2014 Free Agent Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Thabo Sefolosha won't be back with the Thunder next year I'm pretty sure. I think he would be a really good pickup, starting alongside DD with TRoss as the backup wing. What I would do also is draft Tyler Ennis with the 20th pick and draft a center with the 37th pick.

Valanciunas/Hansbrough/Rookie
    Johnson/Patterson/Hayes
    Sefolosha/Fields/Novak
    DeRozan/Ross/De Colo
    Lowry/Vasquez/Ennis
    Sefolosha wasn't getting any minutes in OKC because he's nothing else beside a decent defender. Every 3pt he shoots is wide open and his % is at ,316. He also is 30 years old. Screw that imo.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
      Sefolosha wasn't getting any minutes in OKC because he's nothing else beside a decent defender. Every 3pt he shoots is wide open and his % is at ,316. He also is 30 years old. Screw that imo.
      I'd take Losha over the wild salmon any day. At least he's a good defender and athletic

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        I'd take Losha over the wild salmon any day. At least he's a good defender and athletic
        Yeah problem is Salmons isn't on the books anymore, while we'd be giving Thabo a new contract.

Zero interest in Sefolosha, people need to stop thinking about Joe Johnson when making suggestions for signings.

Comment

• Sefolosha is a guard anyway, I don't see why we would want him at all. He doesn't bring anything more than Fields does, except he's bad at shooting instead of terrible. And Fields brings a lot more elsewhere, and we're stuck with him anyway.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Lowry signing for his cap hold is hardly impossible. On a 5 year deal that's 10.7M per year. On a 4 year deal it is 10.4M. So projections are between 10-12M, meaning his cap hold is a pretty good ballpark for his starting salary.

Not that I'm personally interested in using cap space this year. But I don't think the Raptors are forced not to. Nor do I think being able to offer a 4 year, 38.4M contract is anything to sneeze at.
            I suppose we'll see. The Lowry 5 year / 10.7 mil number is closer to what I expect him to get but I'm not a fan of a backloaded 5 year contract for Lowry. I think your other numbers in this post are optimistic. I think you'd need much more than that to have a shot at Hayward.

Also, I'd detest this plan. In principle, you'd be giving Lowry year 5 just to make this Hayward offer which I'm sure Utah would match. This is playing the long odds, and it would be a clusterfuck waiting to happen.

If Hayward was a realistic target, I would want the team to use its cap space this summer. Why not. He's a very good piece. There would still be a lot of cap space in future years. But I don't see how it's realistic.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              I suppose we'll see. The Lowry 5 year / 10.7 mil number is closer to what I expect him to get but I'm not a fan of a backloaded 5 year contract for Lowry. I think your other numbers in this post are optimistic. I think you'd need much more than that to have a shot at Hayward.

Also, I'd detest this plan. In principle, you'd be giving Lowry year 5 just to make this Hayward offer which I'm sure Utah would match. This is playing the long odds, and it would be a clusterfuck waiting to happen.

If Hayward was a realistic target, I would want the team to use its cap space this summer. Why not. He's a very good piece. There would still be a lot of cap space in future years. But I don't see how it's realistic.
              With you there. I don't see the Raptors being players in free agency this year. Ujiri seems more like a conservative GM, making solid moves until there's a risk worth taking. If Colangelo was still here I'd fully expect to see Fields and Hayes stretched and a huge offer made to a player like Monroe or Parsons.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Summer FA prediction
                - LeBron James will resign with the Heat
                - Carmelo Anthony will sign and trade with the Rockets (Thus the Asik/Lin Trade)
                - Chris Bosh will resign with the Heat
                - Dwayne Wade will resign with the Heat
                - Dirk Nowitzki will resign with the Mavs
                - Tim Duncan will resign with the Spurs but depends, if he wins the championship, he may declare retirement
                - Kyle Lowry will 50-50 resign with the Raptors or sign in trade with Knicks (Melo), Lakers (Fillers + Pick), Bulls (Boozer + Pick)
                - Eric Bledsoe will resign with the Suns
                - Luol Deng will sign with the Jazz, Suns, or Pistons
                - Greg Monroe will sign with the Hawks, Lakers, or Celtics
                - Pau Gasol will resign with the Lakers
                - Zach Randolph will sign with the Jazz, Sixers, or back with the Grizzlies
                - Lance Stephenson will resign with the Pacers
                - Rudy Gay will sign with the Clippers, Jazz, Wizards or back with the Kings
                - Paul Pierce will resign with the Nets (No Clippers - guarantee)
                - Gordon Hayward will sign with the Cavs, Sixers, Wizards or back with he Jazz
                - Marcin Gortat will resign with the Wizards
                - Isaiah Thomas will resign with the Kings
                - Avery Bradley will resign with the Celtics
                - Evan Turner will sign with the Hawks, Warriors, Nuggets or back with the Pacers
                - Spencer Hawes will sign with the Raptors, Wizards, Traiblazers or back with the Cavs
                - Shawn Marion will resign with the Mavs
                - Shaun Livingston will resign with the Nets
                - Vince Carter will sign with the Raptors, Bobcats, or back with the Mavs
                - Nick Young will resign with the Lakers
                - Josh McRoberts will resign with the Bobcats
                - Nate Robinson will sign with the Wizards, Bobcats, Spurs or back with the Nuggets
                - Rodney Stuckey will probably play in Euro or Asia-League
                - Andrei Kirilenko will resign with the Nets
                - Andray Blatche will resign with the Nets
                - Channing Frye will be traded or waived
                - Danny Granger will be traded or waived
                - Grevais Vazquez will either sign back with the Raptors or go to any team that will lure Kevin Durant in 06, probably a team with a poor starting SF
                - Ray Allen will sign with the Thunder or perhaps the Bucks and play one more year before retirement and become HOF
                - Kris Humphries will be traded or waived
                - Mario Chalmers will resign with the Heat
                - Boris Diaw will resign with the Spurs
                - Jodie Meeks will be traded or waived
                - Ramon Sessions will be traded or waived
                - Marvin Williams will be traded or waived
                - Ed Davis will be traded or waived
                - Patrick Mills will be traded or waived
                - Caron Butler will be traded or waived
                - Kirk Hinrich will be traded or waived
                - Patrick Patterson will resign with the Raptors

