Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 178

Thread: Valanciunas is a headcase

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Starter peanutwoozle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    At least he didn't throw a mouthpiece at the ref.

    He is frustrated because he cares.
    He cares he is a part of a team that plays selfish and shows little desire to change, in my opinion.
    so where does Jonas sign in 2016?

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am very concerned with JV's development, as a player and individual. Casey cleary has not clue how to develop JV. He was a stellar prospect in all ways a couple of years ago, and now his future trajectory could go either way. Cut Casey loose.

  3. #63
    Raptors Republic Starter S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    856
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This thread is a good ol' fashioned trollapalooza. It's pretty well established that OP Nosike:
    - Is big on DD and the lack of support/respect DeMar gets drives him nuts
    - He takes out that frustration on JV, who gets all the fan support for, according to him, no good reason

    This two birds with one stone thread takes a shot at JV and is looking to pick a fight with his biggest supporters.

    Don't fall for the troll job. Watch the full vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_PpX...e_gdata_player) - definitely an "Everybody off me!" follow through after a lot of contact on a drive to the basket. Not a smart play (the elbow swing was excessive), but he was nowhere near making contact with anybody. He wasn't going after Plumlee at all. He was following through, shaking off contact, and then turning back up the court. If that play makes JV a headcase thug, then Tyler Hansbrough's the Emperor of All Thugs - he's made a career out of swinging elbows and flailing about under the basket, and he actually makes contact with his elbows on a very regular basis.

  4. #64
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    so where does Jonas sign in 2016?
    Where ever the Raptors decide.

    Restricted free agency gives the raptors the leverage and choice.

    This is why they need to trade away pieces for as many rookie contract or picks as possible.

    Collect assets, hoard cap space.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  5. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
  6. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    This thread is a good ol' fashioned trollapalooza. It's pretty well established that OP Nosike:
    - Is big on DD and the lack of support/respect DeMar gets drives him nuts
    - He takes out that frustration on JV, who gets all the fan support for, according to him, no good reason

    This two birds with one stone thread takes a shot at JV and is looking to pick a fight with his biggest supporters.

    Don't fall for the troll job. Watch the full vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_PpX...e_gdata_player) - definitely an "Everybody off me!" follow through after a lot of contact on a drive to the basket. Not a smart play (the elbow swing was excessive), but he was nowhere near making contact with anybody. He wasn't going after Plumlee at all. He was following through, shaking off contact, and then turning back up the court. If that play makes JV a headcase thug, then Tyler Hansbrough's the Emperor of All Thugs - he's made a career out of swinging elbows and flailing about under the basket, and he actually makes contact with his elbows on a very regular basis.
    Yup I'm only doing this because I'm trying to deflect hate from DeRozan. Even though I like Val just as much as a player.

    Btw that video only makes it worse. Not only did he take a swing at Plumlee, he stared him down then elbowed Morris in the chest after.

    Not acceptable.

  7. #66
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    Yup I'm only doing this because I'm trying to deflect hate from DeRozan. Even though I like Val just as much as a player.

    Btw that video only makes it worse. Not only did he take a swing at Plumlee, he stared him down then elbowed Morris in the chest after.

    Not acceptable.
    I just want to point out that Morris actually did elbow Landry Fields later on (might have been before). Jonas wasn't trying to hurt anyone, watch the play from the beginning, Plumbee initiated contact on the dunk and was holding him, JV was trying to get him off of him after the play. He was a little aggressive in doing it, but there was nothing exceptionally dirty on that play that we don't see almost nightly from our good friend, psycho T.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  8. #67
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,898
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    At least he didn't throw a mouthpiece at the ref.

    He is frustrated because he cares.
    He cares he is a part of a team that plays selfish and shows little desire to change, in my opinion.
    The fact that he cares is an asset most on this team don't have.

  9. #68
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    I just want to point out that Morris actually did elbow Landry Fields later on (might have been before). Jonas wasn't trying to hurt anyone, watch the play from the beginning, Plumbee initiated contact on the dunk and was holding him, JV was trying to get him off of him after the play. He was a little aggressive in doing it, but there was nothing exceptionally dirty on that play that we don't see almost nightly from our good friend, psycho T.
    Was it Morris who also elbowed Novak when being guarded by him? That was a pretty dirty play if I remember correctly. Novak was just bodying up in the post and the guy swung his elbows through hard right at his face.

  10. #69
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Was it Morris who also elbowed Novak when being guarded by him? That was a pretty dirty play if I remember correctly. Novak was just bodying up in the post and the guy swung his elbows through hard right at his face.
    It was Novak, thanks. I actually didn't think it was that dirty though, that's actually pretty standard when someone smothers you in the post. I remember people used to want Bosh to do it to Garnett.

    People need to not worry about elbows so much, basketball is a physical game and there is a time and place for elbows.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  11. #70
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They've got the whole play on the front page. Plumbee comes down on top of Val so Val swings. Nothing weird about that.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  12. #71
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    It was Novak, thanks. I actually didn't think it was that dirty though, that's actually pretty standard when someone smothers you in the post. I remember people used to want Bosh to do it to Garnett.

