Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange logic from MVP Ladder Crew at NBA.com

The MVP Ladder had Durant go to 1st and had this to say about him:

"Durant's consistent brilliance this season has been fun to watch. For any player to see his shooting percentage dip 5.5 points from last season (from .510 to .455) and still average a league-leading 28.5 points is pretty remarkable. That's a testament to the work Durant put in over the summer expanding his game and improving his strength. He gets what he wants these days, be it off the dribble or around the basket and certainly in transition. One longtime advance scout insists Durant's offensive arsenal is as complete as any player's has been in the past decade, and that "includes Kobe Bryant.""

I dont understand... if his %'s went down, but PPG is still the same... isnt that a testament to him taking more shots? How that segues into his complete offensive arsenal is beyond me.
    I am more interested in their logic which apparently applies to 'any player'.. can any one understand their perspective? How is it positive that he is less efficient?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

one would think.

seems kinda sill to me too

Comment

Yeah, that sounds retarded. It's like they picked the only bad way to frame Durant's game when making an MVP argument. Weird. I mean it's Durant, there are plenty of reasons to argue he's MVP worthy....what they say here really makes no sense though. He's shooting worse because he can get whatever he wants? Huh?

Editor needs to do his job and realize when this kind of nonsense is written

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        ...I dont understand... if his %'s went down, but PPG is still the same... isnt that a testament to him taking more shots? How that segues into his complete offensive arsenal is beyond me.
        I am more interested in their logic which apparently applies to 'any player'.. can any one understand their perspective? How is it positive that he is less efficient?
        Could it be that he is taking shots that he wouldn't have taken before, thereby dropping his shooting % but forcing the defense to key in on him a little more, and freeing up his teammates. Have to see what happened to his assists, rebounds, blocks and steals to make a real comparison with last year...and whether or not his teammates have improved THEIR %'s because of him.

Comment

Yeah that was a pretty remarkably dumb thing to say. Rudy Gay should be MVP since he is taking horrible shots and STILL scoring over 15ppg

Comment

Haha good find, retarted indeed.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
            X