Valanciunas is a headcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
    No offense, but you sound like a guy describing pickup basketball at the Y. In which case, yes, this guy shouldn't be allowed to show up on Wednesday nights with the boys anymore. This is an NBA basketball game. He did not make any contact and was shaking guys off of him. Shaq used to do this kind of stuff all the time because he was fed up with the constant physicality used against him. Calling for a 5 game suspension is ridiculous. I'm glad he reacted this way. It's been too long since we had any player show any sign of passion other than a complaint to a ref. Don't see any suspension coming here. Nor should there be one.
    This kind of shit happens at pick-up all the time. Cooler heads usually prevail. Water under the bridge.

Why is this even a thread?

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
      looool

Comment

Nominating this for Troll Thread of the Year.

Never have seen a thread on a fan forum calling for a player on his team to be suspended for 5 games. Sounds like OP has issues with Val.

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
          I am very concerned with JV's development, as a player and individual. Casey cleary has not clue how to develop JV. He was a stellar prospect in all ways a couple of years ago, and now his future trajectory could go either way. Cut Casey loose.
          To be honest i'm tired of talking about Casey. The guy is just a bad coach.

I thought coming into the game that Phoenix is a game that JV would dominate inside because Phoenix dont have any C. He didn't dominate, but he had a double double after 3Q. And i thought he was playing very well. But for some reason like i've seen so many times this year and last year, JV didn't play at all in the 4th.

Casey started matching up against the Suns run and gun style and AS ALWAYS they got burned.

Raps had a big advantage inside but they didn't utilize it.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            To be honest i'm tired of talking about Casey. The guy is just a bad coach.

I thought coming into the game that Phoenix is a game that JV would dominate inside because Phoenix dont have any C. He didn't dominate, but he had a double double after 3Q. And i thought he was playing very well. But for some reason like i've seen so many times this year and last year, JV didn't play at all in the 4th.

Casey started matching up against the Suns run and gun style and AS ALWAYS they got burned.

Raps had a big advantage inside but they didn't utilize it.
            Don't forget that after the game Casey complained about the lack of physicality and toughness, and how it hurt them, especially on the glass.

Yet he sat Jonas, his toughest player and best rebounder, in favour of Steve Novak for most of the 4th. I mean, does Casey not even know how to follow his own instincts then? Just, wtf....

Comment

*sigh* by no means does it label Valanciunas a headcase... It was a bad move, but it was one of those "get off me" flails.

A head case is someone who will bring down his teammates, that right there in my books, is toughness. I love his emotion, intensity, and quite frankly, there aren't enough pissed guys on this team who want it more. I'm tired of seeing DeRozan, JV, and Lowry being the only ones who look and play frustrated.

Again, if the league decides to suspend and fine him, I won't be surprised. If the league decides to give him a slap on the hand, or do nothing at all, I also won't be surprised.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                didn't make a fist
                He was going for the elbow strike. You never hit someone that hard with your fist. You could break fingers.

Comment

That was not a thug move at all. I'd probably be just as pissed if i had a coach that couldn't coach a rock to not move and teammates that have no idea how to play as a team. Its embarrassing and he deserves way better

Comment

You guys are soft.

Period.
                    Thank you.

This was also bang on.

Don't fall for the troll job. Watch the full vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_PpX...e_gdata_player) - definitely an "Everybody off me!" follow through after a lot of contact on a drive to the basket. Not a smart play (the elbow swing was excessive), but he was nowhere near making contact with anybody. He wasn't going after Plumlee at all. He was following through, shaking off contact, and then turning back up the court. If that play makes JV a headcase thug, then Tyler Hansbrough's the Emperor of All Thugs - he's made a career out of swinging elbows and flailing about under the basket, and he actually makes contact with his elbows on a very regular basis.

Honestly all this was.. was a "Get off me" elbow flail, pretty sure JV even knew he wasn't gonna make contact. If you get the ENTIRE play in a GIF you will see that both defenders were draped all over him, no foul was called he completed the dunk and basically in the same motion whipped his elbow out and flailed his arm to get dude off him. If it was a punch he would've thrown it in his direction and most likely landed without issue.

Our fanbase clearly is as soft as our team's label

Did no one see the double elbow Morris gave Novak??!?! .. oh also the Shoulder strike that channing laid on hansborough to sprain it!?!? THIS SPORT DOES HAVE CONTACT.
                    Last edited by C-Low; Sat Dec 7, 2013, 06:00 PM.

Comment

While it certainly seems JV came close to hitting Plumlee I dont know if one can be conclusive about his intentions. Haven't we wanted a tough-take no-nonsense" presence in the Centre. I certainly dont want him to be a dirty player but if nothing else he is so far projecting a toughness that he is not going to be pushed around. If we want him to be a leader on this team for the next few years then he cannot back down. I did not see much of the game to notice what else happened between the two.

Did we not all scream at Bargs getting owned by Garnett and others so many years? Give JV the benefit of the doubt...he'll learn the limits...cant allow a Plumlee to beatup on him without pushback. Maybe he should get a game and let the L take notice.

ps....seems Bargs has just got around to talking smack to KG in Thurs. game...and got ejected for his efforts.

Comment

My fav post is the one which advocates bringing back the Oak tree to set Jonas straight...

Oakley: "Good job Jonas. It's important to establish dominance so those (homophobic remark) learn not to (expletive) with you. My only advice is that you could have had your elbow come closer to his face so he knew you were serious. Oh, and then on defense whisper into his ear, 'Your my little sweet (female dog) ain't ya?'. That's how you do it."
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                          My fav post is the one which advocates bringing back the Oak tree to set Jonas straight...

Oakley: "Good job Jonas. It's important to establish dominance so those (homophobic remark) learn not to (expletive) with you. My only advice is that you could have had your elbow come closer to his face so he knew you were serious. Oh, and then on defense whisper into his ear, 'Your my little sweet (female dog) ain't ya?'. That's how you do it."
                          Seriously.

Too funny,

I am guessing most of the people complaining started following nba ball after the late 90s when hand checking was abolished.

What a collective group of wimps society has become.

Comment

Sorry gents I am going to retract some of my comments. This clearly shows the frustration our young guys are having, being built up all off season to only have a training camp together, who was it that said that anyway.

Entirely not the case, but as from what everyone can see after watching this clearly frustration maybe a little over done but still out of frustration. This just begs me to question having a good vet around. We have none, we need a guy to put all of them in their place. A KG attitude would help significantly with all the young guys. I know we need to build but we have to have the presence in our locker room. Its obvious casey doesn't have the balls to bench someone so that's where the vet steps in and lets the young guys know.

Remember KG had big baby crying when he blasted him, and then he realised his full potential and started to flourish they went on to win

I know we need young talent but more importantly we need the vet to instill the philosophy. Where is Jamal M. when we need him ???? this would help everyone significantly from the top down.

Comment

Can I close this thread now?
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

So many fake tough guys in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X