Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
        Can't spell drake without DK. #donkeykong2016
        Can't spell Drake without ARK #IndianaJones2017

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
          Drake is Business, man.
          He's not a businessman, he's a business, MAN

Comment

Raptors were given the option of a fine, or to strip Drake of his title with the team? At least according to the Globe and Mail:

They also refused to address a key detail – that the NBA offered to drop the tampering fine if the team agreed to strip Drake of his title. The Raptors apparently refused.
            I think that little tidbit is crucial to how significant the Raptors view their relationship with Durant to be.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle20023910/
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

I hope drake is still relevant in 2 years.

Be a shame if he gets Ja Rule'ed or 50'ed

Comment

This fine is ridiculous. There is always some sort of collusion happening in the league yet nobody ever gets fined. The entire Love/Cavs thing for example is the story of the summer and Love is the property of a different team. How is this any different when JayZ throws out names in one of his songs as he's a minority owner of a team.

I wonder if this fine will make it more difficult for Drake to do what he was asked to do... which was try and attract top end talent to the Raptors? Would the Raptors get in sh!t if the league found out that Drake was talking to players that played for other teams off the record? I sure hope not.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  This fine is ridiculous. There is always some sort of collusion happening in the league yet nobody ever gets fined. The entire Love/Cavs thing for example is the story of the summer and Love is the property of a different team. How is this any different when JayZ throws out names in one of his songs as he's a minority owner of a team.

I wonder if this fine will make it more difficult for Drake to do what he was asked to do... which was try and attract top end talent to the Raptors? Would the Raptors get in sh!t if the league found out that Drake was talking to players that played for other teams off the record? I sure hope not.
                  I don't get it though.. I remember reading how Drake couldn't be fined because he wasn't on the payroll.. and the global ambassador title was just for media to see him with the Raptors.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                    I don't get it though.. I remember reading how Drake couldn't be fined because he wasn't on the payroll.. and the global ambassador title was just for media to see him with the Raptors.
                    I think he is on their payroll. I think it was a Globe article that said the Raptors had a choice of either paying the fine or dropping Drake.. that implies that MLSE is paying for his services.

*EDIT - it was to either pay the fine, or to drop his title.. so yeah not sure if they are paying him. I suspect they are.

Comment

I think he is on their payroll. I think it was a Globe article that said the Raptors had a choice of either paying the fine or dropping Drake.. that implies that MLSE is paying for his services.

*EDIT - it was to either pay the fine, or to drop his title.. so yeah not sure if they are paying him. I suspect they are.
                      I thought he was just getting his pay by OVO marketing w/ us.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                        I thought he was just getting his pay by OVO marketing w/ us.
                        That could be the case.. and if it was shouldn't the Raptors be challenging that fine? Makes no sense to me.

Comment

That could be the case.. and if it was shouldn't the Raptors be challenging that fine? Makes no sense to me.
                          Rule is, if anyone affiliated with the team makes tampering remarks or actions, the team is held liable. So although Drake is not an employee (he does not get paid by the team, for the record), he is affiliated with the team, since he holds the "Global Ambassador" title.

League laid down this tiny slap on the wrist fine (25k is nothing to MLSE) as a message - MLSE is indeed liable for comments Drake makes, so either reign him in, or cut him loose, or risk losing more than money next time around.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            Rule is, if anyone affiliated with the team makes tampering remarks or actions, the team is held liable. So although Drake is not an employee (he does not get paid by the team, for the record), he is affiliated with the team, since he holds the "Global Ambassador" title.

League laid down this tiny slap on the wrist fine (25k is nothing to MLSE) as a message - MLSE is indeed liable for comments Drake makes, so either reign him in, or cut him loose, or risk losing more than money next time around.
                            That could mean that off the record discussions with players could be frowned upon as well.. so if caught the league could further penalize the Raptors, no?

If that was the case then why hold on to his title? Wouldn't the smarter decision be to let him go? $25K is a small amount but what happens if the next fine is much larger (say a Joe Smith type of fine)?

Comment

That could mean that off the record discussions with players could be frowned upon as well.. so if caught the league could further penalize the Raptors, no?

If that was the case then why hold on to his title? Wouldn't the smarter decision be to let him go? $25K is a small amount but what happens if the next fine is much larger (say a Joe Smith type of fine)?
                              Could be it would be smarter to let him go. But I think the Raptors as an organization are trying to prove that they can play with the big boys of the league - the NYK's and LAL's who just do whatever they want and sort out the punishment later.

In theory private conversations can be punished as well, but they've never been before - too hard to prove. When you've got a youtube video of a concert though...
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I got it. Don't worry.
                                Worst Behaviour

Comment

Working...
                                X