X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    He just SAID IT. TANKING

"we wont be stuck in no mans land, thats for sure"
    How is that saying that we are tanking? Why couldn't this be that he's sure that with the moves he has done and that he will do, the team will reach the playoffs?

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      How is that saying that we are tanking? Why couldn't this be that he's sure that with the moves he has done and that he will do, the team will reach the playoffs?
      Because, we don't have the talent to compete for a Championship?

I don't think MU will call it "Tanking" by dismantling the roster, picking up picks/prospects and short-term contracts to prepare for the big FA class coming up.

Comment

Realized there was a part 3 and 4 and added that to the OP.

Comment

Tim & Sid: I believe in Masai

I want an encore!

Comment

I don't believe we can create an contender with current assets during this season. Thats why I said tanking.
            Last edited by RandomGuy; Tue Dec 10, 2013, 04:43 AM.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              why would Masai take Barnes over JV now? Makes no sense at all
              Last year we were offered James freakin' Harden for JV which was shot down in a second. And now you want to trade him for Barnes!? Makes zero sense to me (not to rockwell, but to original post)

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                Moving Bargs was incredible, but moving Gay the way he did was like the first day of the biblical creation. " And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness."
                Actually The Bargs trade was the incredible one, we got three picks back in that deal which is insane! The Rudy trade isn't nearly as spectacular, though. We only received possible cap relief (if Gay opts out we actually added salary), no real prospects, no draft picks. This deal makes sense only if it's the first of several to come by trade deadline. Right now I cannot even grade the trade.

Comment

dzoni71 wrote: View Post
                  Actually The Bargs trade was the incredible one, we got three picks back in that deal which is insane! The Rudy trade isn't nearly as spectacular, though. We only received possible cap relief (if Gay opts out we actually added salary), no real prospects, no draft picks. This deal makes sense only if it's the first of several to come by trade deadline. Right now I cannot even grade the trade.
                  I agree. But you also have to consider the timing of the deals. With Bargnani, you have the luxury of selling a GM with -- this man improved since his injury because of summer workouts, etc. -- he's in shape, etc. Where as with Rudy, you are in a position of trying to sell someone who just laid bricks on bricks a few days ago.

Considering time & situation, I say this pick is beneficial for us -- not from a talent standpoint. We lost talent overall -- I don't care what anyone says. It's because we can now start implementing the "plan". I like it because now the Raptors have more control of their future. With Rudy, you're going to wait for HIS DECISION.

If Rudy can't make decisions that help the Raptors on the court, you shouldn't try to see if he makes one that benefits you off the court. There's an element of risk there but at least now, Masai has complete control of our financial situation instead of planning around someone who may [or] may not opt in.
                  “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

couldnt do it, too painful

Comment

Who will survive the teardown?

The usually vague Masai gave us a rare concrete statement yesterday about not being stuck in no man's land. The best part was his response to the follow up question "How can you say that?". "Because I know I can say that" If anyone can just post that short clip, it's great. In either case, I've always held that the common ground between the tankers and the antitankers is the desire to improve. Either way, it's about looking 1 or 2 years from now and asking who on this roster will still be valuable then? Obviously the tenet holds that anyone can be traded, but that aside, who should (or should not) be traded?
                      There are easy one's like Lowry. He has no contract beyond this year. Not part of the future. Trade. Hansborough? Novak? Also not part of the future (just less interest). Trade. Amir? That gets tougher. The whole point of a progressive tear down is to still have valuable pieces left to put around the fruits of the tear down. I would say he is more valuable than his contract. Stay. Demar? Even tougher. Sell high? or is he (gulp) showing that he may earn his contract too? Somebody is going to be left. I don't think this is a lose for years plan. I think it's about this draft and then getting up and going from there. So, who do you think will be left?

Comment

dzoni71 wrote: View Post
                        Last year we were offered James freakin' Harden for JV which was shot down in a second. And now you want to trade him for Barnes!? Makes zero sense to me (not to rockwell, but to original post)
                        That was Colangelo, unfortunately turning down that offer. Again, Barnes for Valanciunas is a fair trade, both promising young players. Without dissecting their games and stats in minutiae, I have come to the opinion that Barnes is the better player, right now and will be in the future.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          The usually vague Masai gave us a rare concrete statement yesterday about not being stuck in no man's land. The best part was his response to the follow up question "How can you say that?". "Because I know I can say that" If anyone can just post that short clip, it's great. In either case, I've always held that the common ground between the tankers and the antitankers is the desire to improve. Either way, it's about looking 1 or 2 years from now and asking who on this roster will still be valuable then? Obviously the tenet holds that anyone can be traded, but that aside, who should (or should not) be traded?
                          There are easy one's like Lowry. He has no contract beyond this year. Not part of the future. Trade. Hansborough? Novak? Also not part of the future (just less interest). Trade. Amir? That gets tougher. The whole point of a progressive tear down is to still have valuable pieces left to put around the fruits of the tear down. I would say he is more valuable than his contract. Stay. Demar? Even tougher. Sell high? or is he (gulp) showing that he may earn his contract too? Somebody is going to be left. I don't think this is a lose for years plan. I think it's about this draft and then getting up and going from there. So, who do you think will be left?
                          Players who should have a moving company on speed-dial:
                          - Lowry
                          - Novak
                          - Hansborough
                          - Salmons
                          - Hayes
                          - Patterson
                          - Daye

Players who should at least have the moving company's website bookmarked:
                          - Fields
                          - Stone
                          - Buycks
                          - Vasquez

Players who need a great offer to be considered:
                          - DeRozan
                          - Johnson
                          - Ross

Players who need an amazing offer to be considered:
                          - Valanciunas

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            - Lowry
                            - Novak
                            - Hansborough
                            - Salmons
                            - Hayes
                            - Patterson
                            - Daye

- Fields
                            - Stone
                            - Buycks
                            - Vasquez

- DeRozan
                            - Johnson
                            - Ross

- Valanciunas
                            That sums it up nicely.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

- Lowry
                              - Novak
                              - Hansborough
                              - Salmons
                              - Hayes
                              - Patterson
                              - Daye

- Fields
                              - Stone
                              - Buycks
                              - Vasquez

- DeRozan
                              - Johnson
                              - Ross

- Valanciunas
                              Nailed it!
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

- Lowry
                                - Novak
                                - Hansborough
                                - Salmons
                                - Hayes
                                - Patterson
                                - Daye

- Fields
                                - Stone
                                - Buycks
                                - Vasquez

- DeRozan
                                - Johnson
                                - Ross

- Valanciunas
                                I agree. Well...that was quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X