Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: TANK vs ANTI TANK - SUPER THREAD - The Because I Can't Keep Track Edition

Raptors Republic Starter rapfan10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Playoff odds tank nation

Just a friendly reminder that the raptors still do have a 72.3% chance to make it to the playoffs, 52.9% to win the division and only 1% chance to win the lottery. I repeat 1% at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Starter peanutwoozle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let the Hulk come in and smash those tanks to pieces.

Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just threw up in my mouth...

As much as I want to tank it's showing to be quite difficult to do. Boston Philly Phoenix all teams supposed to be tanking and somehow aren't? It's almost as if the best course of action is for the raptors to sign me as their starting point guard. I'll take 1.2million and run this team so far into the standings that I'll become the raptors most valuable trade asset to other teams looking to tank. Hell by the time I'm done I'll be at least worth a top 5 protected first round pick. Which is pretty good I'd say. So on that note Masai, if ur reading this send me a PM and we'll discuss numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

And if they make the playoffs this year, what are the odds that they'll make it again over the next 5 years? Or the odds that they'll win a championship without dipping back into the lottery in the next decade?
    F*ck Brooklyn

Raptors Republic Starter peanutwoozle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    And if they make the playoffs this year, what are the odds that they'll make it again over the next 5 years? Or the odds that they'll win a championship without dipping back into the lottery in the next decade?
    A lot higher than 1%

6. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter rapfan10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    And haven't the bobcats been tanking for quite a few years now... Has tanking worked... NO. Thunder were just extremely luck in the draft with Durant at #2 to start it all and then having lottery picks in 08 and 09... Its not going to happen every day my friend

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rapfan10 wrote: View Post
    And haven't the bobcats been tanking for quite a few years now... Has tanking worked... NO. Thunder were just extremely luck in the draft with Durant at #2 to start it all and then having lottery picks in 08 and 09... Its not going to happen every day my friend

The Bobcats made poor decisions. If you don't trust MU to draft well then no matter the strategy you are in for a long time before success.
    F*ck Brooklyn

9. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    A lot higher than 1%
    Winning the lottery isn't about the #1 pick. Perhaps you should read one of the dozens of threads that explains this.
    F*ck Brooklyn

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a friendly reminder that the raptors still do have a 72.3% chance to make it to the playoffs, 52.9% to win the division and only 1% chance to win the lottery. I repeat 1% at the moment.

So what you're saying is we should try to not lose? I think you misuderstand the situation...we just gave up a 27 point lead. That is the biggest lead given up in franchise history. You actually have to try to be bad a asketball for that to happen. You see, the real situation is that the basketball gods hate us. Those statistics you just listed are meaningless before their fury, their disgust at the travesty this team has become. This is what is going to happen: we will finish 9th and never be good at basketball, because that is what happens to teams that give up 27 point leads. Those teams that commit this ultimate basketball sin are sent to a black basketball hell where there is no hope of ever making it to the second round.
    We must Repent! Let's take our fate into our own hands and lose a lot right now! This will be our penance to the basketball gods. Through our season of suffering we will earn basketball forgiveness for our basketball sins and be given the chance to start anew, with a reasonably high pick and hope for the future.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

12. Like TheGloveinRapsUniform, S.R., stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There are threads and threads on this man.... threads.

Here is the ColesNotes version for you:
    1) It doesn't matter how you build if you have shitty management.
    2) No one specific way of building guarantees anything.
    3) Successful building requires picks, prospects, financial flexibility/cap space and the smarts to know when to use each in free agency, draft, or trade.
    4) Raptors don't have assets to get a superstar via trade; Raptors don't have cap space or roster to attract top player via free agency; therefore only shot Raptors have is the draft.
    5) Where have all teams except 1 in the last 34 years found their franchise talent: in the lottery and with much more frequency at the higher end of the lottery.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

14. Like iblastoff, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    There are threads and threads on this man.... threads.

