Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Valanciunas is a headcase

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

*sigh* by no means does it label Valanciunas a headcase... It was a bad move, but it was one of those "get off me" flails.

A head case is someone who will bring down his teammates, that right there in my books, is toughness. I love his emotion, intensity, and quite frankly, there aren't enough pissed guys on this team who want it more. I'm tired of seeing DeRozan, JV, and Lowry being the only ones who look and play frustrated.

Again, if the league decides to suspend and fine him, I won't be surprised. If the league decides to give him a slap on the hand, or do nothing at all, I also won't be surprised.

2. Like rocwell liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    didn't make a fist
    He was going for the elbow strike. You never hit someone that hard with your fist. You could break fingers.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That was not a thug move at all. I'd probably be just as pissed if i had a coach that couldn't coach a rock to not move and teammates that have no idea how to play as a team. Its embarrassing and he deserves way better

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are soft.

Period.
    Thank you.

This was also bang on.

Don't fall for the troll job. Watch the full vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_PpX...e_gdata_player) - definitely an "Everybody off me!" follow through after a lot of contact on a drive to the basket. Not a smart play (the elbow swing was excessive), but he was nowhere near making contact with anybody. He wasn't going after Plumlee at all. He was following through, shaking off contact, and then turning back up the court. If that play makes JV a headcase thug, then Tyler Hansbrough's the Emperor of All Thugs - he's made a career out of swinging elbows and flailing about under the basket, and he actually makes contact with his elbows on a very regular basis.

Honestly all this was.. was a "Get off me" elbow flail, pretty sure JV even knew he wasn't gonna make contact. If you get the ENTIRE play in a GIF you will see that both defenders were draped all over him, no foul was called he completed the dunk and basically in the same motion whipped his elbow out and flailed his arm to get dude off him. If it was a punch he would've thrown it in his direction and most likely landed without issue.

Our fanbase clearly is as soft as our team's label

Did no one see the double elbow Morris gave Novak??!?! .. oh also the Shoulder strike that channing laid on hansborough to sprain it!?!? THIS SPORT DOES HAVE CONTACT.
    Last edited by C-Low; Sat Dec 7th, 2013 at 05:00 PM.

6. Like Ambidextrious, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

While it certainly seems JV came close to hitting Plumlee I dont know if one can be conclusive about his intentions. Haven't we wanted a tough-take no-nonsense" presence in the Centre. I certainly dont want him to be a dirty player but if nothing else he is so far projecting a toughness that he is not going to be pushed around. If we want him to be a leader on this team for the next few years then he cannot back down. I did not see much of the game to notice what else happened between the two.

Did we not all scream at Bargs getting owned by Garnett and others so many years? Give JV the benefit of the doubt...he'll learn the limits...cant allow a Plumlee to beatup on him without pushback. Maybe he should get a game and let the L take notice.

ps....seems Bargs has just got around to talking smack to KG in Thurs. game...and got ejected for his efforts.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My fav post is the one which advocates bringing back the Oak tree to set Jonas straight...

Oakley: "Good job Jonas. It's important to establish dominance so those (homophobic remark) learn not to (expletive) with you. My only advice is that you could have had your elbow come closer to his face so he knew you were serious. Oh, and then on defense whisper into his ear, 'Your my little sweet (female dog) ain't ya?'. That's how you do it."

9. Like .40 Cal Flakes, S.R. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    My fav post is the one which advocates bringing back the Oak tree to set Jonas straight...

Oakley: "Good job Jonas. It's important to establish dominance so those (homophobic remark) learn not to (expletive) with you. My only advice is that you could have had your elbow come closer to his face so he knew you were serious. Oh, and then on defense whisper into his ear, 'Your my little sweet (female dog) ain't ya?'. That's how you do it."
    Seriously.

Too funny,

I am guessing most of the people complaining started following nba ball after the late 90s when hand checking was abolished.

What a collective group of wimps society has become.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry gents I am going to retract some of my comments. This clearly shows the frustration our young guys are having, being built up all off season to only have a training camp together, who was it that said that anyway.

Entirely not the case, but as from what everyone can see after watching this clearly frustration maybe a little over done but still out of frustration. This just begs me to question having a good vet around. We have none, we need a guy to put all of them in their place. A KG attitude would help significantly with all the young guys. I know we need to build but we have to have the presence in our locker room. Its obvious casey doesn't have the balls to bench someone so that's where the vet steps in and lets the young guys know.

Remember KG had big baby crying when he blasted him, and then he realised his full potential and started to flourish they went on to win

I know we need young talent but more importantly we need the vet to instill the philosophy. Where is Jamal M. when we need him ???? this would help everyone significantly from the top down.

Post Thanks / Like

Can I close this thread now?

13. Like CalgaryRapsFan, S.R. liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So many fake tough guys in this thread.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

im tough.

(I think its time to close it!)
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    So many fake tough guys in this thread.
    I haven't seen any tough guys here. You should stop insulting other members of this forum. Fake, not fake, we're just trying to discuss about your started topic.

-----

Basketball already has "no contact" sport reputation - It's so messed up and not true. Everyone who actually played basketball know how you body feels after 30mins+ on the court. ( especially those guys who play in 4/5 spots, it's no fun!). There's a lot of contact, lot of emotions. Everyone wants to win - no matter what. Elbows, punches, "get off me" moves happen all the time during competitive pick up game. If you ever played pick up game with real guys you know what I'm talking about. There's no need to call JV headcase for few elbows and get off me move - stuff like this happens..( especially when you play for the team like Raptors.)

17. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't care at all about his temper. It's actually refreshing after watching Barg for 7 years

19. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Headcase is a stretch. Headcase would mean he's going after guys because it's part of what they regularly contribute. This is just out of frustration. If it's only a one time thing, then it's no biggie.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

really op??? I respect seeing that type of ferocity and emotion from val. This is a mans league no room for boys. If you dont like it take a hike or go watch some curling

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol I'm just gonna come clean here.

I used the word "headcase" so that more people would post in the thread.

And lesbianist, it worked.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

stop trolling and get a life or something

24. Like C-Low liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This macho nonsense is just embarrassing. Hitting people = real men!!! No contact is for little boys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like

If I was casey I would have sat him for most of the 4th quarter.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry guys, but I will do whats really unlikely from ME. Fck you all, who thinks it's his problem... It's a problem of this fcked up team, with no chemistry whatsoever, he's frustrated, here you can clearly see this. I've been following this player for four years already and his main trait was humbliness and self control, throughout his shor career, it's not him. Just trade this player, as I see he's going to become the next scapegoat in this franchise I mean, damn, you were complaining about soft euros, now you got tough euro, what's the effing problem with you...
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Sat Dec 7th, 2013 at 08:34 PM.
    #FREE

28. Like Dino4life, Puffer, mcHAPPY, Ambidextrious liked this post
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information