Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The randomunrelatedthoughtvomit thread

Hey folks.

Thought it might be cool to have a place to toss out a thought or two on whatever is interesting you in the nba at the moment, but isn't really worthy of its own thread.

So:

- I am more curious about Detroit than any team at the moment
    - Trey Burke! Isn't it odd just how poorly he and MCW played in summer league?
    - For the first time in a long time I find the Lakers interesting. Really digging the loveable misfits vibe and curious to see how Kobe fits in.
    - I just looked at all the teams that won't make the playoffs in the West, and we really do need to abolish conferences.

Both divisions and conferences need to go. I've never even understood what the point of divisions is.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Yeah I am definitely enjoying the Lakers right now too. They score 104 points per game, but their leading scorer (Gasol) averages only 14 - its a good team for D'Antoni.

And Jodie Meeks feels really underrated to me. 47% from three.

Comment

Egg salad sandwiches. I can take 'em or leave 'em.

Comment

Are the Blazers for real?

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
            Are the Blazers for real?
            Yes.
            You know the strange thing about the Blazers - I thought they would be good last year.
            That wasn't even factoring Lillard into the equation.
            I think a lot of people did.

They underperformed and people kind of went to sleep on them, and now we think they are overperforming.

I don't think they're elite, but they think they're elite and that makes them dangerous.

Damian Lillard is definitely on the All-NBA-will-team.
            I'll be watching them play a lot this year just to see how gangster he gets.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
              Egg salad sandwiches. I can take 'em or leave 'em.
              Leave 'em.
              I need my sandwich to fight with me some.

Comment

I own an accordion but I choose not to play it.

Comment

The NBA standings are ridiculous. The longer I look at them the less sense they make. 11(!!!) teams in the West are playing .500 or above and both Memphis and the Lakers are 10-11 so .5 game away from .500... that's 13(!!!) teams.

I wrote this ridiculous email to a buddy of mine, I wasn't going to post it on the republic because it'll never happen but thought that this is the perfect thread for it...

Channeling my inner Bill Simmons of cool ideas that aren't going to happen... wouldn't it be cool if a team with a .500+ winning percentage but didn't make the playoffs in their own conference were allowed challenge a team in an opposing conference with a sub .500 record in a best of 3 mini series? If the team wins they take the place of the other team in the opposite conference. Example... Memphis is .500 if the playoffs started today they would be 11th in the West in miss the playoffs... BUT they could challenge Detroit for the 6th seed... and if they won would play Washington in the first round. Assuming they win they would then face Miami in the second round in an attempt to once and for all answer the question of small ball versus traditional bigs... EPIC!!!

There would be four potential challenges, including Boston, who should have to play the pacers in round one, but because of division leader status get to play Atlanta. Anyway, won't happen and of course there is the potential for 3 teams in the west to not make the playoffs but only 2 teams in the East in the playoffs with sub .500 records (I think that the highest ranked team in terms of win percentage would get to pick their match up first, followed by the second and down the line). Also issues of what happens to the draft pick (do they swap pick position if the lose?) and yeah, it's not going to happen... but something should be done about the disparity. Maybe change the conferences to north south? I mean in the age of privately chartered jets is it really that much different going from Toronto to Portland as opposed to Toronto to Miami?

Anyway, regardless of division/conference changes the raps need to tank.

I wrote this a few days ago which is why it doesn't reflect todays standings, but the idea is the same.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

There are certain things you only ever get to say a few times in your life... sometimes never more than once... this is one of those times...

Z-Bo, what a classy mother fucker.

http://beta.thescore.com/news/380243

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                      There are certain things you only ever get to say a few times in your life... sometimes never more than once... this is one of those times...

that...that...that was so sweet <3<3<3<3
                      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post

You know a few years ago, before Zebo came to Memphis. That was the last thing you would expect from him. wtf happened to this guy? Did he find god or something?
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Suns

Apparently Phoenix is shopping their 2014 picks for a proven star... What the hell is wrong with them?

And on a completely unrelated note, I wish Derozan was considered a proven star

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                            Apparently Phoenix is shopping their 2014 picks for a proven star... What the hell is wrong with them?

And on a completely unrelated note, I wish Derozan was considered a proven star
                            Haha really?
                            I would do the same if I was them.
                            They're not shopping ALL of them.

Comment

trailblazers vs the heat in the finals

Comment

Working...
                              X