Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-Chi

To Chicago: Kyle Lowry, Amir Johnson, Tyler Hansbrough
    To Toronto: Carlos Boozer, Chicago's 2014 pick, Charlotte's 2014 pick (protected)

WHY CHICAGO DOES THIS: They want to get rid of Boozer's contract so badly they were trying to trade him for Andrea Bargnani earlier this year. Amir + Kyle + Tyler is much, much better for them than Bargs is: Amir replaces Boozer's functionality in Chicago's frontcourt, Tyler is a capable backup big, Lowry is the replacement Derrick Rose until Rose comes back. Chicago turns Boozer's nearly $17M salary next year into Kyle's nothing, Amir's 7 (only 5 guaranteed) and Tyler's 3 (only 1 guaranteed). For a team looking to replace Boozer with Nikola Mirotic and then sign a big free agent, this is a pretty sweet deal.

WHY TORONTO DOES THIS: Two first-round picks. Boozer's salary is meaningless to us next year since Masai is building for 2016 - which means Boozer becomes a huge expiring salary next year and effectively turns into an asset. Removing Lowry and Amir and Hansbrough kills Toronto's D, particularly given that Boozer will play PF going forward, and that helps the tank. But really, it's about the two first-round picks.

magoon wrote: View Post
    To Chicago: Kyle Lowry, Amir Johnson, Tyler Hansbrough
    To Toronto: Carlos Boozer, Chicago's 2014 pick, Charlotte's 2014 pick (protected)

WHY CHICAGO DOES THIS: They want to get rid of Boozer's contract so badly they were trying to trade him for Andrea Bargnani earlier this year. Amir + Kyle + Tyler is much, much better for them than Bargs is: Amir replaces Boozer's functionality in Chicago's frontcourt, Tyler is a capable backup big, Lowry is the replacement Derrick Rose until Rose comes back. Chicago turns Boozer's nearly $17M salary next year into Kyle's nothing, Amir's 7 (only 5 guaranteed) and Tyler's 3 (only 1 guaranteed). For a team looking to replace Boozer with Nikola Mirotic and then sign a big free agent, this is a pretty sweet deal.

WHY TORONTO DOES THIS: Two first-round picks. Boozer's salary is meaningless to us next year since Masai is building for 2016 - which means Boozer becomes a huge expiring salary next year and effectively turns into an asset. Removing Lowry and Amir and Hansbrough kills Toronto's D, particularly given that Boozer will play PF going forward, and that helps the tank. But really, it's about the two first-round picks.
    Not really or else mu could have kept gay not traded for a salary dump

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I like this deal.

I'm not sure Chicago needs both Amir & Hansborough, although I suppose it gives them more options on the 2nd unit instead of playing Mohammed at backup C.

I would be fine with Toronto including 1 or 2 2014 2nd round picks (ideally just OKC's 2014 2nd round pick), if it meant getting both 2014 1st round picks.

Comment

I'd do it, begrudgingly.

Begrudgingly because i love Amir and despise Boozer but realize this deal would work for everyone.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I like it.

Pretty well thought out. I'd hate to give up Amir, but, he's somebody that should help net us some good return back, because of his contract and the way he's playing right now.

Three First Rounders in 2014?! Damn. How protected is the Charlotte Pick?

They're not looking like a lottery pick this year, are they? (Can't check, China internet is slow!)

Comment

Charlotte's pick is top-10 protected this year and they're playing quite well. They need a piece or two, maybe, but they've got a good, mostly young team developing together and playing very solid defense. They're actually a good shot to make playoffs.

Comment

That is a nice offer. My only issue is bringing Boozer, but that's simply a Duke hate thing. Anything that adds picks I am on board with. This seems like the most reasonable i have seen yet
              Ball Don't Lie

Comment

Working...
              X