Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Satire to the MAX
    Always remember. Everything we don't understand.. obvious satire.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

ok forget the racist tongue in cheek comment, my bad. But if our best case scenario plays out do you want wiggins and valanciunas to be injured every year?

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
        ok forget the racist tongue in cheek comment, my bad. But if our best case scenario plays out do you want wiggins and valanciunas to be injured every year?
        You have no idea that the two are related. Looking at Rose's injuries, they look to be freak occurrences, having nothing to do with wear-and-tear caused by excessive playing time.

Comment

Ahahahaha, I didnt know coaches had an 'injury factor' stat in 2k14. Thibs apparently is leading the league in injuries caused.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

and joakim noah, and luol deng, not to mention jimmy butler is still injured. This guy is like a throwback to the 1800's the way he is running all these black dudes into the ground. You don't see greg popovic or spo' doing that do you?
            Wowww how do you think like that man!! That's some exceptional brain doing some real work. I bet you DRose didn't think of that yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought akashsingh was banned, lol.

Comment

Not sure about John Stockton. He stepped away from the game and unless I'm mistaken, has zero coaching experience. It would be no different than what Brooklyn did hiring Jason Kidd. We don't need another rookie head coach.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                  Not sure about John Stockton. He stepped away from the game and unless I'm mistaken, has zero coaching experience. It would be no different than what Brooklyn did hiring Jason Kidd. We don't need another rookie head coach.
                  Quite different than hiring Jason Kidd. Kidd played with half of these guys (within the last 3 years) and just retired. He's also famous for his temper (DUI, assault) and ego.

John Stockton would have no pre-existing personal relations with any of the players, a much better demeanor for a young team and has had time off to step away from the game.

I don't think Stockton would have any interest, but to compare it to Kidd is beyond a stretch.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    I came up with that suggestion.. not saying it would work, but if it did who better to have on your bench then one of the smartest players to ever play the game? There have been several successful rookie coaches (Bird, Mark Jackson, Hornacek). Coaching in the NBA requires managing egos, playing time, and bring intelligence to the bench. Stockton would be highly respected among even the most egotistical of players.

I'm not sure if he's available or would want to coach but was just throwing a name out there that isn't Thibs or SVG.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I came up with that suggestion.. not saying it would work, but if it did who better to have on your bench then one of the smartest players to ever play the game? There have been several successful rookie coaches (Bird, Mark Jackson, Hornacek). Coaching in the NBA requires managing egos, playing time, and bring intelligence to the bench. Stockton would be highly respected among even the most egotistical of players.

I'm not sure if he's available or would want to coach but was just throwing a name out there that isn't Thibs or SVG.
                      The whole "no more rookie coaches" is absurd. Jebus, the whole thread is "Get Thibs!", who the Bulls hired as a first-time head coach. Every single great head coach was a first-time coach somewhere. Spoelstra and Scott Brooks have done just fine. As you note, Hornacek looks like a terrific hire.

I have no objection a retread or a brand new guy. Just get the best guy you can.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Link from ESPN talking about Thibs possibly leaving Chicago and going to the Knicks.

If there is even the slightest, remotest possibility he is available after this year, I hope Toronto offers him $8M. He is hands down, after Pop, my favourite coach in the NBA right now. You want to be taken serious, hire the most serious guy in the league.

It is likely never going to happen but if MLSE/Bell/Rogers want to get credibility in the league, after getting new ownership and new management, a new and well respected coach would certainly add to the cause.

SVG is my number one choice of who is available right now.

Anyways, here is the link:

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...nt-rule-it-out
                        Im on board and agree with all thoughts posted above.

and joakim noah, and luol deng, not to mention jimmy butler is still injured. This guy is like a throwback to the 1800's the way he is running all these black dudes into the ground. You don't see greg popovic or spo' doing that do you?
                        umm.. whoa.

Last edited by Machine; Fri Dec 13, 2013, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X