Valanciunas is a headcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    At least he didn't throw a mouthpiece at the ref.

He is frustrated because he cares.
    He cares he is a part of a team that plays selfish and shows little desire to change, in my opinion.
    so where does Jonas sign in 2016?

Comment

I am very concerned with JV's development, as a player and individual. Casey cleary has not clue how to develop JV. He was a stellar prospect in all ways a couple of years ago, and now his future trajectory could go either way. Cut Casey loose.

Comment

This thread is a good ol' fashioned trollapalooza. It's pretty well established that OP Nosike:
        - Is big on DD and the lack of support/respect DeMar gets drives him nuts
        - He takes out that frustration on JV, who gets all the fan support for, according to him, no good reason

This two birds with one stone thread takes a shot at JV and is looking to pick a fight with his biggest supporters.

Don't fall for the troll job. Watch the full vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_PpX...e_gdata_player) - definitely an "Everybody off me!" follow through after a lot of contact on a drive to the basket. Not a smart play (the elbow swing was excessive), but he was nowhere near making contact with anybody. He wasn't going after Plumlee at all. He was following through, shaking off contact, and then turning back up the court. If that play makes JV a headcase thug, then Tyler Hansbrough's the Emperor of All Thugs - he's made a career out of swinging elbows and flailing about under the basket, and he actually makes contact with his elbows on a very regular basis.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
          so where does Jonas sign in 2016?
          Where ever the Raptors decide.

Restricted free agency gives the raptors the leverage and choice.

This is why they need to trade away pieces for as many rookie contract or picks as possible.

Collect assets, hoard cap space.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
            This thread is a good ol' fashioned trollapalooza. It's pretty well established that OP Nosike:
            - Is big on DD and the lack of support/respect DeMar gets drives him nuts
            - He takes out that frustration on JV, who gets all the fan support for, according to him, no good reason

This two birds with one stone thread takes a shot at JV and is looking to pick a fight with his biggest supporters.

Don't fall for the troll job. Watch the full vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_PpX...e_gdata_player) - definitely an "Everybody off me!" follow through after a lot of contact on a drive to the basket. Not a smart play (the elbow swing was excessive), but he was nowhere near making contact with anybody. He wasn't going after Plumlee at all. He was following through, shaking off contact, and then turning back up the court. If that play makes JV a headcase thug, then Tyler Hansbrough's the Emperor of All Thugs - he's made a career out of swinging elbows and flailing about under the basket, and he actually makes contact with his elbows on a very regular basis.
            Yup I'm only doing this because I'm trying to deflect hate from DeRozan. Even though I like Val just as much as a player.

Btw that video only makes it worse. Not only did he take a swing at Plumlee, he stared him down then elbowed Morris in the chest after.

Not acceptable.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
              Yup I'm only doing this because I'm trying to deflect hate from DeRozan. Even though I like Val just as much as a player.

Btw that video only makes it worse. Not only did he take a swing at Plumlee, he stared him down then elbowed Morris in the chest after.

Not acceptable.
              I just want to point out that Morris actually did elbow Landry Fields later on (might have been before). Jonas wasn't trying to hurt anyone, watch the play from the beginning, Plumbee initiated contact on the dunk and was holding him, JV was trying to get him off of him after the play. He was a little aggressive in doing it, but there was nothing exceptionally dirty on that play that we don't see almost nightly from our good friend, psycho T.
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                At least he didn't throw a mouthpiece at the ref.

He is frustrated because he cares.
                He cares he is a part of a team that plays selfish and shows little desire to change, in my opinion.
                The fact that he cares is an asset most on this team don't have.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                  I just want to point out that Morris actually did elbow Landry Fields later on (might have been before). Jonas wasn't trying to hurt anyone, watch the play from the beginning, Plumbee initiated contact on the dunk and was holding him, JV was trying to get him off of him after the play. He was a little aggressive in doing it, but there was nothing exceptionally dirty on that play that we don't see almost nightly from our good friend, psycho T.
                  Was it Morris who also elbowed Novak when being guarded by him? That was a pretty dirty play if I remember correctly. Novak was just bodying up in the post and the guy swung his elbows through hard right at his face.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Was it Morris who also elbowed Novak when being guarded by him? That was a pretty dirty play if I remember correctly. Novak was just bodying up in the post and the guy swung his elbows through hard right at his face.
                    It was Novak, thanks. I actually didn't think it was that dirty though, that's actually pretty standard when someone smothers you in the post. I remember people used to want Bosh to do it to Garnett.

People need to not worry about elbows so much, basketball is a physical game and there is a time and place for elbows.
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

They've got the whole play on the front page. Plumbee comes down on top of Val so Val swings. Nothing weird about that.

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                        It was Novak, thanks. I actually didn't think it was that dirty though, that's actually pretty standard when someone smothers you in the post. I remember people used to want Bosh to do it to Garnett.

People need to not worry about elbows so much, basketball is a physical game and there is a time and place for elbows.
                        I just meant that if "dirty" implies intent (possibly malicious) to make contact and actually hit the guy....then that play on Novak was pretty dirty compared to the missed elbow JV threw, which was for similar reasons (ie to get a guy off him). Seem to remember Morris making contact with both elbows hitting Novak squarely in the face, and it was obviously intentional. It is a pretty standard basketball play like you say, but still not one guys use a lot if they don't have to because there's always a risk of it being a tech or ejection (Morris just got a normal foul for it I think).

Jonas didn't look like he was really trying to hit the guy, but his gesture was very emphatic, probably also helped by the energy rush of finishing a tough play dunking through contact.
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Dec 7, 2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Not acceptable.
                          You should get yourself more involved with a curling forums buddy.... this is basketball... physical game

Comment

Not acceptable.
                            No offense, but you sound like a guy describing pickup basketball at the Y. In which case, yes, this guy shouldn't be allowed to show up on Wednesday nights with the boys anymore. This is an NBA basketball game. He did not make any contact and was shaking guys off of him. Shaq used to do this kind of stuff all the time because he was fed up with the constant physicality used against him. Calling for a 5 game suspension is ridiculous. I'm glad he reacted this way. It's been too long since we had any player show any sign of passion other than a complaint to a ref. Don't see any suspension coming here. Nor should there be one.
                            There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

This thread is ridiculous. JV got assaulted the whole move to the basket, and after the dunk was trying to shed Plumlee off of him. It was a "get off me"/"and 1" not an elbow. Physical player frustrated with the game, his role, and the team showing some aggression. Nothing to see here folks. Move along

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X