Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter To Masai Ujiri

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    To those thinking this letter is a waste of time....you're probably right.

But if there's even an outside chance this letter actually lands on Masai's lap, what's the harm? We waste countless hours posting junk on this forum just for shits & giggles. Why get so bent out of shape because 1 post is directed at someone important?
    You don't think the #TradeBargnani tweets were received by the Raptors last year? The boos?

While it might not be Masai, I can guarantee you there are people in MLSE/Raptors who matter who take interest in what fans are thinking. I don't know this for sure, it is speculation on my part. However, I remember one time Darryl Morey said the idea for a trade came off a blog/forum.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

2. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    While it might not be Masai, I can guarantee you there are people in MLSE/Raptors who matter who take interest in what fans are thinking. I don't know this for sure, it is speculation on my part. However, I remember one time Darryl Morey said the idea for a trade came off a blog/forum.
    I know for a fact that members of the MLSE do come read these forums. So you just never know what might come of this.

4. Like OldSkoolCool, Nilanka, Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Wait a minute, I thought Nilanka was someone important? Are you saying you are not Mr. Burns?!
    Me, not so much.

But Mr. Burns, definitely. He controls the sun blocking machine....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

6. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    I know for a fact that members of the MLSE do come read these forums. So you just never know what might come of this.
    Fingers crossed!
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    I'm guessing the only person who doesn't read these forums is Casey
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing the only person who doesn't read these forums is Casey
    And Gay. If he doesn't like what he sees on the stat sheet, he really wouldn't like what is said on here.
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

10. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, I guess it makes sense that a sense of grandeur goes hand in hand with a sense of entitlement. Masai sees what's happening with this team very well on his own, and has far more first hand knowledge of what exactly is going on behind the scenes. He doesn't need any "wisdom" from here or any other horde of rabid fans, and will do what he decides all on his own, WHEN he can. He said it was going to be a process, even if the solution is blowing it up. A couple of hundred fans thinking they can make a difference in his decisions of this process may give him a chuckle, but that's about it.

12. Like JawsGT, TheGloveinRapsUniform liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    lol, I guess it makes sense that a sense of grandeur goes hand in hand with a sense of entitlement. Masai sees what's happening with this team very well on his own, and has far more first hand knowledge of what exactly is going on behind the scenes. He doesn't need any "wisdom" from here or any other horde of rabid fans, and will do what he decides all on his own, WHEN he can. He said it was going to be a process, even if the solution is blowing it up. A couple of hundred fans thinking they can make a difference in his decisions of this process may give him a chuckle, but that's about it.
    Hey, I'll take that chuckle

14. Like p00ka, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I'll take that chuckle
    Masai could probably use one these days.
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

16. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As a self-confessed flip-flopper, although i also wont mind seeing this team in the playoffs as well, this actually got me worried a bit. According to Grange:

The team is 12th in the NBA in attendance and 15th by percentage of seats sold, but those are soft figures. They failed to sell out twice at the ACC with the Miami Heat in town. Announced crowds reflect tickets sold, but an eye test at Sunday’s loss to the Denver Nuggets suggested that fewer than 14,000 people used the 16,290 tickets sold. Television ratings have flat-lined as well.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...g-for-rebuild/

Im just worried if they tank and go on full rebuild, how long will it take? Paying fans (not us who go hardcore on forums) might get tired of the whole losing bit and eventually decide to keep their money in their pockets instead of paying for season tix.

Could a relocation come into play within the next 5-6 years? If they cant sell out games against the champs, how will the Raps manage to sell tix with a promise?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    As a self-confessed flip-flopper, although i also wont mind seeing this team in the playoffs as well, this actually got me worried a bit. According to Grange:

The team is 12th in the NBA in attendance and 15th by percentage of seats sold, but those are soft figures. They failed to sell out twice at the ACC with the Miami Heat in town. Announced crowds reflect tickets sold, but an eye test at Sunday’s loss to the Denver Nuggets suggested that fewer than 14,000 people used the 16,290 tickets sold. Television ratings have flat-lined as well.

Im just worried if they tank and go on full rebuild, how long will it take? Paying fans (not us who go hardcore on forums) might get tired of the whole losing bit and eventually decide to keep their money in their pockets instead of paying for season tix.

Could a relocation come into play within the next 5-6 years? If they cant sell out games against the champs, how will the Raps manage to sell tix with a promise?
    If we're not competitive in 6 years, then Lieweke and Masai will both be long fired. Don't think we'll get to that point.

But I don't think MLSE is too concerned about some extra empty seats over the next 2 years. They're still a ridiculously profitable organization. Once this team starts winning again (with a promision up-and-coming young core), the seats will fill up as well.

19. Like Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post

I'm thinking out loud here but:

Maybe fans can't get behind the current style of play?
    Maybe fans don't believe in the product currently on the floor?
    Maybe fans aren't invested in a team they know will be rebuilt within 2-3 seasons with nothing to show?

This is not a playoff team.

However:
    Maybe fans do get behind a rebuild where they have hope?
    Maybe fans do get behind a team that plays an exciting brand of basketball?
    Maybe fans do get behind a team that has a future?

Again, just thinking out loud and not attempting to belittle or condescend.

To answer your question on a relocation if they tank. I think if they build a winner, fans will come. Also, have the Blue Jays left yet? They are a long ways away from the 50k sellouts of the early '90s going on 20 years now.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

Masai read it! And he sent me a detailed and informational response.

Masai Ujiri

2:14 AM (8 hours ago)

to me
    Thanks for your email. We understand.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
    Although the rumors of him not sleeping seem to be true.
    Last edited by thead; Thu Dec 5th, 2013 at 11:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    masai read it! And he sent me detailed and informational response.

whooooooooooooooo!

Success!
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

Also we just broke 100 signatures, not bad for less than 24 hours, and my very limited ability to spam social media

Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    Informed decisions are made with as much information as possible.

If you don't think that a largely disgruntled fan base is important I respectfully disagree.

thead's forwarded reply from Masai might be just one of those smiling thank yous while inside he is saying, "Go F yourself." But at least the effort was made and those complaining are doing something about it. Again, you might not agree but that is cool. Continue crapping on those who want change and are prepared to do more than complain about it.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...e_at_noon.html

Doug Smith is about to do a noon hour chat. Anyone wanna help me get him to talk about the petition?

26. Like Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Masai read it! And he sent me a detailed and informational response.

You got to post it. It was an open letter so the responses has to be open too.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL. You guys are too much. Love the passion, but this thread is making me cringe a bit. Kind of reminds me of this.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    You got to post it. It was an open letter so the responses has to be open too.
    I did post it. Masai Ujiri

"2:14 AM (8 hours ago)

to me
    Thanks for your email. We understand.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network."

That's what he sent me

30. Like Bendit, Axel liked this post

Thread Information