Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D-DAY 12-15-13 - TRADE DEADLINE RUMOR THREAD - The Because There Will Be Many Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-DAY 12-15-13 - TRADE DEADLINE RUMOR THREAD - The Because There Will Be Many Edition

Always thought the Kings misused him...could be a good 6th man
    Firesale, Total Rebuild - trade anyone and everyone and rebuild the entire roster
    2.13%
    Whoa big fella - firesale minus JV
    13.83%
    Coaching change - get us a new bench leader
    18.09%
    Trade Rudy - Moving Rudy alone will make this team better and free cap space
    22.34%
    Trade Lowry - we need a new PG to lead this team
    19.15%
    Trade Demar - our best scorer just isn't good enough to take this team over the hump
    6.38%
    Put Rudy on the bench - minimize his role and let him fire away from the bench
    3.19%
    Start Amir again - bring him back to the starting lineup and all will be well
    4.26%
    Cash in on other assets - trade guys like Amir, Tyler, Novak, Ross for assets that help the core
    9.57%
    Stand pat - do nothing, internal organic growth will make this team better
    1.06%

The poll is expired.

For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Oh, Jimmer.Undersized guard. Not athletic, but boy does he have lots of heart. If we could get him on the cheap (and provided his contract isn't huge), I'd take a flyer on him as bench depth.

Comment

http://www.ibtimes.com/jimmer-fredet...hooter-1495956

Toronto Raptors

With only three teams in the dreadful Eastern Conference sporting a .500 or better record, the Raptors have as good a chance as any team to make the postseason for the first time since 2008. That might not have been the plan with nearly every player on the roster other than young center Jonas Valanciunas reportedly available for trade when the season began. Speculation also surrounded Toronto as a candidate for tanking for optimum position in next year’s draft, which is considered one of the deepest and most talented in a decade.

Sacramento won’t want to take on the contracts of Rudy Gay or DeMar Derozan, but could fortify their frontline with veteran center Aaron Gray, relieving some of the pressure on DeMarcus Cousins. The Kings and Raptors would essentially be swapping expiring contracts with the latter likely improving their 18th ranked three-point shooting, and the former addressing their rebounding needs.
      Gray for Fredette? Why not? Gray sits on the bench anyways and we need more three point shooters, so what the hay? Do this or not, I don't really care...

Comment

it really is a nothing to lose everything to gain deal if its just Gray for Fredette straight up
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          it really is a nothing to lose everything to gain deal if its just Gray for Fredette straight up
          There's nothing to lose, but IMO, there's not much to gain. He's not a very intelligent player. He's not very good at anything except his three. Can't really play any defense. To be honest, I can see him rotting on the bench cuz he's just so horrible on defense...

Comment

Is he that bad at defense? I've never seen him play more than a few minutes

Comment

Is he that bad at defense?
              Comparing Fredette to DeRozan, their defensive ratings this season are 106 to 107, and the TR% (rebounds) 7.9 to 5.7. So he seems to have improved considerably this year. It's hard to tell for sure because he has only played six games, though.

By the way, Kendall Marshall is now in the D-League with the Philadelphia 76er's affiliate in Delaware. He had almost a triple double in his first game: 31 points, 10 assists, 9 rebounds. Mr. Ujiri could sign him tomorrow if he wanted--provided someone else were cut. Anyway, something to keep an eye on, because he is a legitimate point guard and we need one.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/1...ipers-d-league

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                Comparing Fredette to DeRozan, their defensive ratings this season are 106 to 107, and the TR% (rebounds) 7.9 to 5.7. So he seems to have improved considerably this year. It's hard to tell for sure because he has only played six games, though.

By the way, Kendall Marshall is now in the D-League with the Philadelphia 76er's affiliate in Delaware. He had almost a triple double in his first game: 31 points, 10 assists, 9 rebounds. Mr. Ujiri could sign him tomorrow if he wanted--provided someone else were cut. Anyway, something to keep an eye on, because he is a legitimate point guard and we need one.

Kendall Marshall?? No thank you, he was terrible, and 2 teams gave up on him in one day.

You know who else once scored 30 in the DL? Former Raptor Luke Jackson

but back to the topic, if it is Aaron Gray for Fredette, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Gray is a bonafide scrub who does not belong in the league, while Fredette can shoot the 3, good trade.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post

Those stats are very deceiving especially considering Fredette's minutes played and the fact that he's coming off the bench and sometimes in garbage time, so competition he faces is less than that of Demar. I wouldn't think too much about those stats. As for Kendall Marshall, it's the D-League. Any NBA lotto pick can get a good game in the D-League. The NBA is a completely different monster. I wouldn't think too much about his near triple double in the D-League...

Comment

Here's Jimmer earlier this season against are opponents today
                    http://youtu.be/0KrUQ083pww

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Always thought the Kings misused him...could be a good 6th man
                      6th man? Jimmer Fredette?

So it comes down to this eh?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Here's Jimmer earlier this season against are opponents today
                        http://youtu.be/0KrUQ083pww

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Who the hell is commentating this? This is sad. He's making me feel depressed...

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                          Who the hell is commentating this? This is sad. He's making me feel depressed...
                          His voice reminds me of Hibbert

Comment

I would take Jimmer over any one of our so called 3 back-up PGs. Would he be the long term solution, no, but he wouldbe way better than what we have.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

If the price is Aaron Gray, it's a no brainer. Zero risk/medium reward type of transaction.

Comment

Working...
                              X