Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D-DAY 12-15-13 - TRADE DEADLINE RUMOR THREAD - The Because There Will Be Many Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw the Heat have nothing we'd want. I'd be down to swap Fields for some expirings though if they're interested.

Comment

Actually, Fields would be a perfect fit on Miami and I'd trade him in an instant, but I'm not sure if Miami even has anything of value that they would be willing to give up (e.g. prospects, expiring contracts, high draft picks). And I never want the Raps to deal with Pat Riley again, after he gang raped BC on the JO/Moon/1st rounder for Marion deal and of course, the Bosh fiasco.

Edit: LOL. I just posted the exact same thing as Nosike. What he said.

Comment

I'd be happy for Demar if he went to the heat for a championship but that sucks arse for us.

Comment

Don't ignore money when you talk about championship teams. They have no cap room and they're way over tax line.

Heat would have to give up at least 2-3 players in order to get DeMar + someone else from other team maybe.

This trade is not happening.
          Last edited by rocwell; Fri Dec 6, 2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

How about Jimmer to Miami, Gray to Sacramento and picks to Toronto? 2nd round picks are welcome.

Comment

HEAT-Courtney Lee
              Boston-Rudy Gay, Norris Cole
              Toronto-Rajon Rondo, Joel Anthony

or

Heat - Courtney Lee
              Toronto - Rajon Rondo, James Jones
              Boston - Kyle Lowry, Landry Fields and Udonis Haslem

This is based off the assumption that Boston is still actively shopping Rondo and is aiming to tank plus we let Rondo take the year off and come back next year with our top 8 pick and remaining players to become the greatest team evAAARRRR (never gonna happen)

Comment

That is awful. DD for a Heat pick likely in the bottom 5? For Christ's sake...
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                  That is awful. DD for a Heat pick likely in the bottom 5? For Christ's sake...
                  He was joking (post #4). Nosike's a big DD guy.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Yeah they're probably putting Joel on the block, who has this year and next at 3.8 mil! You could do a Kyle Lowry and filler for Joel Anthony and the Phillie 1st round pick that they own.

They'll never take DD or Fields, too expensive. Lowry has the expiring and could fit in their system in my brain. Shoots the 3 and plays D. Works for me.
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                      Yeah they're probably putting Joel on the block, who has this year and next at 3.8 mil! You could do a Kyle Lowry and filler for Joel Anthony and the Phillie 1st round pick that they own.

They'll never take DD or Fields, too expensive. Lowry has the expiring and could fit in their system in my brain. Shoots the 3 and plays D. Works for me.
                      They could afford Fields for Anthony+Lewis. They aren't giving Anthony or Lewis any minutes anyway - may as well convert them into a position that needs depth (SG). I'm not sure they'd want Fields though, they need their role players to stretch the floor. They'd probably ask about Lowry and Ross...

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        They could afford Fields for Anthony+Lewis. They aren't giving Anthony or Lewis any minutes anyway - may as well convert them into a position that needs depth (SG). I'm not sure they'd want Fields though, they need their role players to stretch the floor. They'd probably ask about Lowry and Ross...
                        Lewis is getting some burn at the 4 this year...averging around 18 mpg

Comment

Yeah they could do it for this year, but there's no way they would want to pay Fields $8.5 next year. Rashard is on an expiring and $$$$ does matter to the heat (they amnestied Miller!).

But as you said in your second point, the whole Fields discussion is moot since they would want someone who can space and shoot 3s.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            Lewis is getting some burn at the 4 this year...averging around 18 mpg
                            You're right about that. I was thinking of James Jones.

Kind of weird that Rashard Lewis is getting 18mpg for the Heat, isn't it? I thought he was done.

Also just realized that LBJ's PER is 29.5. Now there's a small forward. smdh

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                              You're right about that. I was thinking of James Jones.

Kind of weird that Rashard Lewis is getting 18mpg for the Heat, isn't it? I thought he was done.

Also just realized that LBJ's PER is 29.5. Now there's arguably the greatest player of all time smdh
                              Fixed. You can't hold Gay to that standard.

Comment

Fields for Anthony & Jones & 2nd round pick

Raps save $0.95M this season (pro-rated) and $2.45M next season (assuming Anthony picks-up his $3.8M player option). Anthony wouldn't be a bad 3rd string C on an expiring contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X