Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    Remember when Barnes was the consensus #1 draft pick and future franchise SF and fans of mediocre teams were clamoring to tank for him? Now some are talking about trading a mid-level PG with an expiring contract for him.
    Personally, I'd even be fine with Toronto including a pick of some sort with Lowry, to get Barnes. Perhaps the lower of their two 2016 1st round picks, their own and NY's, which would technically be the lowest of Toronto's, NY's and Denver's.

Comment

• Surprised that Orlando would be interested in Lowry since they appear to be in the tank. But if Orlando obliges I'd swap Lowry for Nelson and Denver's 2014 pick. Nelson only has $2M guaranteed for next year.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Surprised that Orlando would be interested in Lowry since they appear to be in the tank. But if Orlando obliges I'd swap Lowry for Nelson and Denver's 2014 pick. Nelson only has $2M guaranteed for next year.
        This particular rumor gotta be Bulonies....Why would Orlando get Lowry and fall out on a great draft class.. not to mention the fact he is gonna be leaving at the end of the season given than Orlando sucks and Lowry wants no part of a rebuilding team anymore.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
          This particular rumor gotta be Bulonies....Why would Orlando get Lowry and fall out on a great draft class.. not to mention the fact he is gonna be leaving at the end of the season given than Orlando sucks and Lowry wants no part of a rebuilding team anymore.
          Yeah, I don't believe that rumour either.. seems kind of odd that Orlando of all teams would be interested in him. Unless if they think he'll be their PG of the future. Lowry may not want to be part of a rebuilding team, but I'm sure he'd be happy with a nice paycheck and a starter's gig. Won't be a lot of competition for him in the off season since most teams have their PG already. And I'm sure Lowry would prefer to start than to come off the bench.

Comment

A first round pick is always a good thing.. especially if there are no protections.
            remember last time they traded Masai a pick that was "way too far in the future". It's looking like a steal for Denver at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Barnes has been really bad lately like Ross in the Summer League bad Im guessing its with his now smaller role in Golden State that is to blame for it, but ya he hasnt been that great hopefully it makes the Lowry trade easier.

Comment

• GS aren't trading Barnes
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• So Orlando is waiving Hedo.. not a surprise there but he's a guy that can play point for a lot of teams. And since he's going to be waived he'll be cheap. I could see NY or LAL taking a crack at him which can take away a potential destination for Lowry.

If MU is still considering moving him.. I hope he does it before the Big Turk hits the market again.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes.
                    Gay,Gay,Gay,Gay,Gay,Gay....wait, what?!

Comment

So Orlando is waiving Hedo.. not a surprise there but he's a guy that can play point for a lot of teams.
                      I don't mean to be rude, but that's a joke right.

Comment

So Orlando is waiving Hedo.. not a surprise there but he's a guy that can play point for a lot of teams. And since he's going to be waived he'll be cheap. I could see NY or LAL taking a crack at him which can take away a potential destination for Lowry.

If MU is still considering moving him.. I hope he does it before the Big Turk hits the market again.
                        Umm no just no.

Hedo might have some point guard skills offensively (not enough to play full time), but he cannot GUARD point guards at all meaning he can't play that position.

Comment

• Michel G wrote: View Post
                          I don't mean to be rude, but that's a joke right.
                          Not intended to be a joke, no. Hedo has been brutal since BC gave him that contract.. but he's a very good point forward. Orlando would not have been in the finals if it wasn't for him. My point is that he's going to be waived so a team like NY or Brooklyn who are cash strapped might take a flyer on a minimum deal so that he can play point for them in emergency situations. If they take a flyer on him this season they wouldn't need Lowry and give up an asset as well to obtain him.

Nosike wrote: View Post
                          Umm no just no.

Hedo might have some point guard skills offensively (not enough to play full time), but he cannot GUARD point guards at all meaning he can't play that position.
                          Who said anything about defense.. Use the 2-guard to cover the point on the other team. Shump for example is more than capable enough to cover the opposing team's PG if he went to NY for example. In GSW he'd be coming off the bench but I would assume someone like Iggy or Curry could handle the opposing PG on defense.

My point behind my post was that if Hedo was obtained by one of the teams that Lowry could potentially be destined for (NY, Brooklyn, GSW, LAL, etc) then that team may no longer need Lowry's services.

Comment

• No team interested in winning is going to sign Hedo.
                            Like, even to play his natural position.

Comment

• Shrub wrote: View Post
                              No team interested in winning is going to sign Hedo.
                              Like, even to play his natural position.
                              Lots of teams are desperate.

Comment

• Well I sincerely hope you're right.
                                Hedo running the point for the Knicks might be the funniest thing that's ever happened in basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X