Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a team with more PG Controversy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    2 part honest question for you:

1. What is the right price for you to re-sign Lowry?

2. What price do you expect Lowry to actually be willing to accept (from any team including the Raps)?
    1. I don't know what the going rate for PG's at KL's level are, but considering Curry makes under $10M this year it's safe to say KL can't demand that much. Probably something in the neighbourhood of $7M (low end) to $8M (high end)?

2. Taking a quick glance at the teams out there whom would offer Lowry a starting PG spot as well as market value? Maybe the Lakers if they waive Nash, or he isn't able to return from injury. But they are so over the cap that they aren't going to offer Lowry anything near market value. I think Toronto is in a great position to low ball Lowry because they can offer him a starting spot, and have the cap space.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      1. I don't know what the going rate for PG's at KL's level are, but considering Curry makes under $10M this year it's safe to say KL can't demand that much. Probably something in the neighbourhood of $7M (low end) to $8M (high end)?

2. Taking a quick glance at the teams out there whom would offer Lowry a starting PG spot as well as market value? Maybe the Lakers if they waive Nash, or he isn't able to return from injury. But they are so over the cap that they aren't going to offer Lowry anything near market value. I think Toronto is in a great position to low ball Lowry because they can offer him a starting spot, and have the cap space.
      If you can re-sign KL for $7M for 3-4 years, then I agree you do it because it isn't so much that he can't be moved down the road.

I think KL's demands will likely start at $10M which would be a Top 10 PG salary. He likely signs for somewhere between $8.5M -$9.5M which is probably too much for a rebuilding team to give a 28 yr old scoring PG.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Theirs a controversy? I'm pretty sure it's Lowry's job. Without question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/1...20RaptorsGrid1 was only quoting based on this write up.

Comment

Agree. $10M is too much for Lowry. I think the ace in Toronto's pocket when/if they negotiate with him is the ability to offer a starting role. He is not likely to find another team in free agency where he can be a starter.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Agree. $10M is too much for Lowry. I think the ace in Toronto's pocket when/if they negotiate with him is the ability to offer a starting role. He is not likely to find another team in free agency where he can be a starter.
            But what is better for this team, Lowry staying the year, guiding us to the 9th pick and staying on as the starter on a rebuilding team or moving Lowry, nabbing a top 5 pick and possibly rolling out Dante Exum as the franchise PG for the next 10 years, but with a stop-gap PG for a year or two to allow Exum to acclimatize? Since PG is a fairly deep position in the NBA (hence the lack of starting roles for KL) we could likely grab one on the cheap. Houston has Aaron Brooks as their 3rd PG, what would that cost? Conditional 2nd rounder?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              I like how people assume "if" we tank this year that will tank next year as well. Masai doesn't strike me as that patient. Seeing that we're not sure that we're taking this year. We should make assumptions about the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I seem to remember a Masai quote "You can't teach winning by losing"

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                I seem to remember a Masai quote "You can't teach winning by losing"
                You also can't teach talent

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  You also can't teach talent
                  well good luck trying to keep this "talent" together, because when it comes time to re-sign all of them to big contracts, say hello to being capped out again. Going the "well balanced" team route will be better for our cap situation.

Comment

I'd offer Lowry 3.5 for 3 years.

He can walk otherwise

Comment

well good luck trying to keep this "talent" together, because when it comes time to re-sign all of them to big contracts, say hello to being capped out again. Going the "well balanced" team route will be better for our cap situation.
                      We don't really have to worry about re-signing them today though, that is years down the road and, if done correctly, we will be winning and considered an up and coming team by then, making all of your arguments moot.

Comment

Good lord, man. Bird rights. Bird rights!

We can exceed the cap without penalty to sign our own players. (I thought we discussed this already)

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                          We don't really have to worry about re-signing them today though, that is years down the road and, if done correctly, we will be winning and considered an up and coming team by then, making all of your arguments moot.
                          I'm just thinking long term, like everyone else is, and if we get 2 superstars, that will add up to $40MIL for 2 players.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Good lord, man. Bird rights. Bird rights!

We can exceed the cap without penalty to sign our own players. (I thought we discussed this already)
                            Luxury Tax man, MLSE something MLSE is not willing to pay.

Comment

Says who? For the right team, I have no doubt MLSE wouldn't mind being a luxury tax team. They have deep pockets and when this team is actually winning, they are quite profitable.

Comment

MLSE is unwilling to pay the luxury tax? That's news to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X