Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gay, Acy & Gray to SAC for Vasquez, Patterson, Hayes & Salmons (Augustin waived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's that guy who's been saying MU is overrated?
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
      Masai Ujiri is brilliant. Unloads Gay's contract and only has to give up Gray and Acy. Brilliant!! AND he didn't have to take Jimmer, that some seem to think is an asset. Vasquez is a MUCH BETTER haul than him.
      Agreed.

There was so much talk of Rudy being "untradeable", or that we'd need to take on an equally "toxic" contract.

Masai is well on his way to wiping the slate clean.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Agreed.

There was so much talk of Rudy being "untradeable", or that we'd need to take on an equally "toxic" contract.

Masai is well on his way to wiping the slate clean.
        Both the AB and gay trades are beyond what any of us could have realistically hoped for. The man is slick.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
          I would like to put it out there that getting John salmons, Ross and him play the same way so Ross could be on the move with lowry
          thats ridiculous. salmons is in his mid 30's, on a decline and has been so after chicago. why the hell would we keep him over ross? makes no sense.

Comment

• Just read Sac Kings fan forum. They are all jumping from their seats, celebrating and argumenting how it was a no brainer. Boy oh boy, I wish I could show them our Gay/Jose/Ed trade thread.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
              Just read Sac Kings fan forum. They are all jumping from their seats, celebrating and argumenting how it was a no brainer. Boy oh boy, I wish I could show them our Gay/Jose/Ed trade thread.
              Tbh, it's not that horrible for them. I mean they got rid of two horrible contracts and got back Gay who could "possibly" make a comeback season with a tougher coach than Casey. As to who wins this trade, we win from what it seems now but that can all change later. Depends on which Gay shows up in Sacramento and whether Gay opts out our not. As much as I don't think he'll forfeit a $19 mill paycheck, does he really want to play in Sacramento where talent rots faster than here in Toronto...

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Just read Sac Kings fan forum. They are all jumping from their seats, celebrating and argumenting how it was a no brainer. Boy oh boy, I wish I could show them our Gay/Jose/Ed trade thread.
                Even if Rudy were to magically morph into an efficient, allstar calibre player, do they really think they can catch Dallas, Denver and Golden State?

Comment

• "The priority in Toronto is clearly finishing as high as possible in the lottery with Canadian sensation Andrew Wiggins and several other top prospects expected to be available to teams picking at the top of the June draft. Lowry is in the final year of his contact at an affordable $6.2 million and believed to be eminently available because he's not part of Toronto's future plans.
                  "

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Even if Rudy were to magically morph into an efficient, allstar calibre player, do they really think they can catch Dallas, Denver and Golden State?
                    Well not really, they think it can be the long term answer (Cousins n' Gay)
                    http://www.kingsfans.com/threads/rud....54571/page-15

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      thats ridiculous. salmons is in his mid 30's, on a decline and has been so after chicago. why the hell would we keep him over ross? makes no sense.
                      He is either here for Ross to learn as they have the same game. Or could use Ross as a piece I don't think Ross is going to become Kobe.

Comment

Well not really, they think it can be the long term answer (Cousins n' Gay)
                        http://www.kingsfans.com/threads/rud....54571/page-15
                        I feel bad for them.

They don't realize what is about to happen.

If Cousins had issues with Tyreke Evans' shot selection and passing.... man o' man, he ain't seen nothing yet!

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          He is either here for Ross to learn as they have the same game. Or could use Ross as a piece I don't think Ross is going to become Kobe.
                          Sorry Homie, but Salmons was included for Salary sake. Rudy makes over $17M this year so we had to take back at least $12M. He was just their most expendable player with a decent sized expiring deal. Salmons will warm the bench for the rest of year before being cut in the offseason for a measly $1M buyout. He could also be sent out in another trade as his expiring deal will be very attractive to teams trying to get under the cap before the trade deadline.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            Sorry Homie, but Salmons was included for Salary sake. Rudy makes over $17M this year so we had to take back at least $12M. He was just their most expendable player with a decent sized expiring deal. Salmons will warm the bench for the rest of year before being cut in the offseason for a measly $1M buyout. He could also be sent out in another trade as his expiring deal will be very attractive to teams trying to get under the cap before the trade deadline.
                            Or traded to another team looking to cut salary in exchange for another contract and sweetener.

Guaranteed you don't see Masai take any player with a contract extending beyond 2014-15 unless it is a rookie deal.... just guessing here.

2015-16 is what is being geared up for.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              I wish I could be confident that that would be the case but... I can totally see Casey using Salmons as another excuse to bench our young prospects in favor of an "experienced vet". Fucking Casey.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                dumping Lowry is now mandatory as we need to figure out what we got with Vasquez
                                At minimum, we got a capable back up PG or a very good trade chip when the Feb comes around. Lowry needs to go as well. UM has so many options now and I can see him getting us another first round pick (10-15) or 2 first round pick (>15) with all the pieces that are left here. I be very happy if he moves Lowry,DD,Amir, Vasquez, Patterson and Salmon for 2 first round pick by Feb. That would be the ultimate rebuild.

Comment

Working...
                                X