Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does Demar deserve to be in the All-Star game?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    The only thing going against Wade is he sits games due to preservation.

I think, and this is just me, coaches usually pick players who stand out from their respective teams. Demar is definitely one of those. Compared to Teague who is playing good but Horford seems to stand out more in Atlanta. I may be wrong, but this is probably the only way that Demar gets into the ASG.
    In toss up situations, I think coaches give more weight to players on competitive teams.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Would love to see DD get into the All Star game, as a pay off for all his hard work, but he deseves to be there as much as Jamal Crawford does. Hopefully he can keep up the scoring and add improve a few other aspects to his game where he earns a spot next year.

Post Thanks / Like

demar deserves all star 10x as much as melo does

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

His in the running. That's a testament to his work ethic. He will be there one day. It's to early to write him off or say his in. His in the debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I get your logic about having Wade as a starter (voting system), but I think George has reached a level that he can surpass even Wade in votes this year.
    George is on the ballot as forward. He should still be starting (over Melo) but that's unlikely.

Post Thanks / Like

The East Ballot for guards has:
    Afflalo
    Ray Allen
    Beal
    Chalmers
    DeRozan
    Felton
    Gerald Henderson
    George Hill
    Kyrie
    Jennings
    Joe Johnson
    Lowry
    Mayo
    Oladipo
    Rondo
    Rose
    JR Smith
    Stephenson
    Jeff Teague
    Turner
    Wade
    Kemba Walker
    John Wall
    Deron Williams
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, as every year he has shown improvement in at least one of his weaknesses but with the way the team is playing no. He deserves it individually just as guys like Monta Ellis, Jamal Crawford, deserve it too. I thought him and Rudy Gay could be potential All Stars but by the way they've been playing, HELL NO. And since stupid Stern removed the Centre position, I doubt that JV will be an All Star.

Regarding George Hill being an All star, I consider him being the weak link on the Pacers' starting 5.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

As to the topic, Wade, Wall, Teague, Afflalo. These are the 4 most deserving guards right now, IMO.

A lot can still change. I suspect Kyrie Irving will get a spot over one of these guys. DeMar might get a vote from a few coaches, but I don't think he'll seriously be in the running.

In the end, who cares. Because of injuries, trades and general East suckiness, this will be an extremely weak guard pool. There were years where Mo Williams and Jameer Nelson were All Stars in the East. This year will probably have a couple of such "all stars."

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    George is on the ballot as forward. He should still be starting (over Melo) but that's unlikely.
    On the other hand, maybe that's very likely? You don't have to pick a center anymore. LeBron, George, Melo as 3 forwards would make sense. The question is if voters will still pick a center out of habbit.

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't consider Demar an all-star at this point, but well on his way to possibly becoming one. Like others have pointed out, he may need to impact the game more beyond his scoring in order to attract the votes of the coaches.

Raptors Republic All-Star FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Just like the Pistons in their 2000's heyday.
    Only 4 of them got picked, Prince was left out

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    Only 4 of them got picked, Prince was left out
    Only 4? No wonder they only won one title and made it to two finals.
    Dwane Casey says: Pound the Gay!!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Only 4? No wonder they only won one title and made it to two finals.
    Keon! You got 8 years son!

Behave we'll see you in 4!
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to break it to you people. As good as DD is playing right now, he's still an unknown in the NBA world.

Now, if he can continue to play like this and the Raps somehow puts on a winning streak and be above .500 by new year then maybe he'll get some recognition. But i doubt it. Unless he puts up all world numbers.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Keon! You got 8 years son!

Behave we'll see you in 4!
    It is a dark day in my camp. But I must repent.

16. Like Matt52 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Hate to break it to you people. As good as DD is playing right now, he's still an unknown in the NBA world.

Now, if he can continue to play like this and the Raps somehow puts on a winning streak and be above .500 by new year then maybe he'll get some recognition. But i doubt it. Unless he puts up all world numbers.
    Unknown? Didn't you see him on the ESPN NBA player rankings this year? He's right up there, there's only 103 players ahead of him! And that's not per 36 minutes, that's just fact.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Initially I thought you have to be kidding, Demar in the ASG?! But then I started looking for 4-5 EC guards that are having a better year. What a weak group to pick from. Lance, Afflalo and Wade easily are in ahead of Demar, as is Wall. Not sure how you would give Demar a spot ahead of Jordan Crawford either. Crawford is basically Demar plus a lot more rebounds, more assists and slightly better shooting. Best case for DD is his scoring bumps up a bit to near 23 ppg. No way they leave a top-10 PPG player off the all-star team, even though he isn't a top "all-around" guy, especially bc every candidate outside of Miami and Indy is a good player on a bad team.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he deserves to be in the conversation, definitely. I doubt he will be voted, but nevertheless, he deserves to have his name in the ballot. I wish he gets voted in as a reserve because his work ethic is ridiculous -- in a good way. He has polished his skills, developed moves & counters. He can slash, he has the mid-range, the post & now the 3 pointers & he gets to the free throw line. His handles are better, his awareness is better & his defense is NOT Bargnani-like as people make it out to be.

That's the Demar Derozan now. Four years ago, he could barely make mid-range jumpers. His only skills were slashing and jumping. That says a lot about his dedication to the game & having watched him improve over the course of his career, I'm really rooting for him to make it to the All-Star game.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    On the other hand, maybe that's very likely? You don't have to pick a center anymore. LeBron, George, Melo as 3 forwards would make sense. The question is if voters will still pick a center out of habbit.
    This is possible, but I think in the end George, LBJ and Melo will have the most votes at the forward position so they'll be the starters.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MrBlack wrote: View Post
    Initially I thought you have to be kidding, Demar in the ASG?! But then I started looking for 4-5 EC guards that are having a better year. What a weak group to pick from. Lance, Afflalo and Wade easily are in ahead of Demar, as is Wall. Not sure how you would give Demar a spot ahead of Jordan Crawford either. Crawford is basically Demar plus a lot more rebounds, more assists and slightly better shooting. Best case for DD is his scoring bumps up a bit to near 23 ppg. No way they leave a top-10 PPG player off the all-star team, even though he isn't a top "all-around" guy, especially bc every candidate outside of Miami and Indy is a good player on a bad team.
    Umm......

You have to be joking right? DeMar is definitely better than Jordan Crawford. He's averaging more assists because he's essentially playing point guard for Boston.

Thread Information