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                  Summer FA prediction
                  - LeBron James will resign with the Heat
                  - Carmelo Anthony will sign and trade with the Rockets (Thus the Asik/Lin Trade)
                  - Chris Bosh will resign with the Heat
                  - Dwayne Wade will resign with the Heat
                  - Dirk Nowitzki will resign with the Mavs
                  - Tim Duncan will resign with the Spurs but depends, if he wins the championship, he may declare retirement
                  - Kyle Lowry will 50-50 resign with the Raptors or sign in trade with Knicks (Melo), Lakers (Fillers + Pick), Bulls (Boozer + Pick)
                  - Eric Bledsoe will resign with the Suns
                  - Luol Deng will sign with the Jazz, Suns, or Pistons
                  - Greg Monroe will sign with the Hawks, Lakers, or Celtics
                  - Pau Gasol will resign with the Lakers
                  - Zach Randolph will sign with the Jazz, Sixers, or back with the Grizzlies
                  - Lance Stephenson will resign with the Pacers
                  - Rudy Gay will sign with the Clippers, Jazz, Wizards or back with the Kings
                  - Paul Pierce will resign with the Nets (No Clippers - guarantee)
                  - Gordon Hayward will sign with the Cavs, Sixers, Wizards or back with he Jazz
                  - Marcin Gortat will resign with the Wizards
                  - Isaiah Thomas will resign with the Kings
                  - Avery Bradley will resign with the Celtics
                  - Evan Turner will sign with the Hawks, Warriors, Nuggets or back with the Pacers
                  - Spencer Hawes will sign with the Raptors, Wizards, Traiblazers or back with the Cavs
                  - Shawn Marion will resign with the Mavs
                  - Shaun Livingston will resign with the Nets
                  - Vince Carter will sign with the Raptors, Bobcats, or back with the Mavs
                  - Nick Young will resign with the Lakers
                  - Josh McRoberts will resign with the Bobcats
                  - Nate Robinson will sign with the Wizards, Bobcats, Spurs or back with the Nuggets
                  - Rodney Stuckey will probably play in Euro or Asia-League
                  - Andrei Kirilenko will resign with the Nets
                  - Andray Blatche will resign with the Nets
                  - Channing Frye will be traded or waived
                  - Danny Granger will be traded or waived
                  - Grevais Vazquez will either sign back with the Raptors or go to any team that will lure Kevin Durant in 06, probably a team with a poor starting SF
                  - Ray Allen will sign with the Thunder or perhaps the Bucks and play one more year before retirement and become HOF
                  - Kris Humphries will be traded or waived
                  - Mario Chalmers will resign with the Heat
                  - Boris Diaw will resign with the Spurs
                  - Jodie Meeks will be traded or waived
                  - Ramon Sessions will be traded or waived
                  - Marvin Williams will be traded or waived
                  - Ed Davis will be traded or waived
                  - Patrick Mills will be traded or waived
                  - Caron Butler will be traded or waived
                  - Kirk Hinrich will be traded or waived
                  - Patrick Patterson will resign with the Raptors
                  so basically.. all these free agents will sign with an NBA team?

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                    so basically.. all these free agents will sign with an NBA team?
                    Or be waived, duh! haha

Comment

• Even though this is a free agent topic, but one of our need is rim protection, after Serge Ibaka went down you can just see how desperately Thunders playing without him. I would seek a trade for Charlotte's Bismack Biyombo, a similar typo player as to Ibaka, lack of playing time and showcase opportunities there, so it wouldn't cost us that much to get him.

For the free agents, I will go Luol Deng, Dajuan Blaire, Ed Davis and of course Vinsanity!
                      Last edited by Eric Montross 00; Thu Jun 5, 2014, 02:46 AM.

Comment

• Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post
                        Even though this is a free agent topic, but one of our need is rim protection, after Serge Ibaka went down you can just see how desperately Thunders playing without him. I would seek a trade for Charlotte's Bismack Biyombo, a similar typo player as to Ibaka, lack of playing time and showcase opportunities there, so it wouldn't cost us that much to get him.

For the free agents, I will go Luol Deng, Dajuan Blaire, Ed Davis and of course Vinsanity!
                        Bismack Biyombo would be a solid addition and fill a need, but not sure how that trade would go down.

Comment

Working...
                        X