View Poll Results: What changes do you want to make to this team?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Firesale, Total Rebuild - trade anyone and everyone and rebuild the entire roster

2 5.13%
  • Whoa big fella - firesale minus JV

13 33.33%
  • Coaching change - get us a new bench leader

17 43.59%
  • Trade Rudy - Moving Rudy alone will make this team better and free cap space

21 53.85%
  • Trade Lowry - we need a new PG to lead this team

18 46.15%
  • Trade Demar - our best scorer just isn't good enough to take this team over the hump

6 15.38%
  • Put Rudy on the bench - minimize his role and let him fire away from the bench

3 7.69%
  • Start Amir again - bring him back to the starting lineup and all will be well

4 10.26%
  • Cash in on other assets - trade guys like Amir, Tyler, Novak, Ross for assets that help the core

9 23.08%
  • Stand pat - do nothing, internal organic growth will make this team better

1 2.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: D-DAY 12-15-13 - TRADE DEADLINE RUMOR THREAD - The Because There Will Be Many Edition

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't see poll on my phone.

However goal for next year should be to treat the roster like the front office last summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Lowry would be perfect for them.
    Not all decisions are basketball related though - that's my only point.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Not all decisions are basketball related though - that's my only point.
    True.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Because they're one of the most poorly managed franchises ever.
    You are aware they're under brand new ownership, and brand new management, right? Of course you are. So what have these new people done poorly?

In any case, my disbelief comes primarily from this even going pages of discussion. It's of zero consequence now or in the future for the Raps.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    You are aware they're under brand new ownership, and brand new management, right? Of course you are. So what have these new people done poorly?
    I meant historically. Which can also make it a hard trend to break. FWIW, they also haven't done anything impressive either.

-McLemore fell into their lap.
    -Their big FA signing was Carl Landry (who's now injured, and plays a position they didn't need filled anyway)
    -Traded Evans for Vasquez
    -They traded picks away for Mbah a Moute in the summer, then a few months later traded him for Derrick Williams.
    -They invested a 4 year 61 million dollar contract in Cousins. Now, the numbers are arguably what he'd get paid no matter what, but does he seem like it's started to click yet mentally? Not really. He's a clown and probably not a guy you want as your franchise player.

These don't exactly scream brilliant management either. Most of their summer moves seemed to have focus on hoping to compete, and now they realize they'll suck and they want to shed some of the bad/pointless pieces they have. Seems like at least initially, they didn't really know what direction to go in, which also means they didn't evaluate the team very well.

Now not to love-in on Ujiri, but if you're unsure your team will compete and think there's a chance you'll need to discard players and accumulate assets, there are simple things you try to do, which Ujiri did. Try not to add any significant long-term money. Try not to give away youth/picks. They didn't do a great job with those.

And why sign Cousins to a costly extension? I'd happily wait til he's a restricted free agent, and see if another team is willing to max him out since he's such a headcase. There's no need to max him out so early. Can't see where the risk would be in waiting. He's restriced so you can match any offer. You already are prepared to max him out, so the offer won't matter. You just get another season to see if he really is worth that, because man, he still seems like he's nowhere near "getting it" despite his production.

Raptors Republic All-Star Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    Umm if you can trade Aaron Gray for Jimmer Fredette, you do it 10 times out of 10.

There's always the possibility that Jimmer could be a bit of a late bloomer in the NBA like Redick was.
    Agreed, but wait until you are 6-70 to pull the trigger

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Agreed, but wait until you are 6-70 to pull the trigger
    Wouldn't that be after the trade deadline?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Whether or in favour of tanking or not, it is clear that this team just isn't good enough to compete as is. With a new GM and a record that gets poorer by the game, something has got to give. What do you feel are the priorities going forward in order to build a competitive team, either for this season or future seasons?

Multiple choices can be made in the poll.
    Why isn't one of the options on the poll to get these guys a therapist? The talent is clearly there, but from what I've seen these guys just can't get it together mentally.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Green Maple Leaf wrote: View Post
    Why isn't one of the options on the poll to get these guys a therapist? The talent is clearly there, but from what I've seen these guys just can't get it together mentally.
    Do you use the same eye doctor as Gay?

