Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelson Mandela: The World Loses an Icon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Not at all Mamba. Fair question. Especially for someone your age.

Communism is the opposite of Capitalism (of which North America and much of the World exercises) in that, instead of being able to start your own business, and create your own wealth based on selling a product you deem required by the market, the government owns all businesses, and controls the sale of all goods within the country. Nobody owns anything really.

So while some things like Education and Health Care are controlled for and paid for by the Government (Cuba has the best education rate in the world) other things such as basic goods like TVs and Nice Sports Car's are a little harder to come by.

If you go to the Library and get the Communist Manifesto, it will shed a little light. Pretty short read too.
    Communism wasn't designed to be "Bad", it is an inherently 'good' system that has been corrupted by the Governments to take advantage of its weaknesses.

The problem with bringing it up with regards to Mandela, is that he was the President of South Africa for several years, and at no point did he turn it into a 'Communist' state.
    Communism is evil. It limits a persons freedom. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a fool and should take a look at what happened to people under communist rule. As far as equality for all under communism that's fucking bull shit. Communism is set up so that people that follow and support the leadership are HEAVILY rewarded while all the minions work for scraps. If the minions say anything they are jailed it's an evil evil form of government and the sooner people realize that the better.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Even if he didn't believe in Lenin and the like, it's still dangerous for capitalists to celebrate a person who was an iconic communist. It flies in the face of what we are as a society. Capitalism isn't perfect but I assure you his people were no more oppressed than those people in the Soviet Union or China or Cuba, etc. who he might seek assistance from.

Off topic: I'm around, not posting as much because i have no desire to watch or cheer for the Raptors again until they earn my attention (I've wasted enough time on them thank you). I spend my time waiting for opportunities to be controversial now.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
      Apollo you are 100% correct. I'd rather fail/succeed on my own terms rather than the terms of some communist leader. Anyone that supports communism today has a very very poor understanding of what it is and how it operates. There is no such thing as a benevolent dictator and there is nothing more valuable than individual liberty.
      Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
        Communism is evil. It limits a persons freedom. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a fool and should take a look at what happened to people under communist rule. As far as equality for all under communism that's fucking bull shit. Communism is set up so that people that follow and support the leadership are HEAVILY rewarded while all the minions work for scraps. If the minions say anything they are jailed it's an evil evil form of government and the sooner people realize that the better.
        I'm guessing you haven't read the Communist Manifesto ..? Once again, the way you describe Communism was NOT the way it was intented to be implemented. So to just lay out a blanket statement of "Communism is Evil" sounds a little ignorant ... but whatever.

Comment

Anyway, this is a thread about Nelson Mandela, not communism.
          Nelson Mandela was NOT a communist. Anyone who says otherwise is just buying into the Propaganda.

Comment

I'm guessing you haven't read the Communist Manifesto ..? Once again, the way you describe Communism was NOT the way it was intented to be implemented. So to just lay out a blanket statement of "Communism is Evil" sounds a little ignorant ... but whatever.
            You are so misled. I have family that fled a communist country and relatives That died fighting for freedom. You have no idea what you are talking about, my family knows first hand what communism is really about.
            Because its 2015

Comment

Anyway, this is a thread about Nelson Mandela, not communism.
              Nelson Mandela was NOT a communist. Anyone who says otherwise is just buying into the Propaganda.
              Wrong again, although I agree that Mandela did amazing things in South Africa and led by examples of peace and forgiveness he strongly condemned capitalism and his party was one of at the very least communist leanings. That not propaganda that's fact.
              Because its 2015

Comment

What is written in theory and what is reality dont always align. Communism in action is oppressive rule by fear, intimidation, violences, propaganda, intrusion of privacy, etc. It does not work and will never work for human nature will not allow it to work.

Commoners equally suffer. There's your equality in a communist state. There is no three class system in a communist state. There is only the poor(slaves in abundance) and the ruling class who live privilaged lives.

Comment

I also feel that a thread about Mandela naturally would lead to a discussion on communism. Its like talking about Wayne Gretzky with the expectation that hockey should not be discussed.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                    You are so misled. I have family that fled a communist country and relatives That died fighting for freedom. You have no idea what you are talking about, my family knows first hand what communism is really about.
                    Lol If you haven't read it then you can't say I have no idea what I'm talking about, as its quite the opposite, good sir.
                    I know full well what I'm talking about thank you very much. What Stalin turned it into is NOT what it was initially intended to be. I'm going to leave it at that.

Comment

I don't agree with everything Alex Jones says but this is an interesting take on it all that you won't get anywhere else:

Comment

You're referencing Alex Jones..? THE Alex Jones?

I won't go into that since I guess you know what referencing Alex Jones will do to your argument ...

And you're DAMN right Nelson Mandela "was no George Washington" ... George Washington was EXACTLY the type of person that Nelson Mandela was fighting.
                        George Washington was a Slave Owner his entire life, who killed and massacred the Native peoples of North America exactly as the Europeans were doing in SA.
                        Last edited by Joey; Wed Dec 11, 2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                          I know you all are gonna laugh at me for the rest of my life but what a communist and whats so bad bout them?
                          Here's my take: http://dmytri.info/communism

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Comment

You make a great distinction in your blog post Quirk: Democracy and Communism are NOT mutually exclusive. I think alot of people ignorantly associate Communism with Tyrannical Dictatorships.

Communism is a form of Economics.
                            Democracy is a form of Government.

Comment

If communism is so great why did/do so many people flee it for freedom. Why are cubans willing to risk their lives for freedom. Why do the Chinese do the same? What is so fucking great about have your life run by someone else. If you like being told what job you are going to work and what money you will make and what religion you will practice then fine. Get out of Canada. This is the land of the free not the oppressed.
                              Because its 2015

Comment

You make a great distinction in your blog post Quirk: Democracy and Communism are NOT mutually exclusive. I think alot of people ignorantly associate Communism with Tyrannical Dictatorships.

Communism is a form of Economics.
                                Democracy is a form of Government.
                                Wow, as if government and economics don't go hand in hand.
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X