Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primer wrote: View Post
    His season averages have him easily in the top 10 of PG's. It's not just his game last night, he has been playing great all year.
    I try not to fall in love with the numbers. He CHOSE to look off mot of the team the entire time his best buddy was on the squad with him. They sucked because of it, and key young guys lost out on development.

You can like him, certainly, but I don't, because I know a lot about basketball, and what he does as a team leader, or floor general is less than great, trust me.

If you had high level guys in all other 4 places, do you want him running your offence?

Lowry is an awesome back up for a guy like Chris Paul. If his ego wasn't so big, THAT would be what he had his agent looking at, thats the only way that guy see's a ring in his career.

Comment

Here's another potential trade destination.

Lowry to OKC for Perkins, Lamb, and their Dallas 2014 1st round pick (1-20 protected until 2018).

OKC has been openly shopping Lamb and wants back a new 6th man who can score. Enter Lowry. We also take on the rest of Perkins shit contract to sweeten the deal and have them send us a 1st round pick. The trade also works with Collison instead of Perkins, which would be much better considering the size of their contracts.
      OKC could also include their own 1st round pick (this year or future) instead of the Dallas pick. Maybe work in Hansbrough in exchange for a better pick.

OKC would never ever ever never ever trade draft picks... not just the Thunder but the entire city's economy is relying on their draft picks!

Comment

From Marc Stein:

New Raptors front-office boss Masai Ujiri has managed to trade away Andrea Bargnani and now Gay over the past six months to create financial flexibility going forward and -- with Toronto apparently determined to avoid any accidental success in the Atlantic Division -- is said to be happy to surrender veteran point guard Kyle Lowry next.

The priority in Toronto is clearly finishing as high as possible in the lottery with Canadian sensation Andrew Wiggins and several other top prospects expected to be available to teams picking at the top of the June draft. Lowry is in the final year of his contact at an affordable $6.2 million and believed to be eminently available because he's not part of Toronto's future plans.
        http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...t-done-dealing

Comment

Probably take Milwaukee off potential suitors.

So sad.

Zaza is now injured.

The universe is telling Kohl to tank.

Will he take the numerous and ongoing hints?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Probably take Milwaukee off potential suitors.

So sad.

Zaza is now injured.

The universe is telling Kohl to tank.

Will he take the numerous and ongoing hints?
            Dont give up so easy...maybe we can throw in Hayes to take Zaza's spot.

Comment

heh, fo rthis years first.
              he accepts, finished last, toronto second last.

Exum and wiggans.... or maybe Parker and that other stiff.

Comment

ESPN has listed Lowry as one of top-11 trade candidates, and discussed his potential landing spots... damn you Insider!!!

LINK: http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/.../post?id=19093

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  ESPN has listed Lowry as one of top-11 trade candidates, and discussed his potential landing spots... damn you Insider!!!

LINK: http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/.../post?id=19093
                  Someone find the contents of said article and post it here
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I still think Warriors are a great trading partner for a Kyle Lowry trade.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Here you go guys:

On Monday, ESPN Insider Kevin Pelton listed Toronto point guard Kyle Lowry among the 11 most interesting trade targets who could be available in the coming months. But is there a trade fit out there for the athletic veteran? Let's take a look.

Given the nature of Lowry's $6.21 million contract, which expires after this season, one can expect his suitors to consist of contending teams only; Lowry's value is that of an experienced veteran who can either provide depth or start for any team willing to sacrifice a future late-first-round pick for a push toward a championship this season.

The question then becomes whether there's a team out there who fits that description. Here are the two that could make the most sense:
                      Miami Heat: Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com reported last week that the Heat have started trade talks to get backcourt help, and there might not be a better target out there than Lowry. To pull off the deal, the Heat would have to send a higher salary back in return since they are over the cap, and a deal that would make the most sense is Joel Anthony and James Jones, along with a 2014 first-rounder. The only problem with that is Anthony is due $3.8 million next season, so the Raptors likely would push the Heat to include some cash in the deal (otherwise, Toronto's expenses go up $2.9 million next year in such a deal).
                      Indiana Pacers: C.J. Watson was signed to a two-year deal this past offseason to back up George Hill, so there isn't an enormous need to upgrade here. But if there is a place where the Pacers can improve, it's at point guard. According to 82games.com, it is currently the only position on Indiana with a negative net PER (minus-0.5). The problem is, the Pacers don't have a first-round pick in 2014 -- it was traded to Phoenix in the Luis Scola deal -- so any deal likely would require the Raptors to take on a couple contributors on multi-year deals, such as Chris Copeland and Watson, as well as a future first-rounder. Because of the Stepien rule, the Pacers would not be able to trade their 2015 pick, so it would have to be a 2016 pick at the earliest.

