X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed Davis
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I would have no problem keeping Vasquez as our 2nd string PG.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I pretty much agree except with the last part. If Utah doesn't land a top choice, likely taking Parker if they can, then they will likely match offers for Hayward. If they land Parker, I could see them matching only if it is not an overpay, otherwise I think they might let him walk.
        It would have to be a significant overpay for Utah not to match and I don't want the Raps to be the team over-paying.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          It would have to be a significant overpay for Utah not to match and I don't want the Raps to be the team over-paying.
          I don't think we have to worry about over paying anymore. MU has shown that he can manage salaries by maintaining cap flexibility and valuable trade assets. Dumping Gay this early in the season has significantly increased his ability to make moves going forward and I doubt that he will hand cuff himself by overpaying anyone.

I'm interested to see what he can get for Lowry. I think there are way more opportunities to move him and wouldn't be surprised to see a packaged deal sent from TO involving 3 or 4 teams. #inMUwetrust
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

I think the cap space created is for flexibility in future trades as we know MU is not done. This just opens more options for when Lowry is traded or if sadly demar is traded. But it could also be for Amir/novak trades so they can get that pick plus a longer contract or take on a bad contract and get a pick with it. Just opens so many more options while getting rid of rudy gay.

Comment

Rudy Gay!

Comment

FREE AGENCY WISH LIST

1. Ed Davis
                2. Jordan Hamilton
                3. Patty Mills
                4. Jordan Hill
                5. Trade for bad contracts and picks

1. Corey Joseph
                2. Reggie Jackson
                3. Jimmy Butler
                4. Chandler Parsons

Comment

red monkey wrote: View Post
                  FREE AGENCY WISH LIST

1. Ed Davis
                  2. Jordan Hamilton
                  3. Patty Mills
                  4. Jordan Hill

1. Corey Joseph
                  2. Reggie Jackson
                  3. Jimmy Butler
                  4. Chandler Parsons
                  That's your wish list?
                  What are you hoping to get for Christmas? Socks?

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                    That's your wish list?
                    What are you hoping to get for Christmas? Socks?
                    Scrooge!

Comment

Think we gotta wait till the draft to see who's truly a viable option. If we get lucky and land a top 3, we'll most likely end up with a 3, ( wiggins /parker) if we wall a little lower we take one of the PGs ( Exum, Smart). After that we can zero in on who we're looking for.

I think Bledsoe will be our main target considering we almost traded DeRozan for him ( rightfully so ). Then after that a vet like deng possibly if we land the right draft pick and feel we can start winning right away.

Comment

Bledsoe is awesome as a Sun this season.

Comment

C-Low wrote: View Post
                          Think we gotta wait till the draft to see who's truly a viable option. If we get lucky and land a top 3, we'll most likely end up with a 3, ( wiggins /parker) if we wall a little lower we take one of the PGs ( Exum, Smart). After that we can zero in on who we're looking for.

I think Bledsoe will be our main target considering we almost traded DeRozan for him ( rightfully so ). Then after that a vet like deng possibly if we land the right draft pick and feel we can start winning right away.
                          No. No. I don't want anymore "accelerated rebuilds" Colangelo. Deng is well past his prime but will still have a market. We need value signings, not buying names.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Fair enough, but Deng( for the right price) could be super valuable to teaching young guys how to win and get through tough games and such. Our biggest problem is giving up games we're clearly in control of for 3 quarters or losing to teams we should beat. Those intangibles that young players normally need to learn from vets. I definitely agree with you on the accelerated rebuild.

I'd also like to see a back up big like Jordan Hill on the squad.

Comment

C-Low wrote: View Post
                              Fair enough, but Deng( for the right price) could be super valuable to teaching young guys how to win and get through tough games and such. Our biggest problem is giving up games we're clearly in control of for 3 quarters or losing to teams we should beat. Those intangibles that young players normally need to learn from vets. I definitely agree with you on the accelerated rebuild.

I'd also like to see a back up big like Jordan Hill on the squad.
                              Deng would be great for the right price, I just highly doubt that the price is going to be right. Deng will sign with a contender for a good deal or to a mid-tier team for more money. Raps are neither.

There's nothing wrong with Jordan Hill but not exactly moving the needle.

Free Agency will entirely depend on who we get via trades and the draft. If we draft a Julius Randle, then we need to sign a vet big who knows how to use body positioning to create space. If we draft Dante Exum, then we need a veteran ball handler to help read the court. If we draft a Gary Harris, then a veteran shooter or off-ball guy to teach him to take advantage of open spaces. Until we know more of our roster, I cannot name a single free agent worth considering.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                                Deng would be great for the right price, I just highly doubt that the price is going to be right. Deng will sign with a contender for a good deal or to a mid-tier team for more money. Raps are neither.

There's nothing wrong with Jordan Hill but not exactly moving the needle.

Free Agency will entirely depend on who we get via trades and the draft. If we draft a Julius Randle, then we need to sign a vet big who knows how to use body positioning to create space. If we draft Dante Exum, then we need a veteran ball handler to help read the court. If we draft a Gary Harris, then a veteran shooter or off-ball guy to teach him to take advantage of open spaces. Until we know more of our roster, I cannot name a single free agent worth considering.
                                The bold is exactly why I hope the Raps bring in a veteran backup C, via trade or free agency, to help mentor Valanciunas. It's sad that the best mentor he's had while in Toronto is Gray, which could be part of the problem with his slower-than-expected development. The coaching staff is one thing, but ongoing advice from a respected, talented veteran goes a long way.

Comment

Working...
                                X