Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gay, Acy & Gray to SAC for Vasquez, Patterson, Hayes & Salmons (Augustin waived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I could see Salmons & Hayes getting flipped against at the deadline, since they likely won't factor in to the team's long-term plans.

Also, the team needs to cut a player to get down to 15.
    Yeah, I can see that too. I can see a whole bunch of new options now for Masai. I think that was the point of this deal in the end.

And that's why it happened now. It gives him time before Dec 15 to have new discussions around the league and reassess what move to make next, even if it he's just slightly altering a deal he was already discussing.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Dec 8, 2013, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Vasquez had an amazing year last year. He would probably get more out JV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Holy shit he's gone!!!!!!
        "Masai WILL win us a championship"
        - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Vasquez had an amazing year last year. He would probably get more out JV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          not only JV!

Comment

Love the trade! But I'm sad that Acy is going.
            A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

plz tweet.

#MessiahUjiri

Comment

Lol can't wait to see what Devlin and Armstrong say about the trade.
                OG is our king

Comment

Liking this deal more the more I look at it.

Patterson brings a completely different dimension at PF with his ability to stretch the floor (.340 career 3pt). He was a lotto pick in 2010, is only 24, and has been getting better each season. He's a nice addition to the big man rotation now and into the future.

Vasquez was similarly a 2010 first round pick. He also has been improving each season. He's also a good 3pt shooter (.342 last year). He'll do a fine job filling in as the starter when Lowry is traded and he'll be a good option for backup PG in the future.

I expect Fields to start at SF tonight. Hopefully the trade results in more burn for Ross and not a ton of minutes for Salmons.

Comment

Bye Rudy and also bye Kyle. My feeling about this trade, goes something like this:

“The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                        Lol can't wait to see what Devlin and Armstrong say about the trade.
                        Don't forget Leo! #experts

Comment

• To be honest I was really hoping for a Bobcats or Cavs trade

but I guess this gives us an idea of what Gay's value was on the market

I'm thinking MU values Vasquez because the reported pistons offer earlier in the year was just as comparable

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                            ahhahahahahaha

good one

Comment

• also it's funny ... because (I think) we actually offered salmons a better contract to play for the raptors when he was a free agent but he didn't want to play here

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                It will be interesting to see how DeRozan handles the move, and how he performs being the new primary focus of both the offense and the opposition's defense.
                                Indeed.

Honestly, I'm not optimistic. More trades coming?

Raps don't have a wing who can handle the ball outside of Salmons now.

DD has become better but he still runs smack in to wall at the sight of a second defender.

Comment

Working...
                                X