Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CrossedTheLine wrote: View Post
    Historically awful? LOL
    Boston is the fourth seed with a sub 500 record...this has to be a historically awful season
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

CrossedTheLine wrote: View Post
      Historically awful? LOL
      Howard Beck:

"NBA East on Track to Be History's Worst Conference Ever" (Dec. 3rd) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...onference-ever

As of right now the East is 32-70 against the West. Miami and Indiana are a combined 10-2 against the West. That means the remaining 13 Eastern teams are 22-68 against the West. Looking for adjectives to describe the awfulness? "Historically bad" about sums it up.
      Last edited by S.R.; Tue Dec 10, 2013, 01:09 PM.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        Howard Beck:

"NBA East on Track to Be History's Worst Conference Ever" (Dec. 3rd) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...onference-ever

As of right now the East is 32-70 against the West. Miami and Indiana are a combined 10-2 against the West. That means the remaining 13 Eastern teams are 22-68 against the West. Looking for adjectives to describe the awfulness? "Historically bad" about sums it up.
        Could not agree more.

But I also always thought it was a little strange to subtract the top two teams records. Obviously the point is the show that the eastern conference has an a league (of 2 teams) and a b league.

But I think, it's more fair to also subtract the top two teams in the West from that record. Its more like 22-54. But that's still bad.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

wait, so the guy who acquired lowry - a good PG, on a good deal, but also someone almost universally regarded as mercurial (to put it kindly) - is talking about chemistry & 'character?'

dear bryan: sit the fuck down. when someone's interested in your opinion re. basketball, it will come in the form of a job offer. until then, STFU about things you clearly know little about, m'kay?
          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
            wait, so the guy who acquired lowry - a good PG, on a good deal, but also someone almost universally regarded as mercurial (to put it kindly) - is talking about chemistry & 'character?'

dear bryan: sit the fuck down. when someone's interested in your opinion re. basketball, it will come in the form of a job offer. until then, STFU about things you clearly know little about, m'kay?
            well, considering he was interviewed, it seems like someone was interested. :P
            "Bruno?
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
              I haven't forgotten. BC impressed with his ability to "undo" his mistakes. Crazy thing was he spent essentially his entire time here undoing mistakes - virtually all his biggest transactions turned into mistakes that needed undoing. Hence the complete lack of progress over his tenure.

He also spent far too freely. By no means did I dislike all his moves and I'm definitely exaggerating a bit now (isn't that what the internet's for?), but one very regular criticism was that almost every contract he handed out was overpriced. Add that up over a few seasons and you have a low-ceiling, capped out treadmill roster. Next to a completely dysfunctional franchise (ex. Bobcats), it's about as bad a situation as an NBA team can be in.
              Colangelo was the first really good GM to come to toronto and try his ass off to make it work. He went the route of trying to win, so really, if any of you bashing him are the same guys on the "anti-tank" team, then kindly STFU

For the rest, the wasn't great, but he tried to win, made some gambles, won a few lost a few. A very good portion of Fan based criticism of colangelo is pretty weak at best, most of the shit I read is nonsense really.

Anyhow, water under the bridge, I wish the fellow well.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                Colangelo did not address why the Raps would trade Gay, only why Sac would want him. Last year's team, with Gay, Derozan, and Bargnani, was too many volume shooters with only one basketball. Colangelo wasn't asked to address this issue, so I don't really know what he thinks about it.

For what it's worth, most advanced stats say Gay is an average player. I'm not clear on what Colangelo's definition of "abundantly talented" is in this context. Is that compared to Michael Jordan, or is that compared to the average person not in the NBA?
                Armchair hindsighters.... NOBODY on earth was calling Rudy Gay Average last year. You guys gotta calm the fuck down and stop turning everything into some sort of major drama. Dude didn't work out here, big whoop.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                  Armchair hindsighters.... NOBODY on earth was calling Rudy Gay Average last year. You guys gotta calm the fuck down and stop turning everything into some sort of major drama. Dude didn't work out here, big whoop.
                  Nobody maybe used the word average, but there were more than a few people who were adamantly against the trade for exactly the reasons he ended up getting shipped out:

-Too costly
                  -Isn't better offensively than DeMar
                  -Doesn't do enough other things well enough to warrant paying him double what DeMar makes
                  -Redundancy makes it hard to see chemistry working out
                  -Lazy character at times, coasts and is inconsistent
                  -Coasting means some games he never shows up on D
                  -A chucker who's average (at best) at involving teammates
                  -Screws team flexibility for basically no good reason...nothing that pushes the team higher

etc..etc....

-The only thing I liked about Gay pre-trade was the size/athleticism he brings to SF.
                  -And in the honeymoon period his effort was more consistent on D, and he seemed to be having a good impact as a leader. Both those things completely disappeared this season.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                    I think we've all forgotten how BC was able to trade Araujo, Hedo, Kapono, players who are far more inferior compared to Bargnani and Gay but with pretty much the same disguting contracts. What im trying to say is we all got excited when BC came in and did all these, and now we are all getting excited again with what Masai has done. But what really should matter is what Masai will be doing to improve this team. Sure he got rid of the contracts, but so did BC. What is crucial now is how he's going to be able to separate himself from BC through the players that are coming in.
                    um i think you're forgetting that it was basically all colangelo that signed those players in the first place.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      bosh?

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                        bosh?
                        bosh was drafted pre-BC
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                          bosh was drafted pre-BC
                          and also lost for nothing on his watch...why are we re-opening old wounds...we got The Warlord Messiah Ujiri now.

sidenote: calling him the Warlord might be racist given what part of the world he hails from and what Warlord's do there.
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

oh please. 'NOBODY?' f'real? or do you just remember what you want to remember? speaking of armchair hindsighters...
                            TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Colangelo was the first really good GM to come to toronto and try his ass off to make it work. He went the route of trying to win, so really, if any of you bashing him are the same guys on the "anti-tank" team, then kindly STFU

For the rest, the wasn't great, but he tried to win, made some gambles, won a few lost a few. A very good portion of Fan based criticism of colangelo is pretty weak at best, most of the shit I read is nonsense really.

Anyhow, water under the bridge, I wish the fellow well.
                              This is true. I was pretty pro-Colangelo and an advocate of stability/patience (this franchise has had so much instability at every level for it's entire existence) right up until the last season or two, where it's become apparent how awful the roster is and how limited the prospects for improving it are without the GM being willing to admit his mistakes and blow the thing apart.

I get the advocacy for perspective and level-headedness - at the same time, I think the emotional mood swings of the fan base (fans are really, really moody - basically bipolar) are actually part of what make being a fan fun. I'm not really pissed when I'm "pissed" as a fan. It's just sports. As a Raptors fan you have to have some fun with getting riled up and with something as awful as the prospect of a tank or transactions involving $19 million dollar players that 90% of the league realizes should never have been on your roster in the first place (according to Mark Stein etc. sources post-trade).

If we aren't having fun with the negatives as well as the positives, all we've got is a sub .500 franchise that rarely makes the playoffs and got to the 2nd round once. Kind of depressing if I take that too seriously.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                                sidenote: calling him the Warlord might be racist given what part of the world he hails from and what Warlord's do there.
                                Look, I don't mean to be racist here, but as a kid I was much more into hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X