TANK vs ANTI TANK - SUPER THREAD - The Because I Can't Keep Track Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    It's all about trade value though, from my perspective.

Hansborough is on a relatively cheap, high-value contract right now, with a team option for next season (the team could keep him or let his contract expire - different teams will value each aspect of the option). Amir, on the other hand, is making $7M this season and next, so it could be harder to make deals with him.

I would definitely be much more open to trading Amir than DeRozan though, once you get beyond the initial 'should trade' group.

The important thing is that common ground has been discovered between pro and anti tankers!
    Amir 7 Mil next year is a team option though, check here. http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

Comment

I actually laid out a 'tanking' plan a few days ago, with 4 'must trade' players: Gay, Lowry, Novak and Hansborough. So yes, I would completely agree with your approach and believe it would be in line with the proper rebuild team-building I (and most other pro-tankers) have been promoting for months, which gets lumped in as the unethical, karma-killing evil that is "tanking".

I'm not saying that DeRozan or Amir absolutely should stay, but nor am I saying they should go. Given that they are both good players and are under contract, there's certainly no urgency surrounding them.

Trading those other players would likely result in a sufficient "tank" for my purposes. Of course, I would explore their (ie: DeRozan & Amir) trade value now, at the deadline, during the draft and in the offseason... but that's just good management. I'd be fine with either/both of them staying or going, depending what the trade return would be.
      This is my exact perspective on tanking. For once we agree on something.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
        Amir 7 Mil next year is a team option though, check here. http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm
        That's true...

It just seems that there's more of a chance that Amir stays in the team's plans than Hansborough. With both Hansborough and Novak having such cheap contracts, it just makes the chances of completing a trade (with salaries balancing and being acceptable to both teams) that much greater.

Comment

• I'd add Landry Fields to your must-trade list though CRF. Although he'd be very difficult to move for cap relief.

Miami's been trying to acquire a 2-guard though, maybe they'd me interested? Doubt it though.

Comment

Team option but with $5 million guaranteed. That means they'll pick it up, otherwise they lose him and still have $5 mil. count against the cap - right? (Honest question.)

"Signed July 8, 2010 for an assumed $30,000,000 plus incentives for 5 years.
            2014-15 is partially guaranteed for $5,000,000.
            2013-14 and 2014-15 each have up to $50,000 in unlikely incentives not included here.
            Contract has a 5% trade kicker."

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...johnsam01.html
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
              I'd add Landry Fields to your must-trade list though CRF. Although he'd be very difficult to move for cap relief.

Miami's been trying to acquire a 2-guard though, maybe they'd me interested? Doubt it though.
              The bold is exactly why I didn't include him. Also, injury concerns. I actually like Fields, just not at the contract BC shelled out for him. He'll probably have much more trade value next season when his contract is expiring, especially if he proves to be more advanced in his shooting mechanics recovery.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Team option but with $5 million guaranteed. That means they'll pick it up, otherwise they lose him and still have $5 mil. count against the cap - right? (Honest question.)

2013-14 and 2014-15 each have up to $50,000 in unlikely incentives not included here.

Oh ya, I forgot about that (again). Same discussion was had a week or two ago, with Matt52 pointing out the same thing and confirming it would indeed count against the cap, similar to Camby's cap hit for Toronto this season.

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
                  I'd add Landry Fields to your must-trade list though CRF. Although he'd be very difficult to move for cap relief.

He would help Miami. Who would they give up? Anthony (2 yrs) and Lewis (1 yr)? Can they trade Roger Mason (1 yr) after the 15th?

That would bring some cap relief for the Raps, that's for sure.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

He would help Miami. Who would they give up? Anthony (2 yrs) and Lewis (1 yr)? Can they trade Roger Mason (1 yr) after the 15th?

That would bring some cap relief for the Raps, that's for sure.
                    Anthony & Jones would work, saving the Raps $0.95M this season (pro-rated) and $2.45M next season (Anthony has $3.8M player option). Anthony wouldn't be bad as a 3rd string C next season. I wonder if Miami would throw in a 2nd round pick?

Comment

Anthony & Jones would work, saving the Raps $0.95M this season (pro-rated) and $2.45M next season (Anthony has $3.8M player option). Anthony wouldn't be bad as a 3rd string C next season. I wonder if Miami would throw in a 2nd round pick?
                      Can't see why not, what's the 60th pick for that team?
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        Indiana's finishing with a better record.. so 59th pick.

Comment

$7M team option but $5M is guaranteed.

Comment

Whoops what S.R. said.

Comment

I can't believe Bryan Colangelo shared his policies and procedures handbook with you.
                              Sadly I believed it for years.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                What about getting the #30 pick, while giving up one of our 2nd round picks (either OKC's or the better of TOR/SAC's pick)? If the latter, it would likely mean just moving up 5 spots for Toronto. For Miami, it means avoiding the guaranteed salary, while only moving back a few spots.

Comment

Working...
                                X