No announcement yet.

Valanciunas is a headcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've had soft players and soft bigs for so long that now people complain when one of our bigs shows some fire.

Was it too much? Sure. But he's frustrated because he's getting an even shittier whistle this year than as a rookie last year. He's not even close to a headcase. Not to mention the frustration with his team/coach.

It's a good thing to see from a young player, and frankly the kind of attitude a lot of good bigs have had. Don't anybody sit there and tell me that guys like Karl Malone and Alonzo Mourning never threw an elbow out of frustration.

Comment

he gave a little elbow bump to lowry on that same play. watch it, lowry was holding on to his face after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_PpX...e_gdata_player
      Last edited by MixxAOR; Sat Dec 7, 2013, 12:57 PM.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

My read is totally different. JV was fouled and did not get the call and the swing, which was nowhere near connecting with Plumlee, was an exaggerated/frustrated "and one" gesture.

Jonas is no head case.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          he gave a little elbow bump to lowry on that same play. watch it, lowry was holding on to his face after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_PpX...e_gdata_player
          This is a good shot of the play. After watching it a few times it seems less and less like a shot at Plumlee's head as much as it is a "get off me" rip through. If JV was trying to make contact with that he would have followed it up with something different than turning to get back on D, especially after the other Suns player (a Morris I believe) tried to body him up. JV makes the smart play and gets back.

Regardless, the title of this thread and the OP is a bit over the top. One aggressive play doesn't make a head case. Love got 2 games for stomping a dudes face. JV didn't make contact and the intent is debatable. Perhaps a nominal fine but no suspension.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'd be more concerned if he actually was aiming to hit the guy and missed that badly.

Comment

What we know:

- JV's is, generally, not malicious towards other players. At least, I've never seen a single instance of it, in the NBA or in international play.

- He's been growing more and more frustrated as the season's progressed. Emotionally, he's like a different player compared to last year (and, again, compared to his disposition in international play).

What we don't know:

- Exactly what kind of play had been leading up to that. Could very well be that Plumlee was asking for it - or the entire Suns front line was asking for it.

- If JV was trying to connect. Or even more to the point: if JV thought there was even a chance he would have connected. And I'm gonna say no on both fronts. I think this was purely a threat display. But again, this is something none of us can really know.

Big men swing elbows all the time. Howard, Chandler, Garnett - look it up. To suggest that Val is a headcase based on this and this alone is ridiculous.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

This merits a serious suspension. At least 5 games.

Comment

Lol if MWP did this you guys would all be calling for his head, cannot believe people are seriously trying to defend Val here.

Comment

this is nothing...I once murdered a man because the refs didn't call 3 in the key
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      This is a good shot of the play. After watching it a few times it seems less and less like a shot at Plumlee's head as much as it is a "get off me" rip through.
                      Fucking exactly.

I wish people would calm the fuck down, gain some perspective and then post rationally before these fucking RIDICULOUS psychoanalysis type posts;

JV needs to gain control
                      JV is a head case
                      JV is a THUG!!!

I honestly don't think the guys who are posting this have ever, in their live splayed a contact sport passed the age of 12. What a sad, SAD bunch of responses.

Comment

I just don't really think that he was throwing an elbow. Seemed like some odd combination of an "and-one" celebration and trying to regain balance.

Watch the video and compare it to MWP, for a real elbow. Then compare it to Boozer's nut-punch on Danny Crawford (accidental). I dunno, I just didn't see it.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                          This merits a serious suspension. At least 5 games.
                          this post merits a serious banning, 5 days.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                            Lol if MWP did this you guys would all be calling for his head, cannot believe people are seriously trying to defend Val here.
                            LIKE WARM BUTTER IN JULY YOU ARE.

You're acting like President of the "everyone gets a medal" committee.

Comment

The gif cuts in way too late.
                              You didnt see the way he was tangled and trying to free himself. Notice how Plumlee is literally straddling JVs leg. As JV tried to use force and torque to move Plumlee from his position, Plumlee does a soft jump for the rebound and staggers back, this releases JVs force while struggling for position like a spring being released.

Obviously though, JV did complete the movement, and he has to be more under control.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                                I just don't really think that he was throwing an elbow. Seemed like some odd combination of an "and-one" celebration and trying to regain balance.

Watch the video and compare it to MWP, for a real elbow. Then compare it to Boozer's nut-punch on Danny Crawford (accidental). I dunno, I just didn't see it.
                                Plus comparing a 2nd year player with zero violations on record to MWP is completely asinine. It took years for Artest/MWP to earn his reputation.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X