Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gay, Acy & Gray to SAC for Vasquez, Patterson, Hayes & Salmons (Augustin waived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Cleveland still needs a wing.. Salmons for Bennett?
    No way they will do that. However, they might do Waiters for DD if they are really interested in competing now. That being said, they have the pipe dream of Lebron coming over and hence they will try to hold on their Cap flexibility and hence will not sign DD.

Comment

• It's a great deal for us and I hope MU does continue with the trading. I'm a firm believer that with Gay gone and with GV and others in we're a better team, so tanking will be hard. If we want to tank we need to trade away DeRozan and Lowry, preferably for a top 5 pick this summer... which I don't think will happen. More realistic is we get some expiring contracts and maybe a nice prospect in return. At the same time I don't really want to see DeRozan go, I think he's becoming one of the better SGs in this league and although he has his flaws, he can be a very good "3rd" and possibly develop into "the second guy" on a championship team over this season and next if he improves his D.

With Greivis being the pick n roll PG that he is, I can already hear our broadcasters go something like: "...oh there it is again! The GV to JV connection for a slam dunk!..." I hope this means JV is gonna be back on track in terms of development, because with the lineup we used so far this season, it was really counter-productive when it comes to developing JV. I'm excited right now. Hope Ross sees some more minutes too.

On a side note: we play the Kings on Feb. 5 @ Sacramento. Wanna see how it'll work out for Rudy in Sactown.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Cleveland still needs a wing.. Salmons for Bennett?
        lol I think there would be riots in cleveland if that deal was even rumoured.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
          Well not really, they think it can be the long term answer (Cousins n' Gay)
          http://www.kingsfans.com/threads/rud....54571/page-15
          my favourite quote from that thread "I don't think Gay, Cousins and IT can share the floor together unless the NBA changes the rule to allow three balls on the floor at the same time."

other than that though, the rest actually sounds exactly like how toronto reacted when gay arrived here. "Finally we got a real SF, a legit one who is a borderline all star!!!"

kinda sad for all parties really...
          Last edited by iblastoff; Mon Dec 9, 2013, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Jose Calderon, Ed Davis, and a 2nd rounder

FOR

Greivis Vasquez, Patrick Patterson, John Salmons and Chuck Hayes

Not bad Masai
            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Chris Paul think that Greivis Vasquez has all-star potential....

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...rd_grei_5.html

We can dream.

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                Jose Calderon, Ed Davis, Quincy Acy, Aaron Gray and a 2nd rounder

FOR

Greivis Vasquez, Patrick Patterson, John Salmons and Chuck Hayes

Not bad Masai
                Fixed it. Never forget Quincy you guys.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Chris Paul think that Greivis Vasquez has all-star potential....

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...rd_grei_5.html

We can dream.
                  Vazquez is a really good player. I'm actually surprised that New Orleans let him go.

Last year i made a list of starting PG's that are better than Lowry. There was 20-21 of them. Vazquez was on that list.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Vazquez is a really good player. I'm actually surprised that New Orleans let him go.

Last year i made a list of starting PG's that are better than Lowry. There was 20-21 of them. Vazquez was on that list.
                    Vasquez is not that young because he played a full college career. And he has ankle issues.

I think he's a good player too, but I can understand teams not being too attached to him.

Comment

• Ok guys, what's the over/under on Gay getting booed next game in Toronto?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
                        Ok guys, what's the over/under on Gay getting booed next game in Toronto?

I don't see it.

He should be cheered.

He got enough boos while playing for the Raptors.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Vasquez is not that young because he played a full college career. And he has ankle issues.

I think he's a good player too, but I can understand teams not being too attached to him.
                          Vasquez is back up potential moving forward who can start in case of a tank-move or injury.

He is also going to be 27 soon in a month.

I think the potential label can be removed.

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
                            Ok guys, what's the over/under on Gay getting booed next game in Toronto?

There will be boos regardless.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Vasquez is back up potential moving forward who can start in case of a tank-move or injury.

He is also going to be 27 soon in a month.

I think the potential label can be removed.
                                I think Vasquez can start on a good team, but it'd have to be a team where all 4 other starters are pretty damn high up the pecking order league-wide at their position. But generally I think it's more likely he settles into the role of solid back up.

Comment

Working...
                                X