Can we do this instead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
    Instead of making a petition to tank... Which all raptor fans are obviously not for... Can we come up with one to trade gay or fire casey, especially the latter because this is what more or less all of us want at this time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    A petition??
    What are we trying to get pizza pockets back on the cafeteria menu? If a GM listens to a petition he needs to have his ass fired on the spot.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Charlotte makes so much sense.

It allows MKG to develop his offensive game versus other teams second line.

Rudy opts out and leaves, you still have MKG.
      Rudy stays for his option, you still have MKG developing in his 3rd year at 21 years of age.

Question is the price. If Charlotte gives up that Detroit pick, I'm so in.
      I was thinking about Gay & 2014 2nd round pick for Gordon & 2 x 2014 1st round picks (being greedy, but there wouldn't be a huge spread between Portland's 1st round pick and Toronto's 2nd round pick). It allows Charlotte to keep their prospects while giving up one draft pick (and moving another pick back 5-10 spots).

Comment

Not all of us want to see the coach get fired !!!

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
          Feel free to start a 4th petition

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
            No one said you have to agree with everything posted on the forum.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Why fire Casey? He's the key to the tank-machine. Putting in someone more astute would result in wins. Stick with Casey for this year and dump him at the end of the year when there is a larger pool of available candidates (and please no retreads; someone bright and innovative please - Boston really got a great coach in Brad Stevens)

Comment

Can I create a petition that petitions fans not to petition our GM?

Comment

I love this discussion. It's basically what our MP's/MPP's do all day. It's like Canadian democracy in a nutshell. It's also why my taxes are so high but I can't get an appointment with my family doctor.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

There is a very good chance that Rudy will not be traded nor will Casey be fired.. But a tank/rebuild can still take place. How? Well you trade Lowry and boom tank begins.

I think MU's looking at Gay's contract and thinking if he opts out he'll have $17-19M in cap space next season to start a proper rebuild. If he opts in then he has an expiring contract to dangle in the summer when more teams will have cap space to take on his hefty contract.

As for Casey.. well he's a lame duck coach anyway. I don't see any circumstance that he comes back as head coach next season.. He might get fired but that's probably going to light a fire under the teams ass and create wins. Typically firing a coach mid season is to help spark change when the team is failing unexpectedly. However there are no expectations for the Raptors. I just don't see MU giving up on Casey because he's not giving JV/Ross minutes (even though that's changed since the beginning of the year).

I sense that MU is up to something but it will most likely involve Lowry and possibly bench players like Tyler (who coincidentally is starting now) or fringe players like DJ/Daye and Novak. I think DD and Gay will be safe until at least the summer.

Comment

Hell, just getting rid of that Gay contract and getting Biyombo would be sweet (even without the picks). Him and Valanciunas patrolling the paint would be a nightmare for teams in the east.

Comment

Working...
                      X