X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Rudy - Look at Beasley!!!

Craig had a good point in one of the other threads:

"If any of what you wrote was accurate;

1) Rudy Gay would have spent all summer with a professional trainer, he would have been in the gym with a shooting coach every day as well. He would be going the Lebron/Wade/Bosh route pf making a pact with his top guy [B]in order to try to become are frighteningly efficient as possible, no mater the hit on his stats[/B]."

This is absolutely true. You know who is doing this? Michael Beasley. Nice article on ESPN (Insider) about how Miami drafted Beasley to be a stretch 4 and initially developed him this way. Then he went elsewhere where he was futilely and frustratingly used as a 3. Now he's back in Miami and he's bought into what Lebron has been doing the past couple years. Per 36 he is one of the most efficient players in the league right now. He has cut back on the mid-range garbage and is being benched if his D isn't up to snuff. Instead of running the pick and roll he has been the screener - there's a Spolestra quote of Beasley being made to set 500 screens a day in practice.

Good article, Rudy Gay and Dwayne Casey should read it. Apologies, Insider costs next to nothing, if you want the article, pay the $1 a month or whatever it is.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...-beasley-miami

coastal wrote: View Post
    Apologies, Insider costs next to nothing, if you want the article, pay the $1 a month or whatever it is.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...-beasley-miami
    Thanks for that. Six months introductory offer for $1.50 a month. That will nicely carry me through the season for under $10.00.

Comment

No fan here of Rudy G. but it is not true that he did not work out this summer...

http://www.slamonline.com/online/the...ronto-raptors/

Personally I would not be surprised if his bulking up has not affected his shot and play in general. Going 20 lbs (guess) over his used to playing weight is probably not for everyone in the immediate. It takes time to adjust in all probability for most. I notice JV is not as advertised this year either in the mobility area... someone should check with the Raps player development coach on this hypothesis. regimen for the Raps.

Comment

whatever, he didnt look in shape to me, and getting fat isnt bulking up.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          No fan here of Rudy G. but it is not true that he did not work out this summer...

http://www.slamonline.com/online/the...ronto-raptors/

Personally I would not be surprised if his bulking up has not affected his shot and play in general. Going 20 lbs (guess) over his used to playing weight is probably not for everyone in the immediate. It takes time to adjust in all probability for most. I notice JV is not as advertised this year either in the mobility area... someone should check with the Raps player development coach on this hypothesis. regimen for the Raps.
          We have historically bad player development

Raps management needs to fix this if we are ever going to compete

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            We have historically bad player development

Raps management needs to fix this if we are ever going to compete
            I thought Alec McKechnie was brought in exactly for this purpose?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
              Ahh he is a physical trainer.

I was talking skill development, shot coaches, passing coaches, post coaches, ball-handelling, off court development, financial advisers, everything to teach the young guys the skills they need to succeed both on and off the court. Teaching the young guys to become great at their strengths first. I should have made that more clear, MB.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                His impact is felt by the high energy play in the fourth.

Comment

Maybe we should spend less time drafting players and spending years teaching them how to play, and draft players who KNOW how to play.

TANK ON!

Comment

Working...
                  X