Get Thibs! ...... (if possibile)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Thibs! ...... (if possibile)

Link from ESPN talking about Thibs possibly leaving Chicago and going to the Knicks.

If there is even the slightest, remotest possibility he is available after this year, I hope Toronto offers him $8M. He is hands down, after Pop, my favourite coach in the NBA right now. You want to be taken serious, hire the most serious guy in the league.

It is likely never going to happen but if MLSE/Bell/Rogers want to get credibility in the league, after getting new ownership and new management, a new and well respected coach would certainly add to the cause.

SVG is my number one choice of who is available right now.

Anyways, here is the link:

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...nt-rule-it-out

I thought it had to do with Chicago considering going into a rebuild, given the injury to Rose, contract status of Deng and possible trade/amnesty of Boozer. I read Tweets from a few experts on ESPN today that alluded to the fact that Thibs wasn't interested in managing through any sort of rebuild, which I assumed would rule out Toronto as a potential destination.

Comment

I think it will depend on what kind of talent the draft delivers us.

If we come out of the Draft with a very intriguing piece, we'll have something to dangle in the face of these Coaches.
      I personally would love to go after SVG, but Thibs is an Elite Level basketball mind.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I thought it had to do with Chicago considering going into a rebuild, given the injury to Rose, contract status of Deng and possible trade/amnesty of Boozer. I read Tweets from a few experts on ESPN today that alluded to the fact that Thibs wasn't interested in managing through any sort of rebuild, which I assumed would rule out Toronto as a potential destination.
        joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        I think it will depend on what kind of talent the draft delivers us.

If we come out of the Draft with a very intriguing piece, we'll have something to dangle in the face of these Coaches.
        I personally would love to go after SVG, but Thibs is an Elite Level basketball mind.
        Joey nailed it.

Definitely depends on what comes out of the draft. But given the high profile signing of TL, then MU, and HOPEFULLY a franchise type talent in addition to a HUGE contract offer lets Thibs know the franchise is serious about winning sooner than later.

On sober second thought, probably not the coach you'd want rebuilding and looking for another top pick in 2015. He is one of the few coaches who actually lead to more wins.

Probably jumped the gun on a thread.

Comment

Oofah

add me to the list of guys who'd love Thibs to be here.

or SVG for that matter.

just fire Casey already
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Link from ESPN talking about Thibs possibly leaving Chicago and going to the Knicks.

If there is even the slightest, remotest possibility he is available after this year, I hope Toronto offers him $8M. He is hands down, after Pop, my favourite coach in the NBA right now. You want to be taken serious, hire the most serious guy in the league.

It is likely never going to happen but if MLSE/Bell/Rogers want to get credibility in the league, after getting new ownership and new management, a new and well respected coach would certainly add to the cause.

SVG is my number one choice of who is available right now.

Anyways, here is the link:

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...nt-rule-it-out
            Thibs and SVG remind me a lot of each other (and not just because they're porky middle-aged white dudes). I think Thibs is better though, because I think Thibs wears on his players a bit less and keeps his attitude in better check. Of course SVG was stuck with Dwight Howard, arguably the most immature franchise player (at least in Orlando) ever.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Joey nailed it.

Definitely depends on what comes out of the draft. But given the high profile signing of TL, then MU, and HOPEFULLY a franchise type talent in addition to a HUGE contract offer lets Thibs know the franchise is serious about winning sooner than later.

On sober second thought, probably not the coach you'd want rebuilding and looking for another top pick in 2015. He is one of the few coaches who actually lead to more wins.

Probably jumped the gun on a thread.
              Hey worst case ontario, if we can't get thibs maybe pops will come after Duncan retires haha....
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                Oofah

add me to the list of guys who'd love Thibs to be here.

or SVG for that matter.

just fire Casey already
                lol

Why is this in small font? It should be big....and on a billboard....right outside the ACC

Comment

Doesn't matter who you get. Thibs isn't coming to a tanking team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

bring back jerry sloaaaaaan
                    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Another delusional opine from NY city the centre of the basketball universe. Jeebus between the Yankees and the Knicks they believe that can swing any move....and shameless considering LBJ spurned them when they were convinced they had a great shot and had to settle for Amare and Melo. After Pops I agree that Thibs is probably the best available but he still has 2 years after this. If someone wanted him they would have to pay the Bulls big as in probably bigger than what was for Rivers or Thibs would have to resign (if he could). But more importantly why in heavens name would he want to go to the house Dolan runs and micro manages? I would have to question his sanity... with the assets they have including upcoming drafts. Dolan better watch out with these trial balloons...he could get "knicked" by the commish for tampering.

Comment

I don't like thibs. Without fail each year his starters get injured because he sucks at managing their minutes. someone else please.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                          I don't like thibs. Without fail each year his starters get injured because he sucks at managing their minutes. someone else please.
                          Dont understand. Yes he has a short bench and tight rotation...but he is pushing the envelope with regard to his players playing both ends of the floor....and he is going for the finals at the very least. You are blaming him for Rose's injuries are you?

Comment

can't get rid of casey until the tank is over with… he's doing a great job in that regards with his rotation and late game coaching.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Dont understand. Yes he has a short bench and tight rotation...but he is pushing the envelope with regard to his players playing both ends of the floor....and he is going for the finals at the very least. You are blaming him for Rose's injuries are you?
                              and joakim noah, and luol deng, not to mention jimmy butler is still injured. This guy is like a throwback to the 1800's the way he is running all these black dudes into the ground. You don't see greg popovic or spo' doing that do you?
                              Last edited by akashsingh; Wed Dec 11, 2013, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X