Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SKD wrote: View Post
    It amazes me that you compile a list of the NBA teams that shows you just how many quality starting PG's in the league there are, and you want to move Lowry for something less than a starting PG. PG has the biggest learning curve of all the positions, the most recent rookies with Lillard and MCW don't fully get how to run a team, both have great talent, but are blessed to be in system's that help them a ton, and don't require them leading a team.

Lowry is everything everyone on these boards want in a PG. You guys are just greedy and see younger/potential PG's, and want them. The man is in shape and finally healthy now, playing excellent ball, personally I'd rather see them extend his contract.

You all lived through the Calderon era, now that you have a tenacious defensive PG, you want him gone. Baffling.
    At what price though? I'd be happy to resign Lowry for the right price, but I very much about that Lowry would like the price I feel is fair for the PG steering the worst offence in the league.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

It amazes me that you compile a list of the NBA teams that shows you just how many quality starting PG's in the league there are, and you want to move Lowry for something less than a starting PG. PG has the biggest learning curve of all the positions, the most recent rookies with Lillard and MCW don't fully get how to run a team, both have great talent, but are blessed to be in system's that help them a ton, and don't require them leading a team.

Lowry is everything everyone on these boards want in a PG. You guys are just greedy and see younger/potential PG's, and want them. The man is in shape and finally healthy now, playing excellent ball, personally I'd rather see them extend his contract.

You all lived through the Calderon era, now that you have a tenacious defensive PG, you want him gone. Baffling.
      He's a shoot-first PG with an expiring contract. From the past season and a quarter, I think his defense is a little overrated (yes, better than Calderon, but not much above average).

Personally, I prefer a pass-first PG, or at least one who's much better at the basics (ie: P&R).

Also, you have to factor in salary. Lowry is making $6.2M this season and will likely request a substantial raise. At what point does he become too expensive and not worth the contract?

I'd much rather trade Lowry for an asset now and look for a replacement in the draft or in free agency. If a full rebuild is in the works, the PG-of-the-future doesn't even necessarily need to be on the team next season, since the rebuild would likely be a 2-3 year process.

Comment

If I'm greedy, so be it.

But my days of settling or being happy to maybe have an average positional player starting are over.

TL came in and said he wants to win championships.
        MU came in and said he wants to win championships.
        My expectation is to start competing for championships.
        Championships are not being won in Lowry's prime (another 3-4 years)
        Lets start getting pieces that will contribute to championships later.

*and by the way, regarding the bold: Fear the contract year! It took until his 8th season to get in shape? Alarm bells ringing for anyone else? He is in line for his last big pay day.

Also, anyone who consistently blames others for his own mistakes (teammates or refs) is not a person I want leading my team on the court.

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
          Idk if this is under wrong subforum but whatever... This is a trade I posted in the other proper for um involving lowry if u are interested:
          Btw never gonna happen just throwing out there
          Trade with: OKC, Phoenix

Phoenix Aquires:

Kyle Lowry (TOR)
          Amir Johnson (TOR)
          Perry Jones (OKC)
          ?? Pick

OKC Aquires:
          Rudy Gay (TOR)
          Any PG of Choice (TOR) : Dec. 15th Trade
          ??Pick

TOR Aquires:
          Kendrick Perkins (OKC)
          Goran Dragic (PHO)
          Channing Frye (PHO)
          Thabo Sefalosha (OKC)
          Reggie Jackson (OKC)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
          So basically, we become the Phoenix ThunderRaps, an extremely mediocre with way too many average wing players.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
            lool allow Andrea he actually tries..kinda ...but ...he tries real hard xD
            This reminds me of NBA 2K when you accidentally control the wrong player and go up for a block 20 feet from the guy shooting lol
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              Lowry for schroeder!!!!!!
              lol Schroeder was sent to Dleague apparently
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                lol Schroeder was sent to Dleague apparently
                He hasn't been traded to toronto!

Comment

If the guy is in Dleague...can he be traded? How does it work? or is it the same?
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    If the guy is in Dleague...can he be traded? How does it work? or is it the same?
                    Same.

Comment

I can see a potential market for the Bulls -- but they value their late 1st rounders, so I doubt they would do this trade.

Chicago Bulls receive: Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Tyler Hansbrough & 2014 second round pick via NY from OKC

Toronto Raptors receive: Carlos Boozer, Tony Snell, Erik Murphy [or] Marquis Teague, Bulls' 2014 first round pick [or] 2014 first round pick via Charlotte (protected 1-12 in 2014, 1-12 in 2015, unprotected in 2016) & future 2nd round picks
                      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Honestly, I really like everything about Lowry. So I'll just state that from the get-go.

I'd actually love for him to get extended (he seems to be vastly underrated here) but I just don't know if its going to be worth the money he's going to demand (especially based on what he's done under Casey's helm) which means its very possible that he can/will walk and we get nothing from it. That's the biggest reason to move Lowry (that and moving Lowry is the easiest and fastest way for this team to tank).

If they can't get an idea of if they can keep Lowry, he NEEDS to be moved (and he can easily be used to help move a bad contract which is probably more important considering that very few teams are likely to give anything really valuable for what might turn out to be a rental).
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Lowry to Minnesota for Barea and two 2014 second round picks (NO and MIN)

Lowry to Minnesota for Shved, Muhammed, and NO 2014 2nd round pick

Lowry to Milwaukee for Ridnour, restrictions removed from Raps 2014 2nd round pick, and LAL 2014 2nd round pick

Lowry to Denver for Miller, Fournier, 2014 Portland 2nd round pick

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Lowry to Milwaukee for Ridnour, restrictions removed from Raps 2014 2nd round pick, and LAL 2014 2nd round pick

Milwaukee I can see having interest.

Denver though? They have Lawson, Miller and while not a natural PG, Nate as well. They'd have to think Lowry's a pretty huge upgrade at backup PG...which he isn't. He's faster, but he's not as good as Miller at running your offence, and Miller gives them a much needed veteran presence. And with Miller's size, they can play him defensively at SG with Nate as his bench running mate.

And I think Minny is also pretty set. Don't see how Lowry is a better fit behind Rubio than Barea, who gives them a nice scoring punch off the bench, and can play well beside Rubio (more of a SG than Lowry skillset-wise).

Have there been injuries I don't know about?

*Also, I can see both Denver and MInny having more interst in a wing than a PG. Gallinari's still out indefinitely. I think Minny likes Martin, but they could use a "get your own shot" type player...Barea might be the best (and only) option they have there.
                            Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Dec 8, 2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

You don't think Lowry's expiring contract can get us a first round pick ?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Milwaukee I can see having interest.

Denver though? They have Lawson, Miller and while not a natural PG, Nate as well. They'd have to think Lowry's a pretty huge upgrade at backup PG...which he isn't. He's faster, but he's not as good as Miller at running your offence, and Miller gives them a much needed veteran presence. And with Miller's size, they can play him defensively at SG with Nate as his bench running mate.

And I think Minny is also pretty set. Don't see how Lowry is a better fit behind Rubio than Barea, who gives them a nice scoring punch off the bench, and can play well beside Rubio (more of a SG than Lowry skillset-wise).

Have there been injuries I don't know about?

*Also, I can see both Denver and MInny having more interst in a wing than a PG. Gallinari's still out indefinitely. I think Minny likes Martin, but they could use a "get your own shot" type player...Barea might be the best (and only) option they have there.
                                Miller hasn't played great this year that is the idea there.

Lowry's best years were with Adelman in Houston and now he is Minny. Shved and Barea have been trade rumours for quite some time.

No, I don't see a 1st coming for Lowry.

Comment

Working...
                                X