Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Demar deserve to be in the All-Star game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    If scoring points gets you to the game, then yes he should be there with him being 12th in the NBA in PPG. But overall, he doesn't deserve to be considered an all-star. Bottomline, he's a good player on a terrible team.

Christ, give me some high-tops, a tank top and some nuthuggers and I could score 10 ppg for this team. Just sayin'.
    $50 says Gay wouldn't pass you the ball.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Too early to tell. If he can keep it up, he could slip in as a reserve. I think Lance Stephenson has a better chance at this point though (starting on the top team, coaches voting is less impressed by scoring) but lots can change.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

George Hill could also be considered. Indiana is having a heck of a season.. why not include all their starting 5?

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
          I get your logic about having Wade as a starter (voting system), but I think George has reached a level that he can surpass even Wade in votes this year.
          The only thing going against Wade is he sits games due to preservation.

I think, and this is just me, coaches usually pick players who stand out from their respective teams. Demar is definitely one of those. Compared to Teague who is playing good but Horford seems to stand out more in Atlanta. I may be wrong, but this is probably the only way that Demar gets into the ASG.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            George Hill could also be considered. Indiana is having a heck of a season.. why not include all their starting 5?
            Just like the Pistons in their 2000's heyday.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
              The only thing going against Wade is he sits games due to preservation.

I think, and this is just me, coaches usually pick players who stand out from their respective teams. Demar is definitely one of those. Compared to Teague who is playing good but Horford seems to stand out more in Atlanta. I may be wrong, but this is probably the only way that Demar gets into the ASG.
              In toss up situations, I think coaches give more weight to players on competitive teams.

Comment

Would love to see DD get into the All Star game, as a pay off for all his hard work, but he deseves to be there as much as Jamal Crawford does. Hopefully he can keep up the scoring and add improve a few other aspects to his game where he earns a spot next year.

Comment

demar deserves all star 10x as much as melo does

Comment

His in the running. That's a testament to his work ethic. He will be there one day. It's to early to write him off or say his in. His in the debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      I get your logic about having Wade as a starter (voting system), but I think George has reached a level that he can surpass even Wade in votes this year.
                      George is on the ballot as forward. He should still be starting (over Melo) but that's unlikely.

Comment

The East Ballot for guards has:
                        Afflalo
                        Ray Allen
                        Beal
                        Chalmers
                        DeRozan
                        Felton
                        Gerald Henderson
                        George Hill
                        Kyrie
                        Jennings
                        Joe Johnson
                        Lowry
                        Mayo
                        Oladipo
                        Rondo
                        Rose
                        JR Smith
                        Stephenson
                        Jeff Teague
                        Turner
                        Wade
                        Kemba Walker
                        John Wall
                        Deron Williams

Comment

Yes, as every year he has shown improvement in at least one of his weaknesses but with the way the team is playing no. He deserves it individually just as guys like Monta Ellis, Jamal Crawford, deserve it too. I thought him and Rudy Gay could be potential All Stars but by the way they've been playing, HELL NO. And since stupid Stern removed the Centre position, I doubt that JV will be an All Star.

Regarding George Hill being an All star, I consider him being the weak link on the Pacers' starting 5.

Comment

As to the topic, Wade, Wall, Teague, Afflalo. These are the 4 most deserving guards right now, IMO.

A lot can still change. I suspect Kyrie Irving will get a spot over one of these guys. DeMar might get a vote from a few coaches, but I don't think he'll seriously be in the running.

In the end, who cares. Because of injuries, trades and general East suckiness, this will be an extremely weak guard pool. There were years where Mo Williams and Jameer Nelson were All Stars in the East. This year will probably have a couple of such "all stars."

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                              George is on the ballot as forward. He should still be starting (over Melo) but that's unlikely.
                              On the other hand, maybe that's very likely? You don't have to pick a center anymore. LeBron, George, Melo as 3 forwards would make sense. The question is if voters will still pick a center out of habbit.

Comment

I wouldn't consider Demar an all-star at this point, but well on his way to possibly becoming one. Like others have pointed out, he may need to impact the game more beyond his scoring in order to attract the votes of the coaches.

Comment

Working...
                                X