TANK vs ANTI TANK - SUPER THREAD - The Because I Can't Keep Track Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TANK vs ANTI TANK - SUPER THREAD - The Because I Can't Keep Track Edition

Just a friendly reminder that the raptors still do have a 72.3% chance to make it to the playoffs, 52.9% to win the division and only 1% chance to win the lottery. I repeat 1% at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Let the Hulk come in and smash those tanks to pieces.

Comment

I just threw up in my mouth...

As much as I want to tank it's showing to be quite difficult to do. Boston Philly Phoenix all teams supposed to be tanking and somehow aren't? It's almost as if the best course of action is for the raptors to sign me as their starting point guard. I'll take 1.2million and run this team so far into the standings that I'll become the raptors most valuable trade asset to other teams looking to tank. Hell by the time I'm done I'll be at least worth a top 5 protected first round pick. Which is pretty good I'd say. So on that note Masai, if ur reading this send me a PM and we'll discuss numbers.
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

And if they make the playoffs this year, what are the odds that they'll make it again over the next 5 years? Or the odds that they'll win a championship without dipping back into the lottery in the next decade?
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          And if they make the playoffs this year, what are the odds that they'll make it again over the next 5 years? Or the odds that they'll win a championship without dipping back into the lottery in the next decade?
          A lot higher than 1%

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            And haven't the bobcats been tanking for quite a few years now... Has tanking worked... NO. Thunder were just extremely luck in the draft with Durant at #2 to start it all and then having lottery picks in 08 and 09... Its not going to happen every day my friend

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
              And haven't the bobcats been tanking for quite a few years now... Has tanking worked... NO. Thunder were just extremely luck in the draft with Durant at #2 to start it all and then having lottery picks in 08 and 09... Its not going to happen every day my friend

The Bobcats made poor decisions. If you don't trust MU to draft well then no matter the strategy you are in for a long time before success.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                A lot higher than 1%
                Winning the lottery isn't about the #1 pick. Perhaps you should read one of the dozens of threads that explains this.

Comment

Just a friendly reminder that the raptors still do have a 72.3% chance to make it to the playoffs, 52.9% to win the division and only 1% chance to win the lottery. I repeat 1% at the moment.

So what you're saying is we should try to not lose? I think you misuderstand the situation...we just gave up a 27 point lead. That is the biggest lead given up in franchise history. You actually have to try to be bad a asketball for that to happen. You see, the real situation is that the basketball gods hate us. Those statistics you just listed are meaningless before their fury, their disgust at the travesty this team has become. This is what is going to happen: we will finish 9th and never be good at basketball, because that is what happens to teams that give up 27 point leads. Those teams that commit this ultimate basketball sin are sent to a black basketball hell where there is no hope of ever making it to the second round.
                  We must Repent! Let's take our fate into our own hands and lose a lot right now! This will be our penance to the basketball gods. Through our season of suffering we will earn basketball forgiveness for our basketball sins and be given the chance to start anew, with a reasonably high pick and hope for the future.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

There are threads and threads on this man.... threads.

Here is the ColesNotes version for you:
                    1) It doesn't matter how you build if you have shitty management.
                    2) No one specific way of building guarantees anything.
                    3) Successful building requires picks, prospects, financial flexibility/cap space and the smarts to know when to use each in free agency, draft, or trade.
                    4) Raptors don't have assets to get a superstar via trade; Raptors don't have cap space or roster to attract top player via free agency; therefore only shot Raptors have is the draft.
                    5) Where have all teams except 1 in the last 34 years found their franchise talent: in the lottery and with much more frequency at the higher end of the lottery.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      There are threads and threads on this man.... threads.

Here is the ColesNotes version for you:
                      1) It doesn't matter how you build if you have shitty management.
                      2) No one specific way of building guarantees anything.
                      3) Successful building requires picks, prospects, financial flexibility/cap space and the smarts to know when to use each in free agency, draft, or trade.
                      4) Raptors don't have assets to get a superstar via trade; Raptors don't have cap space or roster to attract top player via free agency; therefore only shot Raptors have is the draft.
                      5) Where have all teams except 1 in the last 34 years found their franchise talent: in the lottery and with much more frequency at the higher end of the lottery.
                      Sometimes I wonder if there should be a mandatory reading list of threads before people are allowed to post on this topic lol. Same arguments and counter arguments for months.

Comment

We are only 3 games out of 1st place in the tank race with a full roster & no injuries thus far. Now, trade Lowry for nothing (maybe a future pick or something like that) & have D.J. Augustine be the starting point guard with Dwight Buycks & Julyan Stone as back-ups .... let's see what happens.

Also, there are 65 games left.
                        Last edited by torch19; Wed Dec 4, 2013, 08:17 PM.
                        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Glad to know theirs another believers out there. keep the hopes alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
                            We are only 3 games out of 1st place in the tank race with a full roster & no injuries thus far. Now, trade Lowry for nothing (maybe a future pick or something like that) & have D.J. Augustine be the starting point guard with Dwight Buycks & Julyan Stone as back-ups .... let's see what happens.

Trade Lowry (especially in this trade) and its very possible the Raptors don't win another game this season.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post

We've had a pretty tough schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                              X