No announcement yet.

2014 Free Agent Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parsons is the only guy on that list that interest me but i'm pretty sure the Rockets will pick up his option.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      The bold is exactly why I hope the Raps bring in a veteran backup C, via trade or free agency, to help mentor Valanciunas. It's sad that the best mentor he's had while in Toronto is Gray, which could be part of the problem with his slower-than-expected development. The coaching staff is one thing, but ongoing advice from a respected, talented veteran goes a long way.
      Agreed. Aaron Gray's only attribute was strength, so he could help JV muscle through a defender. Whether that has happened is a different debate.

Guys on my short list for working with JV - Nazr Mohammed (cheap), Dante Cunningham, Elton Brand. None are great move the needle guys (and to be honest, trading might be the better route based on the list of names to choose from) but Mohammed is a smart defender, Cunningham is a pretty good defender who JV couldn't use speed to beat (opposite of Aaron Gray) and Brand is such a polished low post guy.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Spencer Hawes, Ariza, and Hinrich. And another filler like Brandon Rush.

PG. (re-sign one of lowry or vasquez)/Hinrich
        SG. DeRozan/Ross/Rush
        SF. Ariza/Rush/Salmons
        PF. Amir/Hansbrough(or by some miracle draft Julius Randle)
        C. Hawes/JV

I think these are realistic signings that solve some of the teams problems like defence, 3-point shooting, and ball movement.

Comment

As other's have said, I wouldn't really want to see TO go after any of those names (unless it was a great contract - not likely), but would love to see TO pull a trade similar to the Jrue Holiday trade at the draft last year. Hopefully Demar gets a bump in his PPG, which would ideally get him into the all star game. (How often do top 10 ppg guys miss the ASG?) Based on the quality of this upcoming draft, instead of 6th and future first round pick like Philly got, maybe its #11-15 and a future first round pick.

Seems like a great way to start the asset accumulation phase of building a contender.

Comment

I'd look for short term quality role players on value contracts. Basically guys who won't contribute to wins on their own but are young enough that you can get an idea if they are suited for filling out a roster as role players when you (hopefully) have some franchise talent and can grow with them.

Al-Farouq Aminu
            Vasquez
            Jordan Hamilton
            Ed Davis

Those are the only ones that come to mind.

Guys who I'd love but think they'd be too expensive:

Chandler Parsons
            Isaiah Thomas
            Lance Stephenson
            Gordon Hayward (as a 1st option on the wing, put him next to an elite wing - hell yeah)
            Spencer Hawes

Comment

I don't like Spencer Hawes because of his politics... He's a tea party conservative. Which makes me question not just his bball IQ, but his actual IQ
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                All of a sudden, we've got some cap flexibility to work with this summer. Now I realize that there are likely more moves ahead, but linked is the list of 2014 NBA free agents:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/99...ents-2014-2015

Some notables:

- Luol Deng
                - Greg Monroe (restricted)
                - Chandler Parsons (team option)
                - Darren Collision (player option)
                - Zach Randolph (player option)
                - Eric Bledsoe (restricted)
                - Matt Bonner
                - Gordan Hayward (restricted)
                - Marcin Gortat
                Really?

Guy's worse than Novak.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  Really?

Guy's worse than Novak.
                  I like calling him Matt Boner for fun

Comment

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                      At the moment, it appears like the Raptors might have cap space to spend this summer, but this can easily change in the next two months. Ujiri could take on some additional salary that carries into next year, in order to add assets. Lowry is currently an expiring contract. Could Ujiri take on a contract that doesn't expire until the end of the 2014-2015 season, in order to add a young prospect and draft pick?

Salmons is also an expiring contract as only $1mil of his salary for next season is guaranteed. Salmons could be an attractive piece to a team that is wanting to add some additional cap space for this summer.

I think it's great to have a place to start talking about players who will/could be free agents next summer, but to say that the Raptors will have a set amount of cap space is a bit premature for me. It's also possible that they could have more if a player like DeRozan is traded for an expiring.

Of the players who are set to be free agents, Bledsoe is one I would take a run at. But I can't see any way that Phoenix lets him walk.
                      I would love Bledsoe as well, but he's going to have either max or near max offers thrown his way. I don't think he is the player that we should be reserving that money for.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        I would love Bledsoe as well, but he's going to have either max or near max offers thrown his way. I don't think he is the player that we should be reserving that money for.
                        Nope, I agree. For once I'd love to see patience.

Build through the top end of two drafts, 2014 and 2015, before looking for major pieces in free agency in '15 and '16.

Comment

Eric Bledsoe.... List ends there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            All of a sudden, we've got some cap flexibility to work with this summer. Now I realize that there are likely more moves ahead, but linked is the list of 2014 NBA free agents:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/99...ents-2014-2015

Some notables:

- Luol Deng
                            - Greg Monroe (restricted)
                            - Chandler Parsons (team option)
                            - Darren Collision (player option)
                            - Zach Randolph (player option)
                            - Eric Bledsoe (restricted)
                            - Matt Bonner
                            - Gordan Hayward (restricted)
                            - Marcin Gortat
                            Having the cap space is one thing, but unless something has changed in how players view the city or the franchise we won't have much of any luck attracting free agents. The more likely scenario is acquiring players through trades, so you have to narrow (or open up) the list down to players on teams that need to make salary dumps.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Eric Bledsoe.... List ends there.

Another accelerated rebuild?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Another accelerated rebuild?
                                The sooner the losing stops the better.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment