Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gay, Acy & Gray to SAC for Vasquez, Patterson, Hayes & Salmons (Augustin waived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    LOL. Just noticed your avatar - Thomas the Tank Engine. Awesome. If I was a pro-tanker, that would definitely be mine. My kid just can't get enough of it.
    Lol Ya I just changed it.

I've always been a supporter of what's best for the team. Period.
    After this trade, though we won tonight, I see this as a clear sign that we've given up on the Gay in the Toronto thing, and are looking to maximize assets, and give minutes (and shots) back to JV, TRoss, Amir, Fields (apparently Novak?) etc.
    I guess that's been defined 'round these parts as tanking.
    SO all aboard Thomas the Tank Engine!

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      I'd rather have the team win, if that answers any part of your question. But, I wouldn't be upset with tanking, as long as JV and DeRozan are on the roster.
      Yea it did. I feel the same way...

Comment

I like Lowry though. I know you aren't very fond of Lowry, haha.

i LOVE Lowry. I think his game is wrong for us.

Our two bigs are big time PnR players...we need a pass first PG.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
          How much of Amir's contract of 7 million for next year is a guaranteed money ?
          $5 mil

Comment

I like Lowry though. I know you aren't very fond of Lowry, haha.
            I don't mind having Lowry on this team especially if he's playing like this every game. Problem is that it's a contract year for him and if he continues to play well like this, he'll probably demand a high paycheck $8 - 10 mill per year at least. Not sure if Ujiri will be willing to cough up that kinda salary for him...

Comment

• let's pray. better still, he is wearing a tear-away suit with a raps uni underneath and will sub himself in at crucial moments to preserve the tank.

Comment

• There's a lot of rumours floating around that Lowry might be the next one to go.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Anyways, really hope the trade is official when i wake up tomorrow.

Please dont pull a Charlotte Bobcats, Sacramento
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I like Stein's take on the trade, as well as the likelihood of additional moves from the Raptors, possibly starting with Lowry.

LINK: http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...t-done-dealing

Comment

• If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Fun little tidbit about Vasquez: he played with Kevin Durant in high school.

Comment

• Here's a new convenience link:

http://is.gd/raptors2013a

Comment

• Well gentlemen we have finally got the cancer out of town and if last night showed anyone we keep dd and jv. DD had 5 assists and 5 rebs for everyone who says he doesn't pass. I think what really happened is a sense of relief, everyone played a hell of a lot better including lowery. We were very short handed but rose to the challenge for the first time since the Houston loss, Amazing. Everyone is saying this is just the beginning. I think MU will try to make this team a playoff team and hopefully acquire some picks in the process. I cant see him letting dd and jv go for nothing as now is their time to step up. I love this trade for the fact it bring is 2 quality vets for the locker room. Hayes makes jv better instantly for the beatings he will now take in practice, and salmons played for Chicago has playoff exp so it good and they can possibly be moved. But we get a pick and roll guy in Gevis, and PP help with the boards great trade, helps us in more than one way. 1. vets which we need badly2. salary cap3. gets the young guys burn.

Comment

• SI's Point Forward Grades the Trade

http://nba.si.com/2013/12/09/rudy-ga...ramento-kings/

Raps get an A while Sac gets a D.

This paragraph sums it all up very well imo

"This isn’t a “walk on water” move for Ujiri, but he was very smart to pull the trigger without delay. In doing so, he opened up $13 million of cap space and flexibility next summer if Gay picks up his option and all of the incoming pieces, save Hayes, are allowed to move on. Perhaps more important, he erased former executive Bryan Colangelo’s last disastrous act of desperation, thereby giving Raptors fans a little hope that he will spend a bit more wisely than his predecessor. That less than a year of Gay’s services cost the Raptors Ed Davis is lamentable, but such is the cost of bad management."
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                There's a lot of rumours floating around that Lowry might be the next one to go.
                                Well the last thing we would want is a Point Guard controversy ...

Comment

Working...
                                X