Here is the ColesNotes version for you:
    1) It doesn't matter how you build if you have shitty management.
    2) No one specific way of building guarantees anything.
    3) Successful building requires picks, prospects, financial flexibility/cap space and the smarts to know when to use each in free agency, draft, or trade.
    4) Raptors don't have assets to get a superstar via trade; Raptors don't have cap space or roster to attract top player via free agency; therefore only shot Raptors have is the draft.
    5) Where have all teams except 1 in the last 34 years found their franchise talent: in the lottery and with much more frequency at the higher end of the lottery.
    Sometimes I wonder if there should be a mandatory reading list of threads before people are allowed to post on this topic lol. Same arguments and counter arguments for months.
    F*ck Brooklyn

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We are only 3 games out of 1st place in the tank race with a full roster & no injuries thus far. Now, trade Lowry for nothing (maybe a future pick or something like that) & have D.J. Augustine be the starting point guard with Dwight Buycks & Julyan Stone as back-ups .... let's see what happens.

Also, there are 65 games left.
    Last edited by torch19; Wed Dec 4th, 2013 at 07:17 PM.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

17. Like S.R., Jclaw liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to know theirs another believers out there. keep the hopes alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Starter Just Is's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    We are only 3 games out of 1st place in the tank race with a full roster & no injuries thus far. Now, trade Lowry for nothing (maybe a future pick or something like that) & have D.J. Augustine be the starting point guard with Dwight Buycks & Julyan Stone as back-ups .... let's see what happens.

Trade Lowry (especially in this trade) and its very possible the Raptors don't win another game this season.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had a pretty tough schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what I keep thinking. Wait until we get a rash of injuries and see how bad things look. I still think there won't be a conscious effort to tank, though. Close to the trade deadline, MU will just look to see if Novak, Hansbrough or Lowry can be turned into picks or prospects.

Still, people fret too much. Massai knows Rudy is going nowhere because no GM will risk having him picking up that option for next year. He also knows that Rudy won't want to stick around here for rebuilding when the Lakers or some other desperate team will throw money at him. There's a good chance he bolts this summer. We also only have one more year of Field's terrible contract. By the summer of 2015 BC's damage will be undone, we''ll have a bit of cap room and hopefully a few picks/prospects in addition to our 2014 pick. We should all feel confident that MU will do at least as well as he did in Denver at collecting assets. Only the ownership here says they will spend to win. I think the dark days are almost over. (And I'm not a new fan, nor am I young) Cheers!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Westvleteren wrote: View Post
    Exactly what I keep thinking. Wait until we get a rash of injuries and see how bad things look. I still think there won't be a conscious effort to tank, though. Close to the trade deadline, MU will just look to see if Novak, Hansbrough or Lowry can be turned into picks or prospects.

Still, people fret too much. Massai knows Rudy is going nowhere because no GM will risk having him picking up that option for next year. He also knows that Rudy won't want to stick around here for rebuilding when the Lakers or some other desperate team will throw money at him. There's a good chance he bolts this summer. We also only have one more year of Field's terrible contract. By the summer of 2015 BC's damage will be undone, we''ll have a bit of cap room and hopefully a few picks/prospects in addition to our 2014 pick. We should all feel confident that MU will do at least as well as he did in Denver at collecting assets. Only the ownership here says they will spend to win. I think the dark days are almost over. (And I'm not a new fan, nor am I young) Cheers!
    Hopefully MU feels and thinks the same way

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Grange: Rebuild on it's way

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...g-for-rebuild/

No folks, the rebuild is underway.

For all of Leiweke’s championship-or-bust evangelicalism, he’s wise enough to know that title-contending franchises are build on a foundation of multiple productive drafts and years of salary-cap flexibility. He didn’t give Ujiri a five-year contract with instructions to rush the job.

Ironically it has never been more tempting or potentially rewarding for the Raptors to think short-term and try to augment their current roster with an eye toward breaking their playoff drought down the road. But if there’s one bit of good news in the current gloom is that there have been assurances from Leiweke on down that the mistakes of the recent past won’t be repeated.

Playoffs or bust isn’t the mantra. The goal is a long-term solution to years of on-court woes. There is an awareness that there is no quick fix. That clarity is perhaps the only thing Raptors fans will have to cheer about for some time to come.

24. Like ceez, mcHAPPY, Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lieweke said so? I read this last night, but its Grange saying so not actually Ujiri or Lieweke saying it right?

We all know Tim's thoughts on this he was thinking blow up right away but trusted his GM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Grange has been reading RR too
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Thread Information