    People need to not worry about elbows so much, basketball is a physical game and there is a time and place for elbows.
    I just meant that if "dirty" implies intent (possibly malicious) to make contact and actually hit the guy....then that play on Novak was pretty dirty compared to the missed elbow JV threw, which was for similar reasons (ie to get a guy off him). Seem to remember Morris making contact with both elbows hitting Novak squarely in the face, and it was obviously intentional. It is a pretty standard basketball play like you say, but still not one guys use a lot if they don't have to because there's always a risk of it being a tech or ejection (Morris just got a normal foul for it I think).

    Jonas didn't look like he was really trying to hit the guy, but his gesture was very emphatic, probably also helped by the energy rush of finishing a tough play dunking through contact.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Dec 7th, 2013 at 03:20 PM.

  13. #72
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    657
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    Yup I'm only doing this because I'm trying to deflect hate from DeRozan. Even though I like Val just as much as a player.

    Btw that video only makes it worse. Not only did he take a swing at Plumlee, he stared him down then elbowed Morris in the chest after.

    Not acceptable.
    You should get yourself more involved with a curling forums buddy.... this is basketball... physical game

  14. Like Sig, S.R. liked this post
  15. #73
    Raptors Republic Rookie RobertArchibald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    Yup I'm only doing this because I'm trying to deflect hate from DeRozan. Even though I like Val just as much as a player.

    Btw that video only makes it worse. Not only did he take a swing at Plumlee, he stared him down then elbowed Morris in the chest after.

    Not acceptable.
    No offense, but you sound like a guy describing pickup basketball at the Y. In which case, yes, this guy shouldn't be allowed to show up on Wednesday nights with the boys anymore. This is an NBA basketball game. He did not make any contact and was shaking guys off of him. Shaq used to do this kind of stuff all the time because he was fed up with the constant physicality used against him. Calling for a 5 game suspension is ridiculous. I'm glad he reacted this way. It's been too long since we had any player show any sign of passion other than a complaint to a ref. Don't see any suspension coming here. Nor should there be one.
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

    @clericalbeats

  16. #74
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Medicine Hat, AB
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This thread is ridiculous. JV got assaulted the whole move to the basket, and after the dunk was trying to shed Plumlee off of him. It was a "get off me"/"and 1" not an elbow. Physical player frustrated with the game, his role, and the team showing some aggression. Nothing to see here folks. Move along

  17. #75
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  18. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
  19. #76
    Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
    No offense, but you sound like a guy describing pickup basketball at the Y. In which case, yes, this guy shouldn't be allowed to show up on Wednesday nights with the boys anymore. This is an NBA basketball game. He did not make any contact and was shaking guys off of him. Shaq used to do this kind of stuff all the time because he was fed up with the constant physicality used against him. Calling for a 5 game suspension is ridiculous. I'm glad he reacted this way. It's been too long since we had any player show any sign of passion other than a complaint to a ref. Don't see any suspension coming here. Nor should there be one.
    This kind of shit happens at pick-up all the time. Cooler heads usually prevail. Water under the bridge.

    Why is this even a thread?

  20. #77
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    looool

  21. #78
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nominating this for Troll Thread of the Year.

    Never have seen a thread on a fan forum calling for a player on his team to be suspended for 5 games. Sounds like OP has issues with Val.

  22. Like Sig, mcHAPPY liked this post
  23. #79
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,284
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    I am very concerned with JV's development, as a player and individual. Casey cleary has not clue how to develop JV. He was a stellar prospect in all ways a couple of years ago, and now his future trajectory could go either way. Cut Casey loose.
    To be honest i'm tired of talking about Casey. The guy is just a bad coach.

    I thought coming into the game that Phoenix is a game that JV would dominate inside because Phoenix dont have any C. He didn't dominate, but he had a double double after 3Q. And i thought he was playing very well. But for some reason like i've seen so many times this year and last year, JV didn't play at all in the 4th.

    Casey started matching up against the Suns run and gun style and AS ALWAYS they got burned.

    Raps had a big advantage inside but they didn't utilize it.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  24. Like white men can't jump liked this post
  25. #80
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    To be honest i'm tired of talking about Casey. The guy is just a bad coach.

    I thought coming into the game that Phoenix is a game that JV would dominate inside because Phoenix dont have any C. He didn't dominate, but he had a double double after 3Q. And i thought he was playing very well. But for some reason like i've seen so many times this year and last year, JV didn't play at all in the 4th.

    Casey started matching up against the Suns run and gun style and AS ALWAYS they got burned.

    Raps had a big advantage inside but they didn't utilize it.
    Don't forget that after the game Casey complained about the lack of physicality and toughness, and how it hurt them, especially on the glass.

    Yet he sat Jonas, his toughest player and best rebounder, in favour of Steve Novak for most of the 4th. I mean, does Casey not even know how to follow his own instincts then? Just, wtf....

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •