Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If the Knicks pans out, I wonder if raps can flip Felton to Miami for Joel Anthony and Philly 2014 1st.

2014 first round draft pick to Miami
    Philadelphia's 1st round pick to Miami protected for selections 1-14 in 2014 or 1-14 in 2015; if Philadelphia has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Miami by 2015, then Philadelphia will instead convey its 2015 2nd round pick and 2016 2nd round pick to Miami [Miami-Philadelphia, 6/28/2012]

Gives HEAT more depth at PG and also protects them should chalmers leave this summer.

For raps 2 2nd round picks and cuts 2015-16 year off Felton's deal.

I'd shocked if Pat Riley paid anything for Felton. Felton is pretty awful at just about everything expected from a point guard, and has a huge ego.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• The Knicks will lose to the Celtics tonight and then the Hawks (at MSG) on Saturday night. Sunday morning is December 15, so all players are trade eligible. Deal is done before NFL kick-off, with the 2018 first rounder and Tim Hardaway Jr both included.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        I'd shocked if Pat Riley paid anything for Felton. Felton is pretty awful at just about everything expected from a point guard, and has a huge ego.
        Good point. Forgot about Riley's fitness standards and body fat.

However if there is a place where egos go to die it would be Miami

Comment

The Knicks will lose to the Celtics tonight and then the Hawks (at MSG) on Saturday night. Sunday morning is December 15, so all players are trade eligible. Deal is done before NFL kick-off, with the 2018 first rounder and Tim Hardaway Jr both included.
          I hope you're right.

Comment

The Knicks will lose to the Celtics tonight and then the Hawks (at MSG) on Saturday night. Sunday morning is December 15, so all players are trade eligible. Deal is done before NFL kick-off, with the 2018 first rounder and Tim Hardaway Jr both included.
            Oh and have Brooklyn win tonight at Detroit!

Comment

• I don't know if I'd want Shumpert, at least not long term. No denying the talent, I just am wary of the injury and the fact that the Knicks seem determined to trade him raises some questions (even if it's the Knicks).

Still, I'd take any deal including 2/3 of (Shumpert, Hardaway Jr, 2018 1st) without thinking twice, I feel.

Comment

Good point. Forgot about Riley's fitness standards and body fat.

However if there is a place where egos go to die it would be Miami
                Riley will probably wait for a buy-out guy from one of the late season deals (or MWP if he's included and bought out in the Lowry deal) because he knows he doesn't have to recruit guys, they all just show up at his door and ask to sign for the minimum.

I could see Felton going to GSW or LAL for a 2nd rounder though. That is likely all he is worth and even that is over-paying imo.

Comment

I hope you're right.
                  I feel reasonably confident (85%) that the Knicks will lose both of those games and I'm sure there will be a few texts sent to Dolan on Saturday night as the Knicks are booed off the court at MSG while losing to a talented Hawks team. Masai will start the convo after the game (or after the first half) and there's a good chance Dolan will be a few glasses deep by then.

Comment

• Not sure if this was posted, I checked the last couple pages of this thread and didn't see it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/dolan-blo....1546553#bmb=1

BOSTON — Within the span of 15 hours, the Knicks had reached a decision to acquire Toronto Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry before the trade was vetoed — at least for now — by Garden chairman James Dolan, the Daily News has learned.

According to a source familiar with the talks, Dolan had second thoughts about trading for Lowry and was also — what else? — enraged that details of the proposed deal had been leaked to the media.

According to several reports, the Knicks were prepared to trade Raymond Felton and Metta World Peace plus Iman Shumpert or Tim Hardaway Jr. or a 2018 first-round pick. The Raptors preferred the first-round pick, but Dolan — who negotiated the Carmelo Anthony trade with Raptors GM Masai Ujiri when Ujiri was with the Denver Nuggets — got cold feet about trading a future asset. That could open the door for the Brooklyn Nets to acquire Lowry instead.
                    Dolan pulled a Michael Jordan on us!
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                      ...Dolan pulled a Michael Jordan on us!
                      Going to be a lot more of that with Masai running things.

"Okay then Masai. Yeah...sure, sure, it looks like we can wrap this up by morning. (thinking to self - why is he so eager to get this done....I'm unloading garbage and he's backed the truck right up the the loading dock...wait a minute) Uh Masai...look something just came up. Yeah, looks like there might be a hitch. I'll have to get back to you. I've got to talk to the rest of the management team about something."

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        I don't know if I'd want Shumpert, at least not long term. No denying the talent, I just am wary of the injury and the fact that the Knicks seem determined to trade him raises some questions (even if it's the Knicks).

Still, I'd take any deal including 2/3 of (Shumpert, Hardaway Jr, 2018 1st) without thinking twice, I feel.
                        If it gets the deal done, then I don't mind taking Shump. I doubt he's in the Raps' long term plans.. he has some value and could be re-flipped for another prospect.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Going to be a lot more of that with Masai running things.

"Okay then Masai. Yeah...sure, sure, it looks like we can wrap this up by morning. (thinking to self - why is he so eager to get this done....I'm unloading garbage and he's backed the truck right up the the loading dock...wait a minute) Uh Masai...look something just came up. Yeah, looks like there might be a hitch. I'll have to get back to you. I've got to talk to the rest of the management team about something."
                          The thing is I don't really see it that way. These guys aren't idiots. As a fan we see a trade and we think one guy must be a moron but the reality is it just comes down to priorities of the management team. The problem in New York is they've got too many guys making decisions, and not all of them are necessarily on the same page. Woodson might be asking for one thing, and another guy might be thinking future, or another guy just worried about keeping them competitive. That's why Dolan had to step in and end it.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

• Melo needs to weigh in on the trade, and then it will be done. The Knicks can't even fathom the fall-out if Melo decides to leave as a free agent. If he pushes to bring in Lowry because he thinks they can still compete this year, then it will be party time for Masai and the Raptors.

Comment

• Shumpert, Hardaway AND 2 first rounders!

I believe in Masai!
                              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• People have to realize that these trades aren't really about "want" or "need". They are about losing as many games as possible this year so that the Raps have a shot at Wiggins/Parker/Randle/Exum. Any young players or picks the Raps get in the process are merely appetizers and desserts on the main course: losing as much as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X