TANK vs ANTI TANK - SUPER THREAD - The Because I Can't Keep Track Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    I took this "Summary" from a poster on REALGM, and it basically sums up what happened in the interview.

Summary:
    - Had his first child
    - Attended Syracuse vs. Indiana game rather than watching Warriors vs. Raptors game.
    - Have to fix the collapse that happened in the 4th quarter
    - Warriors are unbelievable (trying to cover up Raptors' mistake with Warriors' talent?)
    - Job is 82 games, job is to evaluate the team
    - Toronto is in a lot of conversations around the league.
    - Currently evaluating team, will continue to make calls and communicate with others to figure out how to make the team better or which direction to go.
    - WE WILL NOT BE CAUGHT IN NO MAN'S LAND IN NBA (referring to treadmill?)
    - One issue he's evaluating is the fact that we have same kind of players in the roster.
    - Does not think that there is selfishness in the team, just that the style of the players is causing lack of ball movement.
    He said it! We're tanking!
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Who do you think is more frustrated right now?

1. Kevin Garnett, who was traded to a (relatively) big market team, where ownership has spent a gazillion dollars, and expectations are through the roof, and the home crowd is chanting "Garnett sucks!"

OR

2. Rudy Gay?

In any given year, there are going to be good teams and bad teams regardless of management's intentions. My advice to the players: suck it up and play.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        Theres only 2 direction from noman's land one can go....

1, chase the victory flag
        2, run towards the tank in hopes of landing as a winner

the victory flag is about 50,000 miles away for the Raps whereas the tank on the other hand...... hmmm
        the tank on the other hand may be a little closer, but there are a lot of barriers in between that might let us through, or might not.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
          the tank on the other hand may be a little closer, but there are a lot of barriers in between that might let us through, or might not.
          I realize both arguments are a little more complicated than what I described below, but it really comes down to:

1. Losing with current roster and no cap flexibility.

2. Losing with young (to be drafted) roster and tons of flexibility.

Neither are guarantees of future success. But to the pro-tanking crowd, only #2 has an even remote possibility of future success.
          Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Dec 6, 2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Who do you think is more frustrated right now?

1. Kevin Garnett, who was traded to a (relatively) big market team, where ownership has spent a gazillion dollars, and expectations are through the roof, and the home crowd is chanting "Garnett sucks!"

OR

2. Rudy Gay?

In any given year, there are going to be good teams and bad teams regardless of management's intentions. My advice to the players: suck it up and play.
            then don't count on players ever coming here, and I mean ever.

Comment

• No Tank. No Way. Playoffs Here we come. Then we attract better Talent. No More losing. We need a couple years of a NOT LOSING culture in Toronto.

Comment

then don't count on players ever coming here, and I mean ever.
                I'm not. That's why I'm relying on the draft to acquire our core.

Comment

I realize both arguments are a little more complicated than what I described below, but it really comes down to:

1. Losing with current roster and no cap flexibility.

2. Losing with young (to be drafted) roster and tons of flexibility.

Neither are guarantees of future success. But to the pro-tanking crowd, only #1 has an even remote possibility of future success.
                  a remote possibility of future success, ok, but a high possibility of future failure, not looking too good to me.

Comment

• redyraptor wrote: View Post
                    No Tank. No Way. Playoffs Here we come. Then we attract better Talent. No More losing. We need a couple years of a NOT LOSING culture in Toronto.
                    Are you planning on paying free agents in pesos? We have no means of attracting free agents. We're capped out.

Comment

I'm not. That's why I'm relying on the draft to acquire our core.
                      don't count on that core to stay then.

our Bad Rapport with players is just going to get worse.

Comment

Are you planning on paying free agents in pesos? We have no means of attracting free agents. We're capped out.
                        We'll be capped out in a matter of time when we build this "core" through the draft as well

Comment

a remote possibility of future success, ok, but a high possibility of future failure, not looking too good to me.
                          Let's say there's equal risk of losing with both scenarios. Still, one option has a possibility of getting out of this 18 year funk.

Staying the course most definitely does not.

Comment

We'll be capped out in a matter of time when we build this "core" through the draft as well
                            Yes, eventually every team that has stars caps itself out. This does not mean, however, that being capped out means that you have stars.

Comment

Birds rights, my friend.

Comment

don't count on that core to stay then.

our Bad Rapport with players is just going to get worse.
                                "The Raptors are a serious contender this year. They have a great young core of elite talent, but I don't want to join them because they booed Bargnani 5 years ago."

You're not really this naive.

Comment

Working...
                                X