Trade Kyle and Amir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Kyle and Amir?

I think the best thing we could do is trade Kyle Lowry WITH Amir Johnson for expiring contracts (1 year or 2) and a 2014 or 2015 first round draft pick. And there is a LOT of possible trade partners.

Why? Get a 1st round draft pick. We have enough depth at PF and we are better to trade Amir than letting him go for nothing during the summer (team option, 7M$). Even more true for Kyle.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradech..._trade/6374613

Kyle Lowry, Amir Johnson and Austin Daye for Steve Nash, Jodie Meeks, Robert Sacre, a 2014 2nd round pick and a 2015 1st round pick.

Valanciunas/Hayes/Sacre
    Patterson/Hansbrough
    Fields/Salmons/Novak
    DeRozan/Ross/Meeks
    Vasquez/Nash/Buycks/Stone

Nash is retiring at the end of the season. 2 canadians. A good expiring contract SG. Draft picks. Doesn't help the winning column...

What do you guys think?

Comment

No pick. The best the Lakers can offer is a non-guaranteed 2019 or 2020 pick.

Non-guaranteed meaning that Orlando and Phoenix need to get picks from the Lakers first. So if those obligations are met by that time, the Lakers give you their 2019 or 2020 pick, and if they aren't met by that time, then you get nothing. Or you get some second rounder.

Comment

Ok then, forget the Lakers as trade partners. What do you think of that initial thought of trading Amir and Lowry for expirings and a 1st round draft pick? Do you think it is possible? Would you do it? Do you see any potential trade partner?

Comment

I don't know, I'm open to trading anyone. As for how to get the best value, that depends on the team. Some teams might want Lowry, some might like Lowry and Amir, some might like Amir and DeRozan, and so on.

I don't think Ujiri makes upfront decisions like "I need to shop Lowry and Amir as a package deal." I imagine he calls all the teams and has a chat about who the other team might like and what they might give.

As for which teams might want both Lowry and Amir..

I suspect the Knicks would. The closest pick they can offer is 2018. And of course they have Shumpert. I would definitely look into that. The problem is matching salaries. Carmelo, Tyson Chandler, Bargnani wouldn't be in that deal. Which only leaves Amare. Which kills Toronto's cap space. So that one is probably off the table. Ujiri says no unless the Knicks go bonkers and offer Amare+Shumpert AND picks (for Lowry, Amir, Fields).

The Bulls could use Lowry but they wouldn't value Amir. But I'd definitely talk to them about Lowry solo.

The Bucks could use Lowry but again wouldn't value Amir. Also, they probably wouldn't give much (anything?) for a rental at this point, in part because of the JJ Redick fiasco, in part because they are 4-16. Maybe they'd have more interest in Vasquez, as he will be restricted.

Miami could use both. They could offer 2017 and 2019 picks, they have some salary fillers (Haslem, Joel Anthony, Battier, Norris Coles..). That would be an overt tanking move by the Raptors, since they would get utter scrubs.
          That's a very scary thought for teams trying to win the title, though. The Heat would be DEEP.
          g Lowry / Chalmers
          g Wade / Ray Allen
          f Battier / Beasley
          f LeBron / Amir
          c Bosh / Chris Andersen
          Scary.

I would've said OKC a few weeks ago. But Reggie Jackson is looking really good, he could start for some teams, Lamb looks fine. I think they are happy with their guards at this point. They might have some interest in Amir, though. Or even more so in Patrick Patterson, if the asking price isn't high (like, some 2nds for Patterson? I think they'd consider).

As for the Lakers, I'd still give them a call about Lowry solo. Even if it's a distant protected non-guaranteed 1st round pick + Nash for Lowry, that's still much better than nothing. Who knows, maybe that pick turns out to be pretty good. I don't think they'd offer much for Amir, though.

That's all i can think of. More of a "who wants Lowry" than "who wants both" list, but a few of these teams would like them both, I think.

Comment

^ I read that OKC was willing to move Lamb for somebody that can pack a bit more of a scoring punch off the bench.

Comment

I think the Warriors would be the best option. Lowry for trade exception and picks.

Comment

Warriors don't have any picks, if I remember correctly for a while to trade at least.

Comment

Working...
                X