No announcement yet.

The biggest fear for those hoping for a top pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be a good idea to ship Amir out. If anyone on this roster can produce wins besides Lowry, its Amir

Comment

Lowry/Fields/Amir for Pau Gasol
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I think the market for Lowry is a first round pick (top 12 protected). That's what Phoenix got for Gortat. The question is who has a top 12 protected pick to offer that also needs a backup PG?

Right now the teams that are in 11-18 range are:

Minnesota, Charlotte, Boston, Memphis, NOLA, Washington, Detroit, LAL.

Things will change but of this list only Charlotte and Boston have 2014 first round picks to offer.. and neither really need a backup PG to get them over a hump.

It will be difficult for MU to get a 15th pick in my opinion. Not impossible, but not easy.

*EDIT - was looking at the standings top down not bottom up.
        Last edited by planetmars; Mon Dec 9, 2013, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Some good bottom-feeder matchups this week (Mon-Fri):

Orlando at Memphis (Mon)
          NY at Cleveland (Tue)
          Boston at Brooklyn (Tue)
          Orlando at Charlotte (Wed)
          Utah at Sacramento (Wed)
          Cleveland at Orlando (Fri)
          Philadelphia at Toronto (Fri)*
          NY at Boston (Fri)
          Sacramento at Phoenix (Fri)

* Toronto also hosts San Antonio (Tue)

Several other matchups between Eastern 'bubble teams' as well, so the gap between contenders/pretenders in the EC could widen this week by a few games.

Come the weekend, the bottom of the league standings could be looking a little different.

Comment

after looking at our options... I think we gotta go after Charlotte hard with trade talks. They have 3 2014 1st Round Picks. MKG is not playing up to standards, Lowry, DeMar and Amir would seriously upgrade their chances at that.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Cleveland seems to be the only other Bubble Team worth chasing for deals.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                Might be a good idea to ship Amir out. If anyone on this roster can produce wins besides Lowry, its Amir
                Amir has been our MVP for the past few seasons.. last night proved how valuable he can be. He's 26 and probably won't be as useful in 2/3 years when we hopefully start contending.

I'd be okay with an Amir trade as long as he can return a guaranteed top 10 pick or be packaged in a trade to net a top 20 player with youth on their side. Not sure a team would be willing to do that though so I'd be happier to keep him. Similar to how I feel with any DeMar trade.

Comment

you would NEVER get a top ten pick in exchange for Amir.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    you would NEVER get a top ten pick in exchange for Amir.
                    Yeah probably not.. but in my opinion he's that valuable a player.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Amir has been our MVP for the past few seasons.. last night proved how valuable he can be. He's 26 and probably won't be as useful in 2/3 years when we hopefully start contending...
                      Bigs don't start dropping off as quickly as wings or guards, since they don't count as much on speed. Amir could keep getting stronger for the next couple of years, and combine that with increased experience and positional intelligence and I don't see ANY significant drop-off in the next three years. In addition, he seems to be very durable. Something you like to have in your bigs. The question you need to ask is how hard would he be to replace, with his efficiency, attitude and pay cheque.

Comment

ESPN ranked Toronto 4th in their tank-rank. I hope this is realistic.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                          ESPN ranked Toronto 4th in their tank-rank. I hope this is realistic.
                          honk

Comment

I'd have no problem moving Amir, DD, hell, anybody, even JV.

I've said it before, but, if they can pull in good returns, such as 2014 First Round Picks (Top 10), and maybe something even along the lines of a Late First Rounder/Young Prospect, or anything that is worth it, I'd ship them out.

I mean, could we see Lowry going for a Mid-First Rounder, DD for a Mid/Late First Rounder & Prospect, Amir...I think we'd be really hopeful in saying we'd get a Late-First Rounder for him.

Hell, i'd even ship Ross out, if we could grab something decent for him, and even JV if that could nearly guarantee us a Top 5-Pick in the Draft.

I have NO problem blowing the team up completely, if it nets us some serious picks this year, for re-rebuilding. There is not a better year to rebuild through the Draft, than this.

Comment

In reflecting on the apparent value of draft picks this season, ahead of the 2014 draft, I became even more irked at BC's decision to include a 2nd round pick with Haddadi for Telfair. With both Toronto and Sacramento appearing destined to finish in the bottom-10 (at least), that means that a pick in the mid-low 30's will be going to Phoenix. How valuable an asset would that be as trade bait this year, at the deadline and at the draft? The Raps could've had 2 picks in the 30's, to either use to help the rebuild or as trade bait/sweetener. For what, Telfair??? Haddadi was expiring anyway... jeesh!

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
                                I'd have no problem moving Amir, DD, hell, anybody, even JV.

I've said it before, but, if they can pull in good returns, such as 2014 First Round Picks (Top 10), and maybe something even along the lines of a Late First Rounder/Young Prospect, or anything that is worth it, I'd ship them out.

I mean, could we see Lowry going for a Mid-First Rounder, DD for a Mid/Late First Rounder & Prospect, Amir...I think we'd be really hopeful in saying we'd get a Late-First Rounder for him.

Hell, i'd even ship Ross out, if we could grab something decent for him, and even JV if that could nearly guarantee us a Top 5-Pick in the Draft.

I have NO problem blowing the team up completely, if it nets us some serious picks this year, for re-rebuilding. There is not a better year to rebuild through the Draft, than this.
                                The more I think about this Gay trade and everything MU said in his press conference today, I really think he's planning a 2-year rebuild, starting this offseason.

2013-14 - dismantle BC's mess

2014 draft - begin the rebuild

2014-15 - continue the rebuild, development of young players

2015 draft - continue the rebuild

2015-16 - continue building, development of young players, ahead of being competitive next season

2016 draft - final step in building (remember, Toronto has a 2nd pick from either Denver or NY)

2016-2017 - start competing with a good young team, built to be a perennial contender

Comment

Working...
                                X