Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

Thread: Does Demar deserve to be in the All-Star game?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Does Demar deserve to be in the All-Star game?

    Apart from last night's game, where he had 0 rebounds and 0 stls, i think so far, Demar deserves to be in the all-star game.

    What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think he's certainly in the discussion. Being on the Raptors though, we know for a fact that he won't be voted in by the fans, so it's up to the coaches to choose him.

    Sadly, Wade and Deron Williams should get a large chunk of fan votes (whether they statistically deserve it or not).

    Paul George is a lock (depending on whether he's listed as a guard).

    John Wall

    Jeff Teague's putting together a very solid season.

    Yup, DeMar's a definite possibility. We've never been able to say that before. Hooray for trade value!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  3. #3
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    3,946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If scoring points gets you to the game, then yes he should be there with him being 12th in the NBA in PPG. But overall, he doesn't deserve to be considered an all-star. Bottomline, he's a good player on a terrible team.

    Christ, give me some high-tops, a tank top and some nuthuggers and I could score 10 ppg for this team. Just sayin'.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,371
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh Bullshit, you wouldn't get passed 8pts and you know it.

  5. #5
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    3,946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Oh Bullshit, you wouldn't get passed 8pts and you know it.
    We're talking about me bra! Not you and your wonky hips.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post

    Christ, give me some high-tops, a tank top and some nuthuggers and I could score 10 ppg for this team. Just sayin'.
    Unless you are the real Dr. James Naismith, I'm going to ahead and call bs on this one right here.

  7. #7
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    3,946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Unless you are the real Dr. James Naismith, I'm going to ahead and call bs on this one right here.
    Apart of his offspring. I'm nearly 40 years old and I still can jump to touch the bottom of the mesh.

    *drops the mic*

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    If scoring points gets you to the game, then yes he should be there with him being 12th in the NBA in PPG. But overall, he doesn't deserve to be considered an all-star. Bottomline, he's a good player on a terrible team.

    Christ, give me some high-tops, a tank top and some nuthuggers and I could score 10 ppg for this team. Just sayin'.
    $50 says Gay wouldn't pass you the ball.
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    238
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    If scoring points gets you to the game, then yes he should be there with him being 12th in the NBA in PPG. But overall, he doesn't deserve to be considered an all-star. Bottomline, he's a good player on a terrible team.

    Christ, give me some high-tops, a tank top and some nuthuggers and I could score 10 ppg for this team. Just sayin'.
    Yea right bro. You think Rudy's gonna pass you the ball... Pshhhh


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Demar making the all star is just as possible and with just as much merit as the Raptors making the playoffs in the East. Shallow pools to draw from this year..

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He's definately in the running. If he keeps up the high percentage shooting % I think he'll probably take the coach vote.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He's definitley got a shot.

    This is a complete guess as to the starters but here's who I see:

    Irving
    Wade
    Lebron
    Melo
    Hibbert

    Reserve "locks":
    George
    Wall
    Horford
    Lopez
    Deng

    Then you've got the next level of guys like DD, Beal, Afflalo, Turner and Teague who should all be in consideration for those last two spots. DD has as good of a shot as any of them right now but a lot can change in 2+ months.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    He's definitley got a shot.

    This is a complete guess as to the starters but here's who I see:

    Irving
    Wade
    Lebron
    Melo
    Hibbert

    Reserve "locks":
    George
    Wall
    Horford
    Lopez
    Deng

    Then you've got the next level of guys like DD, Beal, Afflalo, Turner and Teague who should all be in consideration for those last two spots. DD has as good of a shot as any of them right now but a lot can change in 2+ months.
    I get your logic about having Wade as a starter (voting system), but I think George has reached a level that he can surpass even Wade in votes this year.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

    Twitter - @thekid_it

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I get your logic about having Wade as a starter (voting system), but I think George has reached a level that he can surpass even Wade in votes this year.
    Fair enough. Flip the two (make George the starter and Wade a lock as a reserve) and my point remains identical.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I get your logic about having Wade as a starter (voting system), but I think George has reached a level that he can surpass even Wade in votes this year.
    Even Kyrie.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I get your logic about having Wade as a starter (voting system), but I think George has reached a level that he can surpass even Wade in votes this year.
    The only thing going against Wade is he sits games due to preservation.

    I think, and this is just me, coaches usually pick players who stand out from their respective teams. Demar is definitely one of those. Compared to Teague who is playing good but Horford seems to stand out more in Atlanta. I may be wrong, but this is probably the only way that Demar gets into the ASG.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    The only thing going against Wade is he sits games due to preservation.

    I think, and this is just me, coaches usually pick players who stand out from their respective teams. Demar is definitely one of those. Compared to Teague who is playing good but Horford seems to stand out more in Atlanta. I may be wrong, but this is probably the only way that Demar gets into the ASG.
    In toss up situations, I think coaches give more weight to players on competitive teams.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I get your logic about having Wade as a starter (voting system), but I think George has reached a level that he can surpass even Wade in votes this year.
    George is on the ballot as forward. He should still be starting (over Melo) but that's unlikely.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    George is on the ballot as forward. He should still be starting (over Melo) but that's unlikely.
    On the other hand, maybe that's very likely? You don't have to pick a center anymore. LeBron, George, Melo as 3 forwards would make sense. The question is if voters will still pick a center out of habbit.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    On the other hand, maybe that's very likely? You don't have to pick a center anymore. LeBron, George, Melo as 3 forwards would make sense. The question is if voters will still pick a center out of habbit.
    This is possible, but I think in the end George, LBJ and Melo will have the most votes at the forward position so they'll be the starters.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •