View Poll Results: What changes do you want to make to this team?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Firesale, Total Rebuild - trade anyone and everyone and rebuild the entire roster

2 5.13%
  • Whoa big fella - firesale minus JV

13 33.33%
  • Coaching change - get us a new bench leader

17 43.59%
  • Trade Rudy - Moving Rudy alone will make this team better and free cap space

21 53.85%
  • Trade Lowry - we need a new PG to lead this team

18 46.15%
  • Trade Demar - our best scorer just isn't good enough to take this team over the hump

6 15.38%
  • Put Rudy on the bench - minimize his role and let him fire away from the bench

3 7.69%
  • Start Amir again - bring him back to the starting lineup and all will be well

4 10.26%
  • Cash in on other assets - trade guys like Amir, Tyler, Novak, Ross for assets that help the core

9 23.08%
  • Stand pat - do nothing, internal organic growth will make this team better

1 2.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: D-DAY 12-15-13 - TRADE DEADLINE RUMOR THREAD - The Because There Will Be Many Edition

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just saw a Jimmer Fredette trade rumour

Always thought the Kings misused him...could be a good 6th man

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Jimmer.Undersized guard. Not athletic, but boy does he have lots of heart. If we could get him on the cheap (and provided his contract isn't huge), I'd take a flyer on him as bench depth.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.ibtimes.com/jimmer-fredet...hooter-1495956

Toronto Raptors

With only three teams in the dreadful Eastern Conference sporting a .500 or better record, the Raptors have as good a chance as any team to make the postseason for the first time since 2008. That might not have been the plan with nearly every player on the roster other than young center Jonas Valanciunas reportedly available for trade when the season began. Speculation also surrounded Toronto as a candidate for tanking for optimum position in next year’s draft, which is considered one of the deepest and most talented in a decade.

Sacramento won’t want to take on the contracts of Rudy Gay or DeMar Derozan, but could fortify their frontline with veteran center Aaron Gray, relieving some of the pressure on DeMarcus Cousins. The Kings and Raptors would essentially be swapping expiring contracts with the latter likely improving their 18th ranked three-point shooting, and the former addressing their rebounding needs.
    Gray for Fredette? Why not? Gray sits on the bench anyways and we need more three point shooters, so what the hay? Do this or not, I don't really care...

4. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

it really is a nothing to lose everything to gain deal if its just Gray for Fredette straight up

6. Like caccia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    it really is a nothing to lose everything to gain deal if its just Gray for Fredette straight up
    There's nothing to lose, but IMO, there's not much to gain. He's not a very intelligent player. He's not very good at anything except his three. Can't really play any defense. To be honest, I can see him rotting on the bench cuz he's just so horrible on defense...

Post Thanks / Like

Is he that bad at defense? I've never seen him play more than a few minutes

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Is he that bad at defense?
    Comparing Fredette to DeRozan, their defensive ratings this season are 106 to 107, and the TR% (rebounds) 7.9 to 5.7. So he seems to have improved considerably this year. It's hard to tell for sure because he has only played six games, though.

By the way, Kendall Marshall is now in the D-League with the Philadelphia 76er's affiliate in Delaware. He had almost a triple double in his first game: 31 points, 10 assists, 9 rebounds. Mr. Ujiri could sign him tomorrow if he wanted--provided someone else were cut. Anyway, something to keep an eye on, because he is a legitimate point guard and we need one.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/1...ipers-d-league

Raptors Republic Starter peanutwoozle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote caccia wrote: View Post
    Comparing Fredette to DeRozan, their defensive ratings this season are 106 to 107, and the TR% (rebounds) 7.9 to 5.7. So he seems to have improved considerably this year. It's hard to tell for sure because he has only played six games, though.

By the way, Kendall Marshall is now in the D-League with the Philadelphia 76er's affiliate in Delaware. He had almost a triple double in his first game: 31 points, 10 assists, 9 rebounds. Mr. Ujiri could sign him tomorrow if he wanted--provided someone else were cut. Anyway, something to keep an eye on, because he is a legitimate point guard and we need one.

Kendall Marshall?? No thank you, he was terrible, and 2 teams gave up on him in one day.

You know who else once scored 30 in the DL? Former Raptor Luke Jackson

but back to the topic, if it is Aaron Gray for Fredette, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Gray is a bonafide scrub who does not belong in the league, while Fredette can shoot the 3, good trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote caccia wrote: View Post

Those stats are very deceiving especially considering Fredette's minutes played and the fact that he's coming off the bench and sometimes in garbage time, so competition he faces is less than that of Demar. I wouldn't think too much about those stats. As for Kendall Marshall, it's the D-League. Any NBA lotto pick can get a good game in the D-League. The NBA is a completely different monster. I wouldn't think too much about his near triple double in the D-League...

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's Jimmer earlier this season against are opponents today
    http://youtu.be/0KrUQ083pww

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

13. Like caccia liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Always thought the Kings misused him...could be a good 6th man
    6th man? Jimmer Fredette?

So it comes down to this eh?
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Here's Jimmer earlier this season against are opponents today
    http://youtu.be/0KrUQ083pww

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who the hell is commentating this? This is sad. He's making me feel depressed...

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Who the hell is commentating this? This is sad. He's making me feel depressed...
    His voice reminds me of Hibbert

Post Thanks / Like

I would take Jimmer over any one of our so called 3 back-up PGs. Would he be the long term solution, no, but he wouldbe way better than what we have.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If the price is Aaron Gray, it's a no brainer. Zero risk/medium reward type of transaction.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

19. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we should go for it! This is a no brainer....the guy never had a chance in Sacramento.

Stone, Daye, Buycks, Gray, Augustine..... I would take a chance on Jimmer over anyone of those guys.

21. Like c_bcm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    Kendall Marshall?? No thank you, he was terrible, and 2 teams gave up on him in one day.

You know who else once scored 30 in the DL? Former Raptor Luke Jackson

but back to the topic, if it is Aaron Gray for Fredette, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Gray is a bonafide scrub who does not belong in the league, while Fredette can shoot the 3, good trade.
    That's not strengthening the argument that he is terrible. If anything its a reason to give him a shot, because clearly the second team didn't even try. I'm a big Marshall fan. Dude is smart and has fantastic court vision. You wanna talk about the need to pick and roll more and a PG to run it...dude is legit.

If I say Dude more, does it strenthen my argument?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    I think we should go for it! This is a no brainer....the guy never had a chance in Sacramento.

Stone, Daye, Buycks, Gray, Augustine..... I would take a chance on Jimmer over anyone of those guys.
    I would seriously consider dumping most of these guys and picking up anyone else. I am tired of low IQ super athletes.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pre-draft, some were wondering who was the better PG between Marshall and Lillard :|

Clearly, a lot of savvy NBA scouts saw Marshall as a player with NBA skill. He's still young and impressionable. It doesn't seem believable that he's completely worthless a little more than a year later.

At the very least, he can't be any worse than Stone or Buycks.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't Jimmer's ceiling have to be JJ Reddick?

JJ's impressed me - he's worked hard and been able to round out and adapt his game to the NBA. He's become a useful rotation player instead of another college flameout.

26. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post

Thread Information