Two others to watch:
                      Golden State Warriors and Memphis Grizzlies: Both teams have trade exemptions large enough to add Lowry for a future first-round pick, without the requirement of sending any players back in return. That could be an attractive option for the Raptors. The problem is, the Warriors and Grizzlies are currently non-tax payers, and adding Lowry's salary would push them beyond the tax threshold.

"Being a taxpayer means paying the fine, opening yourself up to repeater taxes in future years and missing out on the tax refund check that goes out to all non taxpayers," notes ESPN Insider Amin Elhassan. "If you are Memphis or GS, doing this deal signifies you thinking Lowry is the missing piece to the puzzle that will surely boost your winning probability. Otherwise, you just paid more, lost a nice check and open yourself to more expenses down the line for a somewhat lateral move."

Comment

Here you go guys:
                        Thanks for posting Primer!

Indiana & Golden State were 2 of the teams I had listed as possible trade partners for Lowry in the OP, and I still think they make sense.

I don't agree with Memphis, as there are rumors they might look to be sellers at the deadline, given the injuries they're dealing with this season.

I hadn't thought about Miami, since they were rumored to be looking for SG help, but I could see Lowry fitting in really well there. Anthony & Jones & better of MIA/PHI 2014 1st round pick... that would certainly set the base-value for Lowry on the trade market (ie: late 1st and at least some expiring money). I'd be satisfied with that sort of return, but would use it as leverage to try and entice a team a little lower in the standings to match that type of offer.

Comment

Thanks for posting Primer!

Indiana & Golden State were 2 of the teams I had listed as possible trade partners for Lowry in the OP, and I still think they make sense.

I don't agree with Memphis, as there are rumors they might look to be sellers at the deadline, given the injuries they're dealing with this season.

I hadn't thought about Miami, since they were rumored to be looking for SG help, but I could see Lowry fitting in really well there. Anthony & Jones & better of MIA/PHI 2014 1st round pick... that would certainly set the base-value for Lowry on the trade market (ie: late 1st and at least some expiring money). I'd be satisfied with that sort of return, but would use it as leverage to try and entice a team a little lower in the standings to match that type of offer.
                          Miami was a destination I thought of. When you think of contenders (e.g. late 1st round picks) that could use help at PG they're the first team I think of. Your trade idea seems reasonable to me. Hopefully we get something like that in return for Lowry.

Comment

Playing around with ESPN's Trade Machine...

Miami
                            - Lowry --> Anthony & Jones & 2014 1st round pick (only if they get Philly's pick, but not sure if condition could work around that)

Golden State
                            - Lowry --> TPE (even taking back Douglass after the 15th would leave GS as a tax team)

Indiana
                            - Lowry & Fields/Salmons --> Granger & 1 or 2 2014 2nd rounds picks (IND & GS)

EDIT: just remembered Miami & GS can't trade their 1st round picks in 2014
                            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Dec 10, 2013, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Miami
                              - Lowry --> Anthony & Jones & 2014 1st round pick

Golden State
                              - Lowry --> TPE (even taking back Douglass after the 15th would leave GS as a tax team) & 1st round pick

Indiana
                              I LOVE the Indiana option. Granger may be done but who knows.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Miami
                                - Lowry --> Anthony & Jones & 2014 1st round pick

Golden State
                                - Lowry --> TPE (even taking back Douglass after the 15th would leave GS as a tax team) & 1st round pick

Indiana
                                Just a sidenote:

1.) Miami can't trade their 2014 first-rounder or their 2016 for that matter because Cleveland has their 2015 first-rounder.
                                2.) Golden State can't trade a first-rounder until 2018.
                                3.) Indiana traded their 2014 first-rounder when they got Luis Scola from Phoenix.

Comment

Working...
                                X