Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ujiri Press Conference & aftermath

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Barnes has more talent.
    Rudy has more talent too.

Well, I agree with you, but in order this to happen, we need to change what we have right now which probably isn't possible if we actually going for T Mode.

JV is raw. His mistakes are so silly and he plays like he forgot about fundamental basics. I have a feeling that JV will be way more expensive than Barnes by the next season. ( or vice versa if JV can't find his game. )

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

VOD links added to OP.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Last year, after years of torturing myself I made a wise decision. I stopped following Doug 'the elitist fucking douche bag' Smith. I stopped reading his shitty ass blogs and I deleted him from twitter. Today I cracked and read his mot recent blog and I hate myself for it. He's so condescending and elitist in his writing. Gawd I can't stand him.

I know this has nothing to do with the thread but I needed an outlet to vent so, thanks #tanknation
    Dont stop there now...how about your feelings for super son?

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I Am So Freakin' Pumped About the Raptors Right Now. How 'Bout You?

Okay. MU says at his press conference discussing the RG trade that the Raptors would not be stuck in No Person's Land (tip of the hat to lilmamba) and a reporter asks him "How can you be sure of that?" And Masai looks at him like the driver of a Grey Coach bus with "Halifax" on the front banner being asked "How do you know you are going to Halifax." He says "Trust me I know." But what he means is "Are you brain dead M***er F****er, I'm the F***ing Driver."

This is a MAN with a PLAN. That's what he has said from day 1, and what I hoped. But when he nail gunned that reporter to his own clipboard, I knew it was true. He is not going to rest until he has put this train onto a set of rails with "Today" as the boarding platform and "NBA Championship" as the destination.

Moving Bargs was incredible, but moving Gay the way he did was like the first day of the biblical creation. " And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness."

The Raptors have finally had the light divided from the darkness. I haven't felt like this since Isaiah Thomas stepped through the paper Raptor with a basketball in his hand.

I really don't have a clue as to what is next, but I find myself perfectly willing to simply board the MU bus and say "Carry on Driver. Wherever you're going looks like a fine place to be."

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if we can really net any more 2014 First Round Picks, such a high price for them.

I think people might be willing to give up like 2 Young Prospects, and like a 2nd Rounder for a Good Player, rather than their First Rounder.

But, who knows, lets hope MU can work some magic and turn some of our players into picks! ^_^

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    He just SAID IT. TANKING

"we wont be stuck in no mans land, thats for sure"
    How is that saying that we are tanking? Why couldn't this be that he's sure that with the moves he has done and that he will do, the team will reach the playoffs?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    How is that saying that we are tanking? Why couldn't this be that he's sure that with the moves he has done and that he will do, the team will reach the playoffs?
    Because, we don't have the talent to compete for a Championship?

I don't think MU will call it "Tanking" by dismantling the roster, picking up picks/prospects and short-term contracts to prepare for the big FA class coming up.

Post Thanks / Like

Realized there was a part 3 and 4 and added that to the OP.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tim & Sid: I believe in Masai

I want an encore!

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe we can create an contender with current assets during this season. Thats why I said tanking.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Tue Dec 10th, 2013 at 03:43 AM.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Rookie dzoni71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    why would Masai take Barnes over JV now? Makes no sense at all
    Last year we were offered James freakin' Harden for JV which was shot down in a second. And now you want to trade him for Barnes!? Makes zero sense to me (not to rockwell, but to original post)

Raptors Republic Rookie dzoni71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Moving Bargs was incredible, but moving Gay the way he did was like the first day of the biblical creation. " And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness."
    Actually The Bargs trade was the incredible one, we got three picks back in that deal which is insane! The Rudy trade isn't nearly as spectacular, though. We only received possible cap relief (if Gay opts out we actually added salary), no real prospects, no draft picks. This deal makes sense only if it's the first of several to come by trade deadline. Right now I cannot even grade the trade.