Raptors Republic Starter mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently nothing about the rumour is true.

http://cowbellkingdom.com/2013/12/07...in-sacramento/

Raptors Republic Starter OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No he is right...Rudy Gay is extremely talented...he just is a head case...similar to Bargs

Damn Colangelo and his caliper test

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I would do Rudy and Tyler for G Munroe and prb stucky or CV to fill contract. But first would be to change coach. DD. JV are two good pieces to go fwd with. Whether its from the draft or trades.

13. Like aaron.in.toronto liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mike, prague wrote: View Post
    Apparently nothing about the rumour is true.

http://cowbellkingdom.com/2013/12/07...in-sacramento/
    internet,,,, rumours,,,,, clicks,,,,, 90% (guessing) of NBA rumours are made up shit to sucker people into clicking for hits,,,, and as some NBA.com writer (can't remember who) said 6-7 years ago, throw out some BS about The Raps and the hordes will come. It's a tried and true formula and every Tom Foolery, and Dick Head on the internet knows it by now.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a good idea for a guy getting started in journalism to promote bullshit trade rumors...

Post Thanks / Like

Default D-DAY 12-15-13 - TRADE DEADLINE RUMOR THREAD - The Because There Will Be Many Edition

Amalgamated Bitches

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    http://www.ibtimes.com/jimmer-fredet...hooter-1495956

Gray for Fredette? Why not? Gray sits on the bench anyways and we need more three point shooters, so what the hay? Do this or not, I don't really care...
    Gray would only be useful if we make a deep playoff run. We should not worry about that, should we?
    What is the worst case scenario as is? Jonas gets hurt & we may have to start Tyler or Acy at 5. I don't see a problem.
    Another angle. Gray is still a tall body (something playoff contenders don't mind having extra for playoff). Say Perk gets hurt before trade deadline?
    Last edited by Mapko; Sat Dec 7th, 2013 at 09:54 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Check this out guys! I believe this is all what we, Raptor fans have been dreaming about!!! Enjoy.
    http://youtu.be/T8jhnOf6zyI

PS. Watch the rest of his other MyGM videos. His last one so far (7th) is up until next season with the Raps turning it around.

Raptors Republic Starter mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah ... I believe I'd be willing to fire MU for him. If it'd work.

Post Thanks / Like

2. Can't imagine this is an absolute stance if Houston is really after the best trade it can find this month, but I'm told those rumbles you've heard about the Rockets preferring to ship Asik to the Eastern Conference are indeed true. For all of his offensive shortcomings, Asik is precisely the sort of defensive center who can really bother Howard one-on-one. Better, then, to send him somewhere Dwight would have to face the Turk as infrequently as possible. Atlanta and Milwaukee are thus two more teams to monitor, with the Rockets undoubtedly drawn to Paul Millsap and his cap-friendly contract -- though the reality is you can say the same about a ton of teams -- and what has been described to me as the strong possibility that the Bucks are about to get active on the trade front in the wake of such a poor start.

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...ik-trade-front
    Can't see Milwaukee wanting to pay $31M to 3 C's next year (Asik $15, Sanders $11, Zaza $5).

3rd team!

C'mon Toronto!

Get me some Antetokounmpo!
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Can't see Milwaukee wanting to pay $31M to 3 C's next year (Asik $15, Sanders $11, Zaza $5).

3rd team!

C'mon Toronto!

Get me some Antetokounmpo!
    The line that really jumped out to me from the Asik piece was this:

what has been described to me as the strong possibility that the Bucks are about to get active on the trade front in the wake of such a poor start.
    In relation to their poor start, I would have assumed this meant trading off veterans; but when used within an Asik trade column I can't help but feel that Milwaukee might still try to compete. Death, taxes, and Milwaukee compulsively needing to be a playoff team...the three most consistent things in life.

If that really is the case, Milwaukee could be buyers for guys like Lowry, and possibly Gay. And yes, I too would have 'Po as my first target from Milwaukee.

Thread Information