Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gay, Acy & Gray to SAC for Vasquez, Patterson, Hayes & Salmons (Augustin waived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought it would never happen, we get a couple of young guys, and Vasquez led the league in assists or was close to a few years ago. We get a young pg, and get lowery out of town as well, he could bring in a young prospect.

Well we finally have the p&r pg who passes first and is big enough to make up for his lack of athleticism, we should be fine going forward now. Thinking we could win a few more games and opt for a fire sales come feb if things are going the right way. It makes us better simply by getting a pick and roll pg and now the young guys can get more burn and open some eyes like all of us have been hoping for.

Comment

• The " Gay Cousins" era

Comment

• Vazquez over Calderon is an upgrade, contracts and age considered.

Patterson vs. Davis is a wash.

And we lost two seconds rounders (Acy and the pick we traded to Memphis).

All in all, I think this could have gone much, much worse. Good job Masai!
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
          JV + Greivis = LOB CITY 2.0????
          JV + Lowry = SLOB CITY since they both apparently have so much body fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tanktalk

Comment

• I will miss you Aaron Gray......

..... and I didn't realize how much until this tweet:

You'll always be our MVP!

Comment

• Assuming:
              - no additional moves
              - Gay picks-up option for next season
              - Salmons is waived ($1M guaranteed next season)
              - Patterson is waived (QO next season)
              - Vasquez signs at QO (no way to predict salary)

Toronto actually saves a little more than $2.8M this season (pro-rated for remainder of season).

Using assumptions noted above, Toronto would save a little more than $10M next season!

Comment

• Amir is probably upset he worked on his summertime 3 and then we got Patterson.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  raptors won't play tonight? Wtf he's talking
                  The Raptors players that are being traded wont play. IE Gay/Acy and Gray out

Twitter character limit strikes again

Comment

• Ditto! Real pro & I wish him well.

Air Gray & King Quincy!! Good luck
                    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• bounty wrote: View Post
                      The " Gay Cousins" era
                      LMAO, shouldn't have been drinking when I read that.. thanks for that haha

Comment

• Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Good news kids:

Raps committed salaries for 2014-15 has dropped to about $52-$53M.

They can do qualifying offers to Patterson and Vasquez and hit the trade market with about $8M in cap space.

It is all about clearing the table for 2015-16.

#tankON
                          CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Assuming:
                          - no additional moves
                          - Gay picks-up option for next season
                          - Salmons is waived ($1M guaranteed next season)
                          - Patterson is waived (QO next season)
                          - Vasquez signs at QO (no way to predict salary)

Toronto actually saves a little more than $2.8M this season (pro-rated for remainder of season).

Using assumptions noted above, Toronto would save a little more than $10M next season!
                          Right you are.

Screaming kids and excited trade news made me mess up numbers.

Raps create about $12.3M assuming Vasquez, Patterson not kept and Salmons waived.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            I guess God changed his mind and wants Salmons to play in Toronto afterall...
                            now that made me laugh

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

TSN is reporting Buycks will be waived.

Comment

• A Quick Take On The Gay Deal:

The Trade:
                                To Toronto:
                                John Salmons
                                Patrick Patterson
                                Chuck Hayes
                                Greivis Vasquez
                                To Sacramento:
                                Rudy Gay
                                Quincy Acy
                                White Panther (fine…Aaron Gray)

Wondering what to think about this deal? Take it from someone who condemned Colangelo the second we acquired Gay (and took heat about it during Rudy’s mini hot streak following the deal), this is a good move for the franchise. While nothing surprises me when it comes to dealing with the ineptitude that is the Sacramento front office, the fact that the Kings were willing to go ahead and acquire Gay with the knowledge that he is likely to pick up his player option worth 19+ million dollars for next year is still shocking. Now, as for Raptor fans who may not recognize many of the names the Raptors will receive in return, I first ask you to exhale. The Rudy experiment is over, and hopefully we will never be asked to watch someone take so many ill-advised midrange jumpers again. Okay, aside from DeMar. Now, let’s go through the trade piece by piece to analyze the Raptors haul, and how this affects their direction.
                                John Salmons: Salmons is a microwave off the bench, albeit one who rarely turns on anymore. More importantly, he is due 7 million dollars next year, the final year of his contract, only ONE of which is guaranteed. The Raps can buy Salmons out for a million dollars after this year. John, I wouldn’t go ahead and buy a condo in Toronto…
                                Patrick Patterson: Patterson is still young, and has only this year remaining on his deal at 3 million dollars, before he sees Restricted Free Agency. Again, Patrick….you are not long for these shores. He’s a nice bench piece for the front court, although with Tyler and Amir on board already, Patrick should probably get a comfortable cushion for his bench chair.
                                Chuck Hayes: 6 million dollars left on his deal. Pretty much the LeBron James of the water cooler scene. Only one year left on his deal.
                                Greivis Vasquez: By far the most talented player of the bunch, Vasquez is a nice backup PG option who has a great assist/turnover ratio. Moreover, his rookie contract heads to Restricted Free Agency after this year at a little over 2 million dollars per year. He is a really nice trade chip, who comes at a low cost.
                                What does this mean for the Raptors:
                                Well, when looking at the haul Masai was content in receiving, this trade signifies Masai’s commitment to tanking (YES!) this year, and looking ahead to the draft. Most importantly, this trade (assuming Rudy picks up his absurd 19 million dollar option for next year) has the potential to save the Raptors roughly 11 million dollars next year in cap space, depending on how they use the players they recieved. This trade also hints at Masai’s next move, which revolves around the PG position. Having Vazquez and Lowry allows Ujiri to move one of the two trade chips, both of whom have some value around the league. Look for Lowry or Vazquez to be gone within the next month or so, as the team begins to spiral towards the coveted bottom of the standings. Also, look for DeMar to have more freedom within the offense, which has the potential to increase his trade value before the deadline. Unfortunately, this move will NOT fix Dwane Casey’s ineptitude, which should actually be cheered, as he helps steer us towards Andrew, Jabari, and Julius.
                                Folks, steady your hard-hats, this tank is about to roll.
                                (I’m hoping all my NBA contract research is correct, these things are actually quite complex).
                                TANK...OR DIE TRYING.

Comment

Working...
                                X