can flip some of our picks, and spare parts for Rondo and Jeff Green?

Rondo
          DeMar
          Green
          Amir
          JV

Book it!
          Didn't really think of that. Hmmm that's interesting. Great thought!

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            GS could do Lowry for Barnes straight-up, using TPE both ways.

According to ESPN's Trade Machine, that trade would actually improve GS by 2 games!

That's the only deal better than a NY trade for Felton & Shumpert & Hardaway (from among the 3 rumored teams)

Best the Nets could do would be Teletovic & Plumlee & Taylor/Shengalia

So conflicted. Would like Barnes but where does that leave us? A bit better but out of the tank. And, have we all just blown Barnes into a hero because of the way we missed out on him? ...not so long ago that we were forever pining for Rudy Gay

Comment

• Is there a limit as to how far in the future a draft pick can be dealt? I mean, could we ask the Knicks for a 2020 and 2030 unprotected 1st rounder?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
                People forgetting that GS has an 11M trade exception from the RJ deal.

No 2014 1st though.
                They also gave their 2017 to Utah.. so they can't trade the 2015 as they don't have their 2014. They can't trade their 2016 since they don't have their 2017, and for that same reason they can't trade their 2018.

If we want a pick from them it would have to be a swap. Our 2015 for theirs for example.

Comment

• S**t's getting real... http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...ng-trade-again

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Is there a limit as to how far in the future a draft pick can be dealt? I mean, could we ask the Knicks for a 2020 and 2030 unprotected 1st rounder?
                    I'd take that.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                      I'd take that.
                      I honestly don't know if it is allowed, but I'd be interested to find out.

Comment

They need a back-up PG
                        Yea but there are better possible back-up PGs available that doesn't cost them Barnes. Also, there is no guarantee that Lowry will even stay with the Warriors especially since he's in the last year of his deal. Lowry probably won't like it at GS. Sure, they are a playoff contention team, but Lowry probably wants to be the starting PG, so he probably wouldn't want to stay...

Comment

Is there a limit as to how far in the future a draft pick can be dealt? I mean, could we ask the Knicks for a 2020 and 2030 unprotected 1st rounder?
                          There is a limit and I think it is 5 years out, meaning teams can currently trade picks up to 2018.

EDIT: correction, it is 7 years out, up to 2020
                          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Dec 12, 2013, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Yea but there are better possible back-up PGs available that doesn't cost them Barnes. Also, there is no guarantee that Lowry will even stay with the Warriors especially since he's in the last year of his deal. Lowry probably won't like it at GS. Sure, they are a playoff contention team, but Lowry probably wants to be the starting PG, so he probably wouldn't want to stay...
                            Noone is thinking Lowry offers a long term solution to anyone.
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              I don't get it? Didn't we already know this like a long time ago?

Comment

• 7 years is the limit. 2020 is the furthest any team can trade a pick this year.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X