13. Like LBF liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote dzoni71 wrote: View Post
    Actually The Bargs trade was the incredible one, we got three picks back in that deal which is insane! The Rudy trade isn't nearly as spectacular, though. We only received possible cap relief (if Gay opts out we actually added salary), no real prospects, no draft picks. This deal makes sense only if it's the first of several to come by trade deadline. Right now I cannot even grade the trade.
    I agree. But you also have to consider the timing of the deals. With Bargnani, you have the luxury of selling a GM with -- this man improved since his injury because of summer workouts, etc. -- he's in shape, etc. Where as with Rudy, you are in a position of trying to sell someone who just laid bricks on bricks a few days ago.

Considering time & situation, I say this pick is beneficial for us -- not from a talent standpoint. We lost talent overall -- I don't care what anyone says. It's because we can now start implementing the "plan". I like it because now the Raptors have more control of their future. With Rudy, you're going to wait for HIS DECISION.

If Rudy can't make decisions that help the Raptors on the court, you shouldn't try to see if he makes one that benefits you off the court. There's an element of risk there but at least now, Masai has complete control of our financial situation instead of planning around someone who may [or] may not opt in.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

couldnt do it, too painful

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who will survive the teardown?

The usually vague Masai gave us a rare concrete statement yesterday about not being stuck in no man's land. The best part was his response to the follow up question "How can you say that?". "Because I know I can say that" If anyone can just post that short clip, it's great. In either case, I've always held that the common ground between the tankers and the antitankers is the desire to improve. Either way, it's about looking 1 or 2 years from now and asking who on this roster will still be valuable then? Obviously the tenet holds that anyone can be traded, but that aside, who should (or should not) be traded?
    There are easy one's like Lowry. He has no contract beyond this year. Not part of the future. Trade. Hansborough? Novak? Also not part of the future (just less interest). Trade. Amir? That gets tougher. The whole point of a progressive tear down is to still have valuable pieces left to put around the fruits of the tear down. I would say he is more valuable than his contract. Stay. Demar? Even tougher. Sell high? or is he (gulp) showing that he may earn his contract too? Somebody is going to be left. I don't think this is a lose for years plan. I think it's about this draft and then getting up and going from there. So, who do you think will be left?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote dzoni71 wrote: View Post
    Last year we were offered James freakin' Harden for JV which was shot down in a second. And now you want to trade him for Barnes!? Makes zero sense to me (not to rockwell, but to original post)
    That was Colangelo, unfortunately turning down that offer. Again, Barnes for Valanciunas is a fair trade, both promising young players. Without dissecting their games and stats in minutiae, I have come to the opinion that Barnes is the better player, right now and will be in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    The usually vague Masai gave us a rare concrete statement yesterday about not being stuck in no man's land. The best part was his response to the follow up question "How can you say that?". "Because I know I can say that" If anyone can just post that short clip, it's great. In either case, I've always held that the common ground between the tankers and the antitankers is the desire to improve. Either way, it's about looking 1 or 2 years from now and asking who on this roster will still be valuable then? Obviously the tenet holds that anyone can be traded, but that aside, who should (or should not) be traded?
    There are easy one's like Lowry. He has no contract beyond this year. Not part of the future. Trade. Hansborough? Novak? Also not part of the future (just less interest). Trade. Amir? That gets tougher. The whole point of a progressive tear down is to still have valuable pieces left to put around the fruits of the tear down. I would say he is more valuable than his contract. Stay. Demar? Even tougher. Sell high? or is he (gulp) showing that he may earn his contract too? Somebody is going to be left. I don't think this is a lose for years plan. I think it's about this draft and then getting up and going from there. So, who do you think will be left?
    Players who should have a moving company on speed-dial:
    - Lowry
    - Novak
    - Hansborough
    - Salmons
    - Hayes
    - Patterson
    - Daye

Players who should at least have the moving company's website bookmarked:
    - Fields
    - Stone
    - Buycks