This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    This is easily the worst Brotherston article I've ever read. Not that he puts out pulitzer material...but wow....this is just dreadful.
    I couldn't even get past the 1st paragraph.

We're talking tenforthewin ridiculousness....

Comment

This is the same author who told us all how great Gay & the Raptors were going to be this season.

I don't want to sound harsh but as I read it, it sounded like he was trying to make himself feel less foolish.

Comment

Should we have a poll on how long it will take before DMC punches Gay in the face?

hahaha

Comment

Gay is still a supremely talented player and playing as a second option behind the Kings star big man DeMarcus Cousins should help bring his numbers back towards his career averages
          So he is a supremely talented player that can't adapt to being a Point Forward, can't adapt to playing the 4, can't adapt to being the number 1 option, can't shoot, spotty defender...what exactly are his supreme talents? Can he burp the alphabet? Shit the dictionary? Do that funny thing with his eyelids? If you are going to spend an entire article arguing how we sabotaged him and then call him a supreme talent... IF HE WAS A SUPREME TALENT HE WOULD BE ABLE TO FIGURE IT THE FUCK OUT.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            So he is a supremely talented player that can't adapt to being a Point Forward, can't adapt to playing the 4, can't adapt to being the number 1 option, can't shoot, spotty defender...what exactly are his supreme talents? Can he burp the alphabet? Shit the dictionary? Do that funny thing with his eyelids? If you are going to spend an entire article arguing how we sabotaged him and then call him a supreme talent... IF HE WAS A SUPREME TALENT HE WOULD BE ABLE TO FIGURE IT THE FUCK OUT.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

thead you need some ice cream!!!

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                thead you need some ice cream!!!
                I would like some ice cream...ahh..god damnit...I'm never gonna lose this weight I found when I moved to Toronto...
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

somebody posted this on the Raptors FB page, its sooooo awesome!!!

I BELIEVE IN MASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI
                  I BELIEVE HE CAN TOUCH THE SKY
                  I THINK ABOUT HIM EVERY NIGHT AND DAY
                  HE MADE BARGNANI GOOOO AWAY
                  I BELIEVE HE CAN SOAR
                  HE SENT RUDY GAY OUT THROUGH THAT OPEN DOOR (he took three shots on the way out and missed)

I BELIEVE, IN MASAI

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                    somebody posted this on the Raptors FB page, its sooooo awesome!!!

I BELIEVE IN MASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI
                    I BELIEVE HE CAN TOUCH THE SKY
                    I THINK ABOUT HIM EVERY NIGHT AND DAY
                    HE MADE BARGNANI GOOOO AWAY
                    I BELIEVE HE CAN SOAR
                    HE SENT RUDY GAY OUT THROUGH THAT OPEN DOOR (he took three shots on the way out and missed)

I BELIEVE, IN MASAI
                    its from Tim and Sid...check the video on the RR home page

Comment

Glorious.

Gay's decline has been steady and not limited to the past 10 months. And let's be honest here, "change of scenery" is nice if you're going to the Heat or the Spurs - but Sacramento? That's where careers go to die. Far more likely that something psychotic will happen with Cousins and Gay sharing the floor than any kind of return to form.

Gay's career arc is starting to look like Ricky Davis (fell off a cliff at 27 - out of the league at 30) or Antoine Walker (started to fall off at 28 - out of the league at 31). Some guys start losing a step while they're still in their 20's, and if they're too much of a headcase to adjust their game or figure it out, they don't last long.

Gay is running on the fumes of his reputation right now. He'll continue to get opportunities as long as someone has to pay him $17-19 million, but as soon as that deal's done....
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I stopped reading Brotherston a long time ago when it seemed that he was falsely quoting people in articles.

Comment

ugghghghghhhhhh...

Mr. Brotherston lost me on this one. Whole article seems like a click generator.
                          Exactly what it is, and working. I couldn't get past a paragraph or two before almost puking. He ain't that dumb, but like many internet writers, hits are more important than reason.

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                            I stopped reading Brotherston a long time ago when it seemed that he was falsely quoting people in articles.
                            I tape every interview - you don't have to like the answers
                            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                              FTR I don't agree with your article, but the vitriol has been a little extreme lol.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                                You said that before. I don't believe you and you're not about to prove me wrong so that's that. Why don't you respond to the rest of the comments about this interesting piece of journalism about how Toronto sabotaged Rudy Gay?

Comment

Working